Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Terrible yesterday, thought he was the worst on the pitch.

Hopefully gets it together against Woolwich, which he probably starts in!
I'd personally say you could pick any of the front 3 as worse performers. But he wasn't great yesterday but then I'd say apart from our full backs nobody was really any good.

I'd personally say you could pick any of the front 3 as worse performers. But he wasn't great yesterday but then I'd say apart from our full backs nobody was really any good.
Fair enough. I think I'm a bit frustrated because Sissoko is such a non-joy for me to watch.

I stuck up for him in the beginning of his tenure here, but I feel it's really time to try and upgrade so he can be phased out.
That's probably going to have to wait until next season.

Such a problem player. Sick of the sight of him tbh. Tired of him solving one problem and being the cause of another.

Why can't we have a midfielder who is decently fast/strong, does the defensive work but also has a bit of technical ability to help us not have to defend all the time. He's literally just a human battering ram used to shut down fast but not technical wingers like Werner, if Werner also didn't have shit for brains we'd have got fucked.

Even that donkey rodri can score from range from time to time, is a big threat on set pieces etc.

Him, Moura, Lamela, Sanchez, so many one dimensional, technically deficient players we just can't seem to shift.

Such a problem player. Sick of the sight of him tbh. Tired of him solving one problem and being the cause of another.

Why can't we have a midfielder who is decently fast/strong, does the defensive work but also has a bit of technical ability to help us not have to defend all the time. He's literally just a human battering ram used to shut down fast but not technical wingers like Werner, if Werner also didn't have shit for brains we'd have got fucked.

Even that donkey rodri can score from range from time to time, is a big threat on set pieces etc.

Him, Moura, Lamela, Sanchez, so many one dimensional, technically deficient players we just can't seem to shift.
Could go in for a Paul Pogba type who costs £90,000,000 and spends more time playing Fifa than actual football.

Finding an upgrade on the Mouse isn't going to be that easy because he's kind of unique.
Until such time as that happens. expect Sissoko to start every match that matters now.

Could go in for a Paul Pogba type who costs £90,000,000 and spends more time playing Fifa than actual football.

Finding an upgrade on the Mouse isn't going to be that easy because he's kind of unique.
Until such time as that happens. expect Sissoko to start every match that matters now.
He's on his 5th season with us. I think that's enough time to find a suitable replacement. His pace gets us out of trouble his lack of technical ability gets us into them. There's plenty of talent out there for a more reasonable price that could be an upgrade on him.

In that time Chelsea bought Kante for 32m, Leicester bought Ndidi for even less, Liverpool bought Fabinho for about 40m. If Sissoko could play a couple of short passes to beat a press or launch a good long ball, or be useful in set pieces, or score a tiny handful of goals we wouldn't need his unique skills.

We were better with the slower duo of Dembele/Dier, Dembele/Wanyama.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's on his 5th season with us. I think that's enough time to find a suitable replacement. His pace gets us out of trouble his lack of technical ability gets us into them. There's plenty of talent out there for a more reasonable price that could be an upgrade on him.

In that time Chelsea bought Kante for 32m, Leicester bought Ndidi for even less, Liverpool bought Fabinho for about 40m. If Sissoko could play a couple of short passes to beat a press or launch a good long ball, or be useful in set pieces, or score a tiny handful of goals, or we wouldn't need his unique skills.

We were better with the slower duo of Dembele/Dier, Dembele/Wanyama.

Those combos were years ago and in a different set up with a much stronger defence behind them. When we had those players playing we were pushed up to the halfway line most of the time. We're dropping deeper now so need some one who is more able to get up the pitch and back again. None of those players could do that for 90 minutes game after game.

Pretty sure we showed an interest in Kante. He may have only cost £30m but I bet he's well paid to the point we couldn't match it.
Same for Fabinho, who I seem to hear Liverpool fans moaning about just as much?
I confess, I know very little about Ndidi.

I can't see us finding a replcement to fill his role, like for like, for less than a huge fee. There's just not many players out there that are that big and strong, that quick and that reliable injury wise.

Those combos were years ago and in a different set up with a much stronger defence behind them. When we had those players playing we were pushed up to the halfway line most of the time. We're dropping deeper now so need some one who is more able to get up the pitch and back again. None of those players could do that for 90 minutes game after game.

Pretty sure we showed an interest in Kante. He may have only cost £30m but I bet he's well paid to the point we couldn't match it.
Same for Fabinho, who I seem to hear Liverpool fans moaning about just as much?
I confess, I know very little about Ndidi.

I can't see us finding a replcement to fill his role, like for like, for less than a huge fee. There's just not many players out there that are that big and strong, that quick and that reliable injury wise.
We don't need to find like for like, he's really not some special snowflake.

I mentioned this in another thread but I think Anguissa could be his successor. As for getting up the pitch, he's not doing that much these days is he? He's the auxiliary RB whose sole purpoes is to physically dominate the likes of Werner, Aubameyang etc.

We can sacrifice his contribution for the vast improvements in other areas from a technically competent player.

We don't need to find like for like, he's really not some special snowflake.

I mentioned this in another thread but I think Anguissa could be his successor. As for getting up the pitch, he's not doing that much these days is he? He's the auxiliary RB whose sole purpoes is to physically dominate the likes of Werner, Aubameyang etc.

We can sacrifice his contribution for the vast improvements in other areas from a technically competent player.
I saw Sissoko in the Chelsea box more times yesterday than I saw Kante in ours.

It's not that Sissoko is special, it's that we're playing a certain way that requires some one with his physical attributes to fill in the gaps our shakey defence leaves.

Having a better back 4 might mean we don't need anyone at all and could drop him and play someone a little more gifted.
Maybe that means we don't need to replace him at all and just make his role in the team redundant.

But until we do, he's gonna be on the team sheet every week so just get used to it.

I saw Sissoko in the Chelsea box more times yesterday than I saw Kante in ours.
I must have missed it, when was he in their box? The only notable moment I remember is him kicking air in their half after a corner clearance came flying at him, which Aurier hit quite well.

As to the general point, They had Abraham, Werner, Mount, Giroud, Ziyech in our box several times, they didn't need him there. Conversely, as Kane, Son and Bergwijn were providing so much defensive cover, they didn't get into the Chelsea box much. So we did need someone else to pick up the slack in that regard, never really happened, certainly not through Sissoko.

I must have missed it, when was he in their box? The only notable moment I remember is him kicking air in their half after a corner clearance came flying at him, which Aurier hit quite well.

As to the general point, They had Abraham, Werner, Mount, Giroud, Ziyech in our box several times, they didn't need him there. Conversely, as Kane, Son and Bergwijn were providing so much defensive cover, they didn't get into the Chelsea box much. So we did need someone else to pick up the slack in that regard, never really happened, certainly not through Sissoko.
Doesn't change the fact we don't have anyone in our squad that can fill that role and, as things stand, that role needs to be filled.
No one proclaiming Sissoko is world class. Just that as things stand, he's as likely to be in the starting 11 as Lloris, Kane and Son at the moment.

Another rave review on MOTD. Getting harder and harder for the haters on here.

That air shot though, please please please someone make it into a gif.

Another start, another 90 mins, another clean sheet, still top of the league. Get this fucking donkey out of my club.

:vdvshh:

Another start, another 90 mins, another clean sheet, still top of the league. Get this fucking donkey out of my club.

Its not getting harder for them though is it? He is still getting criticised regularly and its just boring now.

Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky

Because anyone that can do that will play for a better club than us.

Until we are Real Madrid we have to accept that our players are not complete

Back
Top Bottom