Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a bad feeling he may just be going to wait out his contract in the hope of getting his "big move" ??

Tottenham star Dembele snubs Inter Milan
"Dembele, 31, had been approached by the Serie A giants, however he has snubbed the chance to move to the San Siro due to him wanting a “final big-club move” in his career.

It is understood that Beijing Guoan have offered the Spurs first teamer a huge deal earlier this summer, however he decided that it was too soon to move to China.

Dembele was arguably one of Spurs’ best players last season as he appeared 39 times across all competitions.
Dembele is in the final year of his contract at Tottenham and it is very likely that Daniel Levy would want to cash in on him now rather than letting him leave for free in less than a years’ time. While Levy could always offer the Belgium international a new contract to extend his stay, the fact that his is now 31-years-old and appears to be angling for a move away suggests that is not going to happen. It is odd that he would reject Inter Milan. They are a massive club and one of the most historic in European football, but he has turned it down to pursue a “big-club move”. It’s not like Barcelona, Real Madrid of Bayern Munich are all being linked with the midfield kingpin and Inter are probably the biggest club that are going to make him an offer before the end of the transfer window.

I have a bad feeling he may just be going to wait out his contract in the hope of getting his "big move" ??

Tottenham star Dembele snubs Inter Milan
"Dembele, 31, had been approached by the Serie A giants, however he has snubbed the chance to move to the San Siro due to him wanting a “final big-club move” in his career.

It is understood that Beijing Guoan have offered the Spurs first teamer a huge deal earlier this summer, however he decided that it was too soon to move to China.

Dembele was arguably one of Spurs’ best players last season as he appeared 39 times across all competitions.
Dembele is in the final year of his contract at Tottenham and it is very likely that Daniel Levy would want to cash in on him now rather than letting him leave for free in less than a years’ time. While Levy could always offer the Belgium international a new contract to extend his stay, the fact that his is now 31-years-old and appears to be angling for a move away suggests that is not going to happen. It is odd that he would reject Inter Milan. They are a massive club and one of the most historic in European football, but he has turned it down to pursue a “big-club move”. It’s not like Barcelona, Real Madrid of Bayern Munich are all being linked with the midfield kingpin and Inter are probably the biggest club that are going to make him an offer before the end of the transfer window.
That wouldn't be such a bad thing tbh.

We are not going to be able to buy a replacement for cheap or for anywhere near the amount we can get for him (age, contract and injuries suggests a low fee).

I'd be surprised if we got more than £15m-£25m.

We'd be better off keeping him and him leaving on a free next year.

If he can hold the fort for one last season whilst Winks and all our super new summer CM signings get up to speed/level that will do nicely.
Absolutely spot on. One more year out of Moose, wrapped in cotton wool & wheeled out for the most important 20-25 games is more valuable to the club than a transfer fee of £20 million imo. Whoever we have in mind as his heir, can train with him, learn from him & get used to the set up. I’d be delighted if he stays & even happier if he agreed an extension of his contract. The guy oozes class and I’d love him to remain with us after his career finishes.

Absolutely spot on. One more year out of Moose, wrapped in cotton wool & wheeled out for the most important 20-25 games is more valuable to the club than a transfer fee of £20 million imo. Whoever we have in mind as his heir, can train with him, learn from him & get used to the set up. I’d be delighted if he stays & even happier if he agreed an extension of his contract. The guy oozes class and I’d love him to remain with us after his career finishes.
Yeah okay 20million is a lot of money in the grand scale of things but in terms of football and players it’s not! If he stays and we get games out of him and he gives a 100% then fair enough we can right off the money as we won’t have to replace just now but we will need a replacement eventually.

Yeah okay 20million is a lot of money in the grand scale of things but in terms of football and players it’s not! If he stays and we get games out of him and he gives a 100% then fair enough we can right off the money as we won’t have to replace just now but we will need a replacement eventually.
I agree with all of that. It gives us time to identify, sign/train up from the youth set up.

I thought he made a huge deal difference when he came on. It really calmed us down. Dembele to start every game with Winks coming on once fit, play Winksy in cup games or in lesser games like Brighton or Huddersfield at home and towards the end of the season set Harry the target of being good enough to start taking Mousa's place in the squad. After his showing today it's worth far more to Tottenham keeping him than it is cashing in £10m for him.

He makes the difference others in our squad can't. Such an elegant player I sincerely hope we don't cash in with few weeks left of the window yet to go

1_Facebook.png

We all know that his body can't handle a full schedule anymore. So using him as a super sub has to be the way to go this year right? Like we did today where he can come in off the bench to wrestle control back or to kill a game if we are in the lead. We always talk about needing a player that can do that. And I think that Moose (and to some extent Lamela if he can remain fit) can be those players.

If we keep the 3 at the back we can start games with Eriksen deeper in midfield or run Winks in a similar role. Then send Moose on in the second half. Must be easier on his body as well to only play say 20-25 minutes per game rather than 60-70? And would give Winks a chance to grow into the role without putting too much pressure on him since Moose will be available.

I love the new role of Dembele coming on in second half of games, taking it by the scruff of the knock and dominating.

Though, I'd probably aim to start him against United next week at Old Trafford. Problem is, who do you drop?

It's such a shame that testimonials only get played for players who've been at a club for ten years (might be talking out of my arse here)

I'd love is to have one or him when he goes. He's an absolute monster and has been nothing but class in both his attitude and on pitch contributions.

Imho when they were fit him and Sandro were one of the best CM duos I've ever seen play live. They both equalised our then lack of ability by just being absolute beasts on the pitch winning everything in front of them. I was gutted once it was clear Sandro's injuries took their toll

I rarely like to call people flat out wrong but I did with a ( don't judge me ) long term hammers fan who couldn't see what the fuss was about. I think at the one of the convo Dembele was casually shrugging off two oppo players, removing the ball from a potentially dangerous turnovers before calmly playing the more intelligent and less obvious pass rather than get rid asap.

He still didn't get it. And that's why he supports Spam

I think Poch is just saving him for the big games , remember folks we have a packed schedule this season and it's probably wise not to be starting Dembele against the likes of Fulham at home. Don't get me wrong though I do quite rate their squad but we have played them at a perfect moment when they are trying tk get their shit together.

Got a really good reception from the Fulham fans next to us when he came on - was nice to see him being appreciated :pochsmirk:

Saw quite a few tweets from Fulham fans saying he was the best midfielder most of them had ever seen at Craven Cottage so not surprised at his reaction.

Back
Top Bottom