Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My favourite Spurs player along with Greaves
Just loved to watch him breeze past opposition
players and them bounce off him when they tried to tackle him... good luck Mousa

First saw the big man when he played for Fulham and single-handedly wrecked United in a cup game. As I recall, he came late in the transfer window when we were starting Sandro and Livermore, and had dropped enough points to eventually cost us CL football —another genius move by Mr L. Was that the same year the copier failed on the Moutinho transfer? Well done, Mr L.
Took me a while to warm to the big man but I came to appreciate his unique skills. I honestly believe there were a couple of years when he was in the top five box-to-box midfielders in Europe. Only Bale’s leaving the club has affected me more in the last decade.

I was at WHL when he made his debut and scored against Norwich.

I've said it before but I will never forget that incredible performance away to Juve in the CL. The very definition of taking a game by the scruff of the neck.

We still haven’t recovered from losing him, there is not one midfielder on our books who can dominate an opposing midfield and run the game the way he did.

Like Poch famously said, “without Dembele Tottenham do not exist”. Until we find a successor we are never really going to be able to make that next step. Every winning team needs a midfielder that opponents are afraid of.

We still haven’t recovered from losing him, there is not one midfielder on our books who can dominate an opposing midfield and run the game the way he did.

Like Poch famously said, “without Dembele Tottenham do not exist”. Until we find a successor we are never really going to be able to make that next step. Every winning team needs a midfielder that opponents are afraid of.
:tanguythumb:

First saw the big man when he played for Fulham and single-handedly wrecked United in a cup game. As I recall, he came late in the transfer window when we were starting Sandro and Livermore, and had dropped enough points to eventually cost us CL football —another genius move by Mr L.

Sorry, you won't hear me complaining about a trf window that comprised Hugo, Vert AND Dembele.

Was that the same year the copier failed on the Moutinho transfer? Well done, Mr L.

Nope... Different window.

Took me a while to warm to the big man but I came to appreciate his unique skills. I honestly believe there were a couple of years when he was in the top five box-to-box midfielders in Europe. Only Bale’s leaving the club has affected me more in the last decade.

It really does suck not getting to a proper goodbye to some players doesn't it..... Ditto: Vert & Dawson.

Sorry, you won't hear me complaining about a trf window that comprised Hugo, Vert AND Dembele.

Nope... Different window.

It really does suck not getting to a proper goodbye to some players doesn't it..... Ditto: Vert & Dawson.
hopefully, they will all come back for Hugo's testimonial...............................he better get one!!!

One of the most unsung PL players ever!!
(I know we appreciated him) but you look at the types of central midfielder Sky used to drool over (James Milner, Jack Wilshire, Mark Noble to name a few) they're not fit to lace the Moose's antlers!!

I will confess that I wasn't especially impressed when he first played for us, think I was expecting a midfield-scoring-machine. But then I really understood what he brought to the team. I don't think I ever saw him lose the ball (apart from against Man U in the FAC semi, and that's when I knew he wasn't up to the vigours of the PL).
Many people have rightly pointed out he had a unique set of skills that made it impossible to get a direct replacement, maybe he has passed them onto his son :)
I'm not going to compare him to other great midfielders that have worn our shirt, let's say that I have enjoyed watching all of them.
Good luck on your retirement when it gets here, Moose, it was a pleasure to have you at our Club.

Last edited:
Don't know, but if that's the case, bloody disgrace!!! Still, it doesn't seem to have bothered him, as he is really enjoying being an ambassador at the Club.

Jan 05 > Aug 14 ..........10 years of service required innit?

Boy is a y-i-d.... Seeing him pair up again with The King last year was beautiful!

Last edited:
Actually, I think he’s one of the best players I have ever watched. The only thing he lacked from being genuine elite was consistency, probably affected by injuries.
But on his day, he was UNPLAYABLE. Literally no one could dominate him or come close to it.

One of the most unsung PL players ever!!
(I know we appreciated him) but you look at the types of central midfielder Sky used to drool over (James Milner, Jack Wilshire, Mark Noble to name a few) they're not fit to lace the Moose's antlers!!
nah tbh pundits did appreciate Dembele.

Back
Top Bottom