Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would say there is zero need to have someone playing the role that Sissoko does, so the simple solution would be to not have the role and the need for a defensive MF when we already have PEH in MF.

But if we are desperate to have that role be defensive then GLC is a better defensive player, I haven't seen enough of White but he can't be any worse. Could also play guys out of position and get the same defensive result with a better attacking ability.
GLC better defensively than Sissoko? So you think you are a better judge of the defensive abilities of the players than Mourinho?

GLC better defensively than Sissoko? So you think you are a better judge of the defensive abilities of the players than Mourinho?

I think I don't have some of the bias' that Jose has. I also am not scared of my team scoring or making quality passes like Jose does.

But again if we are not allowed to question the manager and his decisions then this place becomes fairly quiet. Sports media becomes fairly quiet as well.

I am not sure that Jose, especially during his time with Tottenham, has shown that he bats 100% in every decision so yes it is fair for fans to question him.

I think I don't have some of the bias' that Jose has. I also am not scared of my team scoring or making quality passes like Jose does.

But again if we are not allowed to question the manager and his decisions then this place becomes fairly quiet. Sports media becomes fairly quiet as well.

I am not sure that Jose, especially during his time with Tottenham, has shown that he bats 100% in every decision so yes it is fair for fans to question him.
K.

How about Deschamp's decisions and biases? In 2019 and 2020, France had 16 competitive fixtures (10 Euro qualifiers + 6 Nations League group matches).

In those 16 matches, Sissoko started and played 90 in 7, was subbed on in 2, made the bench but did not play in 5 and wasn't called up for 2.

Sissoko started or played in 9 out of the 16 competitive fixtures over the past 2 years for the defending world champion.

K.

How about Deschamp's decisions and biases? In 2019 and 2020, France had 16 competitive fixtures (10 Euro qualifiers + 6 Nations League group matches).

In those 16 matches, Sissoko started and played 90 in 7, was subbed on in 2, made the bench but did not play in 5 and wasn't called up for 2.

Sissoko started or played in 9 out of the 16 competitive fixtures over the past 2 years for the defending world champion.

I think it is pretty clear that Deschamps decisions definitely needed questioning especially when you see Sissoko picked over players like Ndombele and Aouar.

Also interesting to note when Sissoko was left off the team they won a little tournament called the World Cup.

I will ask for millionth time and get no answer again what other top team plays with a player so limited as Sissoko? And why are they all able to play without him while we are stuck playing him? What makes us so special?

what bias does Mourinho have that would affect his judgement of the defensive abilities of Sissoko vs GLC?

You are allowed to question the manager, just as anyone is also allowed to call you out if you are spewing BS ( and saying GLC is a better defensive player than Sissoko is outright nonsense imo) .

No one bats 100% on every decision, but given Mourinho's track record, unless you are a great defensive coach like capello, I will trust the judgement of Mourinho on the defensive abilities of the players under his management.

I think it is pretty clear that Deschamps decisions definitely needed questioning especially when you see Sissoko picked over players like Ndombele and Aouar.
Totally.
Euro '16: runners-up
WC '18: winners
Euro '20 qualifying: won group
Nations League 20/21: finalists (w/ Italy, Belgium and Spain)
Also interesting to note when Sissoko was left off the team they won a little tournament called the World Cup.
Lol.
Sissoko just missed out on the 23-man roster (he made the standby list.)
France's 2018 WC MF:
Pogba (ManUtd), Kanté (Chelsea), Matuidi (Juventus), Nzonzi (Sevilla), Tolisso (Bayern Munich)

He was a mainstay in France's Euro 16 squad that lost in extra time in the final to Portugal.
I will ask for millionth time and get no answer again what other top team plays with a player so limited as Sissoko? And why are they all able to play without him while we are stuck playing him? What makes us so special?
Define limited.
Sissoko is 6'2", all muscle, has top level pace, top level endurance, a calm temperament, has 65 caps for one of the best national teams of the past decade, he's a leader who is well respected amongst his teammates, he's never unavailable -- has only missed 25 matches due to injury in 8 seasons in the Premier League (for example, Lo Celso has already missed 20 in 1.5 seasons), can play multiple positions...

Totally.
Euro '16: runners-up
WC '18: winners
Euro '20 qualifying: won group
Nations League 20/21: finalists (w/ Italy, Belgium and Spain)

Lol.
Sissoko just missed out on the 23-man roster (he made the standby list.)
France's 2018 WC MF:
Pogba (ManUtd), Kanté (Chelsea), Matuidi (Juventus), Nzonzi (Sevilla), Tolisso (Bayern Munich)

He was a mainstay in France's Euro 16 squad that lost in extra time in the final to Portugal.

Define limited.
Sissoko is 6'2", all muscle, has top level pace, top level endurance, a calm temperament, has 65 caps for one of the best national teams of the past decade, he's a leader who is well respected amongst his teammates, he's never unavailable -- has only missed 25 matches due to injury in 8 seasons in the Premier League (for example, Lo Celso has already missed 20 in 1.5 seasons), can play multiple positions...

I agree with the talent that France has that is very underwhelming performance under Deschsmps.

As for limited I mean a player who cannot make a simple pass, is scared of the ball and offers nothing.

I agree with the talent that France has that is very underwhelming performance under Deschsmps.
?
As for limited I mean a player who cannot make a simple pass, is scared of the ball and offers nothing.
zXWeW2T.png

6th most passes for Spurs this season.

Last edited:
Why are you fucks defending that donkey again? Just shut the fuck up! Jesus Christ. Can't wait till the day the cunt is out of this club.

What a nightmare his presence has been.

We have only finished about Arse since Sissoko has been here, he has his games and times he can shine
Yes, around the same time we got Toby, Son, Kane, Dele, etc.

Until Wanyama, Dier, and Dembele were gone from midfield Sissoko rarely saw the pitch. Yes, he has the ocassional good game, but it's far from good enough.

Yes, around the same time we got Toby, Son, Kane, Dele, etc.

Until Wanyama, Dier, and Dembele were gone from midfield Sissoko rarely saw the pitch. Yes, he has the ocassional good game, but it's far from good enough.
We had all of them and still finished below Ass but that was just tongue in cheek.

Yeah he isn't good enough to start but he has his purpose in the squad and thats why Jose will use him weather fans like it not not.

Back
Top Bottom