Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was hilarious to watch him on the ball against Juve. So many times he'd be one of the last few players back, he'd see someone like Pjanic or Khedira and be like 'fuck you, i'm going to dribble past you and there is nothing you can do about it'

tumblr_p44pqbZJBF1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

He's the one player that I don't worry about when's he got the ball, as I could probably count on one hand the amount of times he loses it. He's an incredible player and if we can just get another season out of him, think he will help us settle down in our new stadium. He is such an important cog in our midfield. If he could score a few goals, then he would really be the most complete player. He will be a hard act to follow.

He's the one player that I don't worry about when's he got the ball, as I could probably count on one hand the amount of times he loses it. He's an incredible player and if we can just get another season out of him, think he will help us settle down in our new stadium. He is such an important cog in our midfield. If he could score a few goals, then he would really be the most complete player. He will be a hard act to follow.

So many of our players at the moment seem to have skills that i don't see in any other player. It's a bit of a shock thinking about replacing them at some point.

So many of our players at the moment seem to have skills that i don't see in any other player. It's a bit of a shock thinking about replacing them at some point.
It’s actually quite upsetting to think of this team not being together. Best spurs team I’ve ever seen whether they’ve won anything yet or not.
Life goes on, & the Spurs will go marching on long after they’ve all retired. But it would be nice to freeze this period of time in the club’s history for a while. It’s great to be a Spurs fan full stop. But this team makes me want to be young again. Buy a replica shirt, jumpers for goalposts down the park with mates, pretending to be Harry Kane or Christian Eriksen or any of the other stars (except Sissoko. I draw the line at Sissoko- JOKE before anyone gets all Moussa protective)

In fact I’d bloody well do it if it wasn’t likely to give me a thrombosis...& that’s just the thought of the cost of a replica shirt in my size.

It’s actually quite upsetting to think of this team not being together. Best spurs team I’ve ever seen whether they’ve won anything yet or not.
Life goes on, & the Spurs will go marching on long after they’ve all retired. But it would be nice to freeze this period of time in the club’s history for a while. It’s great to be a Spurs fan full stop. But this team makes me want to be young again. Buy a replica shirt, jumpers for goalposts down the park with mates, pretending to be Harry Kane or Christian Eriksen or any of the other stars (except Sissoko. I draw the line at Sissoko- JOKE before anyone gets all Moussa protective)

In fact I’d bloody well do it if it wasn’t likely to give me a thrombosis...& that’s just the thought of the cost of a replica shirt in my size.

The first Spurs shirt I ever bought was that purple one from the ‘famous five’ season after Klinsmann signed. Even at 12 I had no interest in having a name on the back.

I used to pretend to be Nicky Barmby (although I stopped short of moving north and slowly destroying my career. I moved west instead). I was so excited about that team. Posters all over my room. Even Dean Austin.

Dean. Austin.

My point (I’m assuming I have one) is that this current team must be picking up all sorts of new fans in England and across the world. The new stadium sounds, and already looks like, it will be a trailblazer. We have one of the best players in the world in Kane, an amazing manager, and quality throughout the squad. When we click it’s genuinely up there with the best football I’ve ever seen...from any team.

We do need a trophy though. I’d hate to look back on this era and think we had nothing to show for it.

The whole must win trophies thing is annoying, it's been an absolute privilege to watch this lot and don't get me wrong they deserve to. We have been spoilt though

The whole must win trophies thing is annoying, it's been an absolute privilege to watch this lot and don't get me wrong they deserve to. We have been spoilt though
Everything surrounding the club at the moment seems to have a lovely aura. Settled in at wembley, staggeringly beautiful new stadium rising up at a rate of knots, squad all back to full fitness, team playing great football & sweeping aside teams like Woolwich & United in the league, holding our own at anfield (where we have rarely got anything) & making European giants look like they are walking through cement.

A trophy would be the icing on a very tasty cake. But I’m really enjoying the journey.

Just on Talk sport...

Joey Barton: "Look at Dembele - no France caps. Alan, is there any reason he can't get in their World Cup squad?"

Alan Brazil: "I don't see why not"

30s later...

Barton: "Oh that's right, he's Belgian"

:dembelelol:

Imagine if the Moose played for anyone else but us, he'd be the football writers spunk rag instead of Kante.

I'm looking forward to the "Incredible talent" Kante getting absolutely destroyed by Moose at the Millhouse shithole.

Imagine if the Moose played for anyone else but us, he'd be the football writers spunk rag instead of Kante.

I'm looking forward to the "Incredible talent" Kante getting absolutely destroyed by Moose at the Millhouse shithole.
Wanyama took the piss out of him last time we played them there and at WHL.

Just on Talk sport...

Joey Barton: "Look at Dembele - no France caps. Alan, is there any reason he can't get in their World Cup squad?"

Alan Brazil: "I don't see why not"

30s later...

Barton: "Oh that's right, he's Belgian"

:dembelelol:

Joey Barton makes live radio gaffe with comment about Mousa Dembele

Barton, who by this stage had been given the facts by a producer, backtracked: “Oh, sorry, he’s Belgian, isn’t he? What am I on about?”

“Of course he is,” Brazil said, before adding the immortal line. “There are so many Dembeles about now”.

Back
Top Bottom