Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For those of you questioning why he plays...

It really is such a shame that’s he so excruciatingly uncomfortable on and receiving the ball. Because if you could marry the traits as seen in the video above with a small bit of technical ability, we’d have one hell of a CDM.

Granted, it is a bit of a ‘if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle’ comparison, but still...

First half he was rather shaky on the ball but his interceptions were really good and he always covered his man in midfield. 2nd half was really, really good both offensively and defensively imo.

Probably shouldn't be our first choice CM but works great in a midfield 2 with a player like Lo Celso imo.

You'd replace a crazy full back for a limited central midfielder!?

Not permanently but Moussa could do the job for a while a lot better than Aurier

It’s a position José needs to address along with a few others imv

Not permanently but Moussa could do the job for a while a lot better than Aurier

It’s a position José needs to address along with a few others imv

Not sure he'd do a lot better than Aurier at all to be honest.

And it'd be a silly move to sell our starting right back, just to replace him with a limited central midfielder and failed winger.

We need a new right back - not a forced one.

Not sure he'd do a lot better than Aurier at all to be honest.

And it'd be a silly move to sell our starting right back, just to replace him with a limited central midfielder and failed winger.

We need a new right back - not a forced one.

Agreed but we need rid of Aurier asap

Sanchez isn’t the answer and I don’t think Dier is

Trippier better than Aurier imv

Agreed but we need rid of Aurier asap

Sanchez isn’t the answer and I don’t think Dier is

Trippier better than Aurier imv

Don't really get the Aurier hatred.

Frustrating player for sure, but he's committed, full blooded and for the most part a pretty good footballer. Comfortable receiving possession with either foot, gets up and down the pitch and very strong.

Don't really think Trippier is much better than him, if at all. Trippier also made errors defensively, just his were more positional if he wasn't scoring own goals whereas Aurier tends to give the ball away.

When is the last time Aurier cost us a goal in the league?

Man Utd - penalty conceded by Dier
Burnley - Lloris fumble
Wolves - Tanganga for the opener, no one really for the equaliser and probably Tanganga shouldn't dive in for their winner.
Chelsea - Alderweireld for the opener. No one for the second.
Aston Villa - Alderweireld own goal. Alderweireld for their equaliser.
Norwich - Sessegnon concedes penalty.
Liverpool - Tanganga poor for Firmino goal
Southampton - Probably Alderweireld again to be honest

Those are all the league games we've played this year. Not a single Aurier error has lead to an opposition goal. You can certainly see why Alderweireld has been dropped though. Who gets more hatred and thread bumps after every performance though? Alderweireld or Aurier?

I haven't seen a player get so much bile spat at them like Aurier gets since, funnily enough, Sissoko during his first two seasons here where he would literally have to perform 10/10 just to get some sort of praise and every little misplaced pass was scrutinised.

2 goals and 8 assists this season too. Probably the best return from any of our full backs in recent memory. Certainly more than Walker, Rose, Davies and Trippier have managed for us.

According to the official Premier League website he hasn't made a single error leading to a goal this season whereas 78 other footballers have, including a few Tottenham players.

Last edited:
Don't really get the Aurier hatred.

Frustrating player for sure, but he's committed, full blooded and for the most part a pretty good footballer. Comfortable receiving possession with either foot, gets up and down the pitch and very strong.

Don't really think Trippier is much better than him, if at all. Trippier also made errors defensively, just his were more positional if he wasn't scoring own goals whereas Aurier tends to give the ball away.

When is the last time Aurier cost us a goal in the league?

Man Utd - penalty conceded by Dier
Burnley - Lloris fumble
Wolves - Tanganga for the opener, no one really for the equaliser and probably Tanganga shouldn't dive in for their winner.
Chelsea - Alderweireld for the opener. No one for the second.
Aston Villa - Alderweireld own goal. Alderweireld for their equaliser.
Norwich - Sessegnon concedes penalty.
Liverpool - Tanganga poor for Firmino goal
Southampton - Probably Alderweireld again to be honest

Those are all the league games we've played this year. Not a single Aurier error has lead to an opposition goal. You can certainly see why Alderweireld has been dropped though. Who gets more hatred and thread bumps after every performance though? Alderweireld or Aurier?

I haven't seen a player get so much bile spat at them like Aurier gets since, funnily enough, Sissoko during his first two seasons here where he would literally have to perform 10/10 just to get some sort of praise and every little misplaced pass was scrutinised.

I don’t hate him at all and when he wears our shirt I will get behind him as I would any other player

I just don’t rate him at all and you can quote away with the Stats all you like you won’t change my mind

Some have said that he is no FB but a WB
Fair enough although he is incapable of crossing a ball but the further he is from our box the safer I feel

And you’re quite correct about the dogs abuse Sissoko’s received and still occasionally does

I don’t hate him at all and when he wears our shirt I will get behind him as I would any other player

I just don’t rate him at all and you can quote away with the Stats all you like you won’t change my mind

Some have said that he is no FB but a WB
Fair enough although he is incapable of crossing a ball but the further he is from our box the safer I feel

And you’re quite correct about the dogs abuse Sissoko’s received and still occasionally does

He's about as incapable of crossing a ball as Kieran Trippier is.

And he used to actually get praised for it, believe it or not.

He's about as incapable of crossing a ball as Kieran Trippier is.

And he used to actually get praised for it, believe it or not.

I wasn’t a Trippier fan either but he was better than Aurier
We can do better than either and we need to this Summer

I wasn’t a Trippier fan either but he was better than Aurier
We can do better than either and we need to this Summer

Fair enough - I think Trippier was worse but we'll have to agree to disagree.

Can both agree that we need an upgrade. Wouldn't particularly sell him though.

According to the official Premier League website he hasn't made a single error leading to a goal this season whereas 78 other footballers have, including a few Tottenham players.
That’s because he’s never close enough to our goal to make a error.

Serious note surely giving a pen away is a error and he did that v Liverpool

Fair enough - I think Trippier was worse but we'll have to agree to disagree.

Can both agree that we need an upgrade. Wouldn't particularly sell him though.

Yes it was Tripps positioning that used to annoy me
All over the place too often except where he should have been!!

Walker was similar but had the pace to get back!

I haven't broken down every goal like the poster above but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't indirectly involved in a lot of those goals because of how often he puts teammates in bad spots with his terrible giveaways, being so badly out of position and just falling down/getting beat.

On the non-penalty (correct call) against United it was Aurier just falling for no reason that created the chance. It didn't result in a goal but it was a very good chance. Earlier in the game him getting easily beat resulted in another great United chance.

I guess good for him that the team and Lloris can constantly cover for him to make these great chances he creates for the other team not result in goals but him constantly being out of position leaves such huge holes at the back that it makes life very difficult for the other defenders.

He also is a master at making 3 very good plays and then passing the ball right to the opposition for no reason. If tracked he must be by far the world leader in unforced/unnecessary errors.

He is an awful player and on a team with massive holes and no real DM or LB (sorry Davies the effort is there but the quality is Championship level at best) RB is likely our biggest hole because of how god awful Aurier is. We would be better to grab a random fan out of the stands, either from our fans or the opponents, and throw them in at RB than have Aurier play another minute for us.

That’s because he’s never close enough to our goal to make a error.

Serious note surely giving a pen away is a error and he did that v Liverpool

Think that would go down as a foul instead of an error leading to a goal. He's not on the list on the official Premier League website.

But yes, he conceded a penalty against Liverpool when Mane kicked the back of Auriers foot. I remember it well.

I haven't broken down every goal like the poster above but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't indirectly involved in a lot of those goals because of how often he puts teammates in bad spots with his terrible giveaways, being so badly out of position and just falling down/getting beat.

On the non-penalty (correct call) against United it was Aurier just falling for no reason that created the chance. It didn't result in a goal but it was a very good chance. Earlier in the game him getting easily beat resulted in another great United chance.

I guess good for him that the team and Lloris can constantly cover for him to make these great chances he creates for the other team not result in goals but him constantly being out of position leaves such huge holes at the back that it makes life very difficult for the other defenders.

He also is a master at making 3 very good plays and then passing the ball right to the opposition for no reason. If tracked he must be by far the world leader in unforced/unnecessary errors.

He is an awful player and on a team with massive holes and no real DM or LB (sorry Davies the effort is there but the quality is Championship level at best) RB is likely our biggest hole because of how god awful Aurier is. We would be better to grab a random fan out of the stands, either from our fans or the opponents, and throw them in at RB than have Aurier play another minute for us.

I watched all of the goals as I wrote it.

Most didn't even come from his side. It was usually others in the defence making a mess of it. Mostly Alderweireld.

Yes it was Tripps positioning that used to annoy me
All over the place too often except where he should have been!!

Walker was similar but had the pace to get back!

You know the key difference?

We won when Walker was here.

Fans love to criticise the players when we lose and go on a bad run. If we were winning and competing for the title. Aurier, Sissoko, Ndombele wouldn't be targets as easily as they are.

Fans love to criticise the players when we lose and go on a bad run. If we were winning and competing for the title. Aurier, Sissoko, Ndombele wouldn't be targets as easily as they are.

Yes and our fans are critical but paying the prices they do they have a right to I suppose

I think the criticism aimed at Ndombele is mainly because of his fitness which should be addressed by now although like the rest of them he will be rusty and that applies to all teams

No player is above criticism and the same for managers but when you have a record signing who is overweight there’s going to be a problem!

If we were winning and competing for a title those 3 wouldn't be targets because they wouldn't be playing. One of the reasons we are not winning or competing for titles is that bad players like Aurier and Sissoko are starting for us while City and Liverpool have nobody close to as poor as those two.

I watched all of the goals as I wrote it.

Most didn't even come from his side. It was usually others in the defence making a mess of it. Mostly Alderweireld.

Fair enough I do not have access to go watch and will take your word for it. I have seen countless chances come from Aurier mistakes so if they are not being converted it seems to be more likely luck for Aurier and good play from his teammates to cover for it rather than anything he is doing positively. There is no doubt he creates more chances for the opposition than any other Spur, currently or as far back as I can remember.

If we were winning and competing for a title those 3 wouldn't be targets because they wouldn't be playing. One of the reasons we are not winning or competing for titles is that bad players like Aurier and Sissoko are starting for us while City and Liverpool have nobody close to as poor as those two.

Especially when they’re virtually playing in the same position

Back
Top Bottom