Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fantastic athelete but as a football player he's questionable
Yesterday when we trying to break down a team he did a lot of things wrong
- Didn't take the ball off the CB's well enough
- Passing wasn't progresive enough
- Messed up a couple of moves by a bad pass/touch
Unfortunately when we want to break teams down , he shouldn't start and for me he makes too many errors to be a starter going forward. He's done well but come on he isn't top quality

Another thing on Sissoko
I feel like his partnership with Aurier will actually be his downfall.
When he goes over to cover for his buddy Aurier , it leaves a MASSIVE gap in our midfield and hence on transition many teams can very easily play through us.

Another thing on Sissoko
When he goes over to cover for his buddy Aurier , it leaves a MASSIVE gap in our midfield and hence on transition many teams can very easily play through us.
It looked like he was dropping to cover when Sanchez took the ball out of defence as much as helping Aurier. Overall he was great yesterday.

Another thing on Sissoko

Buddy or not, he'll do whatever he's asked to do....

Fantastic athelete but as a football player he's questionable
Yesterday when we trying to break down a team he did a lot of things wrong
- Didn't take the ball off the CB's well enough
- Passing wasn't progresive enough
- Messed up a couple of moves by a bad pass/touch
Unfortunately when we want to break teams down , he shouldn't start and for me he makes too many errors to be a starter going forward. He's done well but come on he isn't top quality

It is true that he is poor offensively, in pretty much all categories of offensive abilities. However, dropping him for e. g. Winks against teams that we need to break down may leave us very vulnerable. His perhaps best feature is his ability to counter breakdowns and counter-attacks. As such, he is extremely important as security against fast breaks from deep-lying opponents.

Teams that sacrifice their defensive security to become just slightly better at breaking down defensive opponents may quickly find themselves becoming the joke that Woolwich has become over the years.

A centre midfield that is good defensively is a core aspect of most succesful teams. Our downfall has had a lot to do with our losing particularly Dembele, but also Dier and Wanyama to injuries over the past couple of seasons.

Right back is about 4th on the list of prioroties.

Behind DM, CB and ST

Having seen the down and the up side of Kane this last 2 games (rusty but hints of being fitter than he has in a long time thanks to a proper recoup); ST has crept right up my list.... I was a willing advocate of a false-9 back-up under Poch, but not so keen now.

RB: Would like to see us bring one in tho.... Especially if KWP is as good as binned now.

CB: If Dier/Dav clicks; I'm pretty cool with Tony & Japh as the 2nd string.

Did the donkey work well yesterday and also always tracked back and seemed to be in the right place to make a interception a few times.

He's never gonna be. A world beater and we need a more well rounded proper CDM in the Ndidi mould but I'm happy for him to stay as rotation and a backup simple as

He has always been a terrible passer but now seems to be bad at running with the ball as well. Way too many terrible giveaways in our own half because he ran himself into trouble rather than moving the ball as fast as possible.

Unfortunately we have way too many problem areas elsewhere so he likely stays on the team but hopefully when we bring in a proper DM he is moved to the bench full time.

He has always been a terrible passer but now seems to be bad at running with the ball as well. Way too many terrible giveaways in our own half because he ran himself into trouble rather than moving the ball as fast as possible.

Unfortunately we have way too many problem areas elsewhere so he likely stays on the team but hopefully when we bring in a proper DM he is moved to the bench full time.

He's not a DM... Again, he's proving to be a team player tho and proving useful in times of need.

He's not a DM... Again, he's proving to be a team player tho and proving useful in times of need.

I know he is not a DM which is why I want a proper DM to be brought in so he can go to the bench where he belongs.

I will never question his work ethic as he seems to give it his all out there but he is way too limited to be a starter on a team that supposedly has top 4 (and higher) aspirations.

I know he is not a DM which is why I want a proper DM to be brought in so he can go to the bench where he belongs.

I will never question his work ethic as he seems to give it his all out there but he is way too limited to be a starter on a team that supposedly has top 4 (and higher) aspirations.

I share that desire, but until the window opens you work with what you've got.... Even though he's been a regular starter over the last 18 months very few times has he actually played as a DM though so it's not like we're persisting with him in a position he's repeatedly failed in.

Let's face it we didn't spend 100m on CMs last summer for Sissoko to still be a starter, but the fact is he's been needed for one reason or another.

Ultimately I appreciate the depth he's provided.

Back
Top Bottom