Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

POTY has to be Son for me. Sissoko most improved player sure, but he hasn't been our best.
every time i think it's Son he goes missing for 2 or 3 games. His contribution has stood out due to Kane's injuries but he's not been consistent enough for me. That why i tend to go with Jan.

Depends on how you base your player of the year and what your criteria is, I suppose

Son has been involved in 30 goals this season.. but so has Kane.

Goal importance?

Without Kane's goals or assist, we wouldn't have qualified for the latter stages of the Champions League.
Take away Kane's goals or assists in the Premier League and we'd be 11 points worse off.

Without Son's goals in the latter stages of the Champions League, we wouldn't be in the Champions League semi final.
Take away Son's goals or assists in the Premier League and we'd be 8 points worse off.

,Without Kane we got eliminated from both the League Cup Semi Final and the 4th round of the FA Cup - Son also missed both games due to international duty.

Son has been involved in just 2 goals in his last 10 Premier League games.
In the same period, Kane has been involved in 3 goals and he's missed 4 through injury

However.

I wouldn't vote for Kane over Son for example. Even though based on the evidence, Son has been no better or no more important than Kane has been.

He's simply just proven he CAN be relied upon without Kane and excels when he's the main guy we rely on, even though he has been disappointing lately (Though I would put that down to tiredness).

-

I can understand those voting for Sissoko too though.

His improvement is undeniable. He's become within the first 5 names on the teamsheet every single week by most and especially the manager.

I think any of Sissoko, Son or Winks personally. Hard to put any defender on there because we've been shambolic defensively all season compared to previous years. I feel like Winks and Sissoko are one of the biggest reasons we are where we are. Played so many games through a busy period and helped us on a winning streak that's proven to be a big help in why we are 3rd right now.

Broken record but what a performance from him, continues to defy all logic. I would rest him on the weekend tbh and make sure he is ready for the Second leg cause he is our most important player at the moment - if he isn't available we're in trouble.

Mr Tottenham Hotspur

The fucking heartbeat

What the fuck is going on

To be fair to him, maybe the question is who was that player his first two years here.

He was perhaps the best player on the park in the Euro 2016 final, and while he only occasionally gave a shit at Newcastle, he was this sort of player on his day.

Poch got his attitude and mentality right from day 1, and now that his form is sorted out, he's an impact player.

Fearless, and knows exactly what he is, I love a player like that. Rose and Jan are the same, Walker was too.

To be fair to him, maybe the question is who was that player his first two years here.

He was perhaps the best player on the park in the Euro 2016 final, and while he only occasionally gave a shit at Newcastle, he was this sort of player on his day.

Poch got his attitude and mentality right from day 1, and now that his form is sorted out, he's an impact player.

Fearless, and knows exactly what he is, I love a player like that. Rose and Jan are the same, Walker was too.

Big problem was not many fans wanted him here. He must have felt the rejection

He used to do live Instagram and he'd get message upon message from Spurs fans saying he was shit and wanted him to leave.
Is anyone prepared to help fund and organise a fan funded giant tifo to surf around the South stand. Or failing that some decent flags to hang up the top tiers

He used to do live Instagram and he'd get message upon message from Spurs fans saying he was shit and wanted him to leave.

They ain't real fans mate. I'm sure when Sissoko hears 60,000 singing his name he knows they aren't rea Spurs hurling abuse at him.

Talking about him on a forum is fair enough, but to hide behind a computer screen and directly insult someone about something who does it better than you do is a poor, lonely and miserable existence. Well done Moussa, you have the heart of a lion son

They ain't real fans mate. I'm sure when Sissoko hears 60,000 singing his name he knows they aren't rea Spurs hurling abuse at him.

Talking about him on a forum is fair enough, but to hide behind a computer screen and directly insult someone about something who does it better than you do is a poor, lonely and miserable existence. Well done Moussa, you have the heart of a lion son
It was in the Stadium mate. Vile abuse shouted at him from our own fans from ALL 4 CORNERS. There was a hint of racism with some of it too.

It was in the Stadium mate. Vile abuse shouted at him from our own fans from ALL 4 CORNERS. There was a hint of racism with some of it too.

Tonight? If so that's insane. Unfortunately football has succumbed to the dross of social media and capitalism mate. The real fans pushed out by the day breakers and guttersnipe.

Incredible really, it's Ok to insult a footballer but you can't stand or have designated standing areas without getting slung out. Really disappointing

Back
Top Bottom