Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Scared of the ball and afraid to jump.

I respect what he offers in certain matches against better teams but we need to find a way to take him out of the team.
He offers fuck all he is fucking shocking.
He did not even Know Vardy was behind him despite tracking him for 40 yards or more.
The man is way out of his depth at this level.
Anyone who thinks he is a valued member of the team should hang their heads in shame

I have been critical of him but there's no doubt he's been a huge part of our defensive solidity as of late. He'll always be a limited player going forward but he plays a critical role for us. He's got to be an absolute nightmare to play against as well.

Not saying he can't be improved upon, but he's playing about as well as we could have asked.
Made this post a couple weeks ago and while I stand by it, my post should not have been taken as an endorsement in starting him in every match. I still think he's a useful squad player and he should start in matches like City, Liverpool, etc. where we will be sitting really deep.

However, he shouldn't play in matches where we are trying to build up play.

Wow it's like trying too eat a toffee watching him. It's like he's permanently stuck in treacle when he runs
Tanganga's explosive.

Offers more defensive support.

Can cover the RB far better when they rove up field.

Can drop in if a CB feels like surging up.

Can slip into a 3 and let both Fullbacks drive up at times.

Would allow for Hojbjerg to advance more and we can get more out of him in attacks.

Can head better (Sissy is just awful in the air for such a big guy).

Tanganga would likely be a considerable net plus over sissoko in that position.

Gives us more more flexibility and scope.

Made this post a couple weeks ago and while I stand by it, my post should not have been taken as an endorsement in starting him in every match. I still think he's a useful squad player and he should start in matches like City, Liverpool, etc. where we will be sitting really deep.

However, he shouldn't play in matches where we are trying to build up play.

I wish I could see this defensive solidity that others claim he brings, too often I see him letting guys like Vardy get inside him and score, him not jumping in the West Ham game, him giving cheap fouls away in our half, Eze and Zaha having free reign to run around and create chances. He really doesn't seem to add any solidity to our defense at all.

And as always why are we some special flower that needs a plug like Sissoko that can't play a ball to save his life in our side when we already have PEH filling the DM role? How come no other teams have to limit themselves so much with a player that can't play the ball when they already have a quality defensive player in their midfield?

i think the Sissoko helps us defensively narrative is largely made up because there is no way his apologists can try to argue he is there to help us with the ball.

I wish I could see this defensive solidity that others claim he brings, too often I see him letting guys like Vardy get inside him and score, him not jumping in the West Ham game, him giving cheap fouls away in our half, Eze and Zaha having free reign to run around and create chances. He really doesn't seem to add any solidity to our defense at all.

And as always why are we some special flower that needs a plug like Sissoko that can't play a ball to save his life in our side when we already have PEH filling the DM role? How come no other teams have to limit themselves so much with a player that can't play the ball when they already have a quality defensive player in their midfield?

i think the Sissoko helps us defensively narrative is largely made up because there is no way his apologists can try to argue he is there to help us with the ball.

Ding dong, reality calling.

Tanganga's explosive.

Offers more defensive support.

Can cover the RB far better when they rove up field.

Can drop in if a CB feels like surging up.

Can slip into a 3 and let both Fullbacks drive up at times.

Would allow for Hojbjerg to advance more and we can get more out of him in attacks.

Can head better (Sissy is just awful in the air for such a big guy).

Tanganga would likely be a considerable net plus over sissoko in that position.

Gives us more more flexibility and scope.
I'm saying it a more flexible coach with less inherent mistrust of youth would have spotted this.

Hope we can get rid of this non footballer soon. He's strong, pretty fast but that can only save him that much. He shouldn't even have to be considered in a team with ambitions.

Sissoko... ok at defending most of the time
6 foot 2 and can’t jump, useless at heading
Can’t see a forward pass
Can’t dribble past an opponent
Can’t move around in midfield to receive the ball from the defenders
Gives away ridiculous fouls

And I still blame him for giving away a penalty in the first minute in the UCL final

I'm saying it a more flexible coach with less inherent mistrust of youth would have spotted this.
Jose is actually flexible in personnel, much more than he is irt tactics.

He's not shy in moving players around.

Look at how he used Young.

So, still plenty of time for him to take a look.

Especially as we likely won't bring in a dedicated DM this window.

Total agreement. As I have said in another post why doesn’t he get pulled up for it. JM is quick to castigate ndombele like the other week in his pre match interview saying the player decided he wasn’t fit. No need for him to say that! In any other business JM would get done for harassment and picking on someone. Until I see sissoko receive the ball and turn between two players there is no way he should be ahead of ndombele in the team. In fact ndombele and gio make more tackles than this lump who can’t actually tackle and gives away so many free kicks in our half. Check spammers first goal the free kick he gave away he just pushes the guy in the back on the touch line. Yet he escapes any criticism fromJM. How does that work?

I recall Jose's face in that Amazon documentary when he was told Sissoko was very important in the dressing room. He looked like he'd been told someone died.

Now he's one of the first names on the sheet. It's a strange world football.

If ever there was an excuse to now 'drop' Sissoko, it's surely this week?

I can almost sort of understand why we have stuck with Sissoko this season, as he's followed his remit well and was starting for a team top of the league and doing what was asked of him by Mourinho to the best of his abilities.

But 1 point from our last 9 available....

Back
Top Bottom