Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Needs some more love on the forum. He is my most improved player this season by a distance. From looking like he couldn't give a sh1t he is now leaner and fitter. Clearly been training well and now Poch is playing him further forward, loving his football again.

Remember that last minute hero of a goal against Lyon almost exactly two years back? He's not far off that form. Only a matter of time before he bags a worldie against some proper opposition.

We've got our Moussa back.
Agee about the fitter. During the scum game I noticed him pressing to regain possession and thought to myself that I didn't remember him running that fast

Needs some more love on the forum. He is my most improved player this season by a distance. From looking like he couldn't give a sh1t he is now leaner and fitter. Clearly been training well and now Poch is playing him further forward, loving his football again.

Remember that last minute hero of a goal against Lyon almost exactly two years back? He's not far off that form. Only a matter of time before he bags a worldie against some proper opposition.

We've got our Moussa back.
He's definitely improved off his dip in form, but the reality is that there are three players that would get the nod before him in midfield, at least for me. If we're looking at a turnaround in perceived attitude of not giving a shit to working hard every week, Vertonghen should be on the top of the list. Don't get me wrong, I like what I'm seeing from him right now, but I can't see how you could call him more improved than either Kane, Bentaleb, Mason, or Rose.

:lennon:

Kane, Rose, Bentaleb, Jan, Chadli..?

He's definitely improved off his dip in form, but the reality is that there are three players that would get the nod before him in midfield, at least for me. If we're looking at a turnaround in perceived attitude of not giving a shit to working hard every week, Vertonghen should be on the top of the list. Don't get me wrong, I like what I'm seeing from him right now, but I can't see how you could call him more improved than either Kane, Bentaleb, Mason, or Rose.
Meant he's the most improved player during this season rather than versus last season. You can see that Moussa's conditioning has come on massively since September whereas the others have basically been doing it since the start.

He's being used in an unusual way, and it's working for us well. It's a completely improvised tactic based on the fact that we don't have a CM pair who are good enough right now, but Dembele the Forward Lying Destroyer is providing us what the system needs right now.

It's complete ghetto tactics, but hilariously works really well.

Hope he carries this form on for the rest of the season. Its been so frustrating watching someone who is quiet patently and fantastic player but was just struggling to unleash the brilliance. Now it seems thanks to the emergence of Mason and Bentaleb he's been freed up to run wild.

Has got all the natural ability in the world - just lacks a killer instinct. Has improved recently but I still think he can do more! Always loved him as a player and would go well hard if he just went beast mode

I've been one of Dembele's biggest critics, but boy did he put a shift in vs Poo. Well rewarded with the goal. The nice thing too is he's improving every game.

The only negative affect it has, is pushing Eriksen outside, but it's great to have another attacking option. The front 4 were really clicking vs Pool. We were unlucky not to bang in a few more goals.

He has rediscovered his mojo somehow, playing as an AM - a lot less sideways passing, a lot more positive forward thinking.

I think he plays AM in stead of Eriksen because he offers more physically ...

The main thing is the lack of the usual sideways passing. He is finally daring to play more forward passes, and he plays much faster. Those things compared with his apparent ability suddenly makes him one of our best players!

i think the reason we are seeing a big improvement in him is because he is much fitter. for a wile there he didn't look fit at all. paired with him being used in a more advanced role we are seeing the dembele that everyone knows hes capable of. confidence is a wonderful thing

Back
Top Bottom