Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Holtby/Dembele & Lamela are showing glimpses that they're starting to gel as a little threesome (stop it!) in a similar way to how I'd love to see Sandro/Paulhino & Eriksen gel as a mini unit... 2 CMs combining with an attacking outlet is surely the way forward...
I still think AVB likes his little 'teams within teams', and hopefully he'll find a variety of combinations that work as well in the PL as it seems to be doing in the cups (for what its' worth, I think Defoe/Holtby work pretty well too...) and it looks as if Holtby is settling more into his role now.

Dembele's through ball to rose gave me goosebumps. that was the most perfect of any pass I have ever seen.

Dembele's a strange one, isn't he? I think if he works on his vision, he could become so much better. He has everything else to be one of the best.
If you can dribble past one man in the midfield, you have already set up your team in a wonderful position for a dangerous attack. If he and the team could learn to exploit the holes created when he does this, oh my... the tropic fruit we could all be having!

Dembele's a strange one, isn't he? I think if he works on his vision, he could become so much better. He has everything else to be one of the best.
If you can dribble past one man in the midfield, you have already set up your team in a wonderful position for a dangerous attack. If he and the team could learn to exploit the holes created when he does this, oh my... the tropic fruit we could all be having!

The biggest critisism I have of him is how long he holds the ball, how he doesnt pass quickly.

I think if he can add that too his game he will be incredible, because he is soooooo close right now!

Last night he pinged the ball a lot sooner than he normally would and I thought was amazing, too often though he holds the ball for far to long when a pass is needed quickly...

The biggest critisism I have of him is how long he holds the ball, how he doesnt pass quickly.

I think if he can add that too his game he will be incredible, because he is soooooo close right now!

Last night he pinged the ball a lot sooner than he normally would and I thought was amazing, too often though he holds the ball for far to long when a pass is needed quickly...

Agree with you Lister but it is a double edged sword, there needs to be good movement from the team for him to make the pass. I don't think it is a supprise that as our movement is slowly getting better that he too can find the pass quicker. In addition, since the Man U game we appear to be conceeding possession now, which is giving him more space/time when we win the ball back. By the way is pass completion was 98% last night, it doesn't matter who you play against I can't recall seeing a stat this high.

Of course. I should say though with him there are usually a number of times Im thinking "Pass it, now = pass it! FFS Why are you holding onto it!?"

Wish he would take a shot more often as he has a decent strike on him. its madness that someone with his skill scored only his second pl goal for us

He was unreal today, if you have the Squawka app take a lot at his stats for today. Top drawer. Needs more performance like this. I think he is very well suited to a 4-4-2. Decent goal as well.

He needs to shoot more often

PeskyParallelHuia.gif

He needs to shoot more often

PeskyParallelHuia.gif

More of the same please. Our centre midfield is better than United's. Dembele had a fucking amazing game for Fulham at Old Trafford a while back and again for us in the 3-2, clearly loves the big occasion even if his eyes make him look like he's smoked a J half hour before kick off, he seemed full of energy yesterday and his touch and ball retention was fucking sublime.

Is There A Better Sight Than Dembele Gliding Past Players?

I think not.

Ade's acrobatic goals are real good, too rare though. Bale's no longer here for his worldies. Soldado yet to amaze us with those volleys he is capable of.

Hugo rushing out to tackle attackers is nice to watch but the fear of conceding/him getting sent off prevents you from fully enjoying it.

Moose beating players in the middle of the park and making it look easy has to be the highlight for me in many games, such a difficult thing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dembele

Looks like a great player. But doesnt look like a Modric type player, more of a Scotty and Sandro type replacement.

Im probably wrong :avbshit:
Fucking hell mate , first of all welcome,please change your name@carlito brigante and @ ,will be having behaviours,which will include wanking thereselves blind.:windy:

Is There A Better Sight Than Dembele Gliding Past Players?

I think not.

Ade's acrobatic goals are real good, too rare though. Bale's no longer here for his worldies. Soldado yet to amaze us with those volleys he is capable of.

Hugo rushing out to tackle attackers is nice to watch but the fear of conceding/him getting sent off prevents you from fully enjoying it.

Moose beating players in the middle of the park and making it look easy has to be the highlight for me in many games, such a difficult thing to do.

If spurs were a 5 a side team, he would be first on the team sheet, as he can do it all, tackle, hold off 3 at a time, pass, dribble and shoot, would be a nightmare to play against

Back
Top Bottom