Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow. I've always had a soft spot for him and his unique way of drifting past players.

Just as I started doubting he'd ever get into gear again for us he's having his best form ever, and he's started shooting, which he has shown to be brilliant at. What a goal.

He recently mentioned he's going to be more selfish infront of goal. After his first run with the ball when coming on, he had a shot with his right foot which was on target but lacked power. His second shot of the game was a thunderbolt in the top corner with his right foot.

I am more than happy for Dembele to be taking more shots, he can get a lot of power behind them and it could be quite an asset to have because we know how easy it is for him to create space for himself with how he just beats a man with a shoulder drop.

Great run of form, look forward to seeing him in the NLD.

CTFLhCFWcAEDl2_.png:large

Maybe Dembele is hitting this incredible form because he's finally fully healthy. For almost the entire time he's been here when he's been subbed or the game ended he's hobbled off the field like his leg was about to fall off. It seems like he's moving better than he has in years, maybe his hip is finally feeling better.

What made me like his performance even more (and I have been waiting awhile for this from him) was his one and two touch passing keeping the ball moving in the attacking 3rd. Strike was great but the ball movement will make the team better as a whole.

What made me like his performance even more (and I have been waiting awhile for this from him) was his one and two touch passing keeping the ball moving in the attacking 3rd. Strike was great but the ball movement will make the team better as a whole.
If we go with a 4-3-3 with him on the right, I'm worried that the great ball movement of Walker to Lamela would be lost if Dembele got the ball, but seeing how he was tonight I'm hoping to be wrong.

Thanks to his form we actually have a selection issue. I expect him to replace alli in the nld. But when son is fit I just don't see where he fits into the team. Would love seeing him and eriksen as a cm pairing with dier in behind them though, giving lamela and son a bit more space to cut inside up front as well.

Eriksen doesn't score enough for me, but he can play either of those two through on goal. I imagine it would bring the best out of lamela while playing moose in his natural position too

Thanks to his form we actually have a selection issue. I expect him to replace alli in the nld. But when son is fit I just don't see where he fits into the team. Would love seeing him and eriksen as a cm pairing with dier in behind them though, giving lamela and son a bit more space to cut inside up front as well.

Eriksen doesn't score enough for me, but he can play either of those two through on goal. I imagine it would bring the best out of lamela while playing moose in his natural position too

Eriksen doesn't score enough really! :dembele::pochwtf::lloris:

He used to be a striker, Fulham turned him to a mid so they will use that as an excuse
Exactly what I have been saying all along. He's not really the player that will ping passes around and split defences with slide rule assists from midfield. He can dribble and he has a great shot on him.
Pretty Spursy too that we signed El Hamdaoui under Jol and he never got a PL start and 2 yrs later he's at AZ where he becomes Dutch footballer of the year and top scorer with 23 goals, playing alongside Dembele who scored 10.
When we signed Dembele and I heard he was the replacement for Modric I thought it a bit odd. They are nothing like each other.

Anyway, I have been saying all along that I think MP has done a great job with him. He is not injured as much, he looks a bit leaner and is definitely fitter. He can last 90 mins now.
Hopefully MP can bring back the direct exciting Dembele who can score a few goals. I mean in his last 3 games he has scored as many goal as he has done in the the last 2 seasons.
He's been here in the PL a while and not really delivered the form that brought him here.. That may be down to both us and Fulham asking him to fulfil a role he's not at his best in, I don't know.
Either way, to have a Dembele in the team that is scoring goals can only be a good thing.

Eriksen doesn't score enough really! :dembele::pochwtf::lloris:

In open play? Definitely not. Not for a number 10 with the talent he has. He's great at banging in free kicks, definitely. But I'd say he could do with being a little more prolific if he is playing as a CAM. I think his best ability is his vision and ability to play a pass and make a run. I feel he would be a little more effective played a little deeper with license to move forward, similar to Iniesta for Barca.

Only difference being if we have both him and Dembele playing in CM they would both be more Iniesta type players instead of a Xavi/Iniesta pairing.

I'm in no way saying they would be as good as those players. But that's neither here nor there.

Personally I just don't love a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 with inverted wingers. I much prefer 4 - 3 - 3 as I feel it leaves that number 10 space available for the CM's or wingers to drift into. As opposed to Lamela and Son cutting into space already occupied by Eriksen. It all comes down to how fluid the team is as well.

Back
Top Bottom