Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tanguay had a chance in the first half and Gio had one right at the death

Burnley can aspire all they want but I very much doubt that they could have successfully parked the bus for 90 mins like we did and we still managed two good chances

I still dispute Sonny’s goals against Citeh were lucky
Exactly.

Yesterday we clearly frustrated everybody - you can tell by the way people reacted to the result. Not only Chelsea supporters or some illuminated media pundits, but Frank Lampard himself was blaming Jose and Spurs for the 0-0. The way we defended "centrally", etc. Like he had no choice.

What´s the point of this argument, exactly? Tottenham parked the bus, so there was nothing Chelsea could do for a different result? At home, after spending 350m in the summer? So, from now on, if teams don´t want to lose a match against Chelsea, all they need to do is park the bus?

P.S: Bergwijn´s shoot in the first half was also a clear chance - and it came from an almost perfect counter-attacking move.

Exactly.

Yesterday we clearly frustrated everybody - you can tell by the way people reacted to the result. Not only Chelsea supporters or some illuminated media pundits, but Frank Lampard himself was blaming Jose and Spurs for the 0-0. The way we defended "centrally", etc. Like he had no choice.

What´s the point of this argument, exactly? Tottenham parked the bus, so there was nothing Chelsea could do for a different result? At home, after spending 350m in the summer? So, from now on, if teams don´t want to lose a match against Chelsea, all they need to do is park the bus?

P.S: Bergwijn´s shoot in the first half was also a clear chance - and it came from an almost perfect counter-attacking move.
What’s worse is some of our own fans even on here aren’t happy either ffs

EnRbAHBUwAE460z

Everybody needs some o' dat rainbow in their lives. 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

Lo Celso not squaring it to a wide open Kane is absolutely shocking. Especially since Kane set up Lo Celso wonderfully for his first Prem goal vs City. I'd really like to understand his logic behind the decision or was personal glory the over-whelming logic ?

Another poster called it a brain fart
I bet Harry was fuming !!

Go and have a look at Moura's face after GLC spooned it.

He has had a fair few really good games, he especially thrives against teams like Dortmund and Ajax who attack with careless abandon. He can just drive right through the little dutch twinks in midfield.

But I still won't accept that he is some rare gem of a player that we shouldn't look to replace, in any case, he's 31, and we don't want a Wanyama/Dembele situation where it takes us nearly 3 years to find a replacement.

I don't believe any one replying here is making this statement. Everyone is saying he is the one in our squad that can do the job so he's not getting dropped.
The reason he hasn't been upgraded yet is that there were numerous places in the squad in more need of attention than his.
Jose will eventually be knocking on Daniels door with a proposal to bring in a younger better player. But as things stand, we do not have anyone else in our entire squad that does what he does.
You're making out as if everyone is claiming he should be getting a ballon d'or.

Very effective defensive partnership with Aurier on the right hand side which is proving to be rock solid against everyone.

He’s one of the reasons why Aurier has been so good this season, like PEH he is making players around him better.

I have been critical of him but there's no doubt he's been a huge part of our defensive solidity as of late. He'll always be a limited player going forward but he plays a critical role for us. He's got to be an absolute nightmare to play against as well.

Not saying he can't be improved upon, but he's playing about as well as we could have asked.

I have been critical of him but there's no doubt he's been a huge part of our defensive solidity as of late. He'll always be a limited player going forward but he plays a critical role for us. He's got to be an absolute nightmare to play against as well.

Not saying he can't be improved upon, but he's playing about as well as we could have asked.
It helps to accept Sissoko if you see that you can’t just have attacking players on the field.

He defends very well, the odd brain fart aside.

Just immense today. What an effort. He and PEH are great together.

Very effective defensive partnership with Aurier on the right hand side which is proving to be rock solid against everyone.

He’s one of the reasons why Aurier has been so good this season, like PEH he is making players around him better.

What a monster, him and Hojbjerg are a beautiful team.

I did say this last month when Sissoko was still getting shite from some;

I'm probably the only one who thinks that Sissoko and PEH compliment each other.

Sissoko sits deeper and allows PEH to go on his occasional runs and do his more adventurous things, knowing that Sissoko is always in position and has the athletic ability to cover the ground behind him.
Of course, having 2 PEHs would be great but with our squad at the moment they fit well together.
:pochsmirk:

Would be magnanimous of bus-conductor bus-conductor to make an appearance in this thread tonight.
Moussa was not faultless but was as useful to the team as pretty much any other player today.

I really don't understand your need to exaggerate Sissoko's every breath or need to get my validation for something you think?

I'm sorry but he does not impress me, even now, he's doing a really really basic functional remit in a really unambitious but effective tactical approach. I really don't think he's got or needs any above average ability, physical, technical or otherwise to carry out his remit in the last three games of almost total bus park, and I would still much rather have a physical body shuffling about doing what he's doing that could not make the ball look like a live hand grenade whenever it accidentally finds it's way to wherever he's hiding from it, and I believe it would be piss easy to find a player who could do what he's doing and play some football.

Let's not repeat the previous pages of back and forth bollocks, nothing I say will convince you Sissoko isn't great, and nothing you say will convince me he is. And nor does the fact that we have ground out the results we have recently with him doing what he's doing.

So let's just agree to disagree on this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom