Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perspective time. A guy is out in minus 5, in the snow. He’s not hiding. He’s putting in a shift, trying everything he can and the team wins 6-1.

Yet rather than credit the guy, yet more abuse is thrown his way. More “he can’t” nonsense rather than “he can”.

I’d credit the player involved. Say “Well done” and “thanks for turning out” rather than cheap gag him sorting his feet out.

As for watching the TV and deciding he is not good enough. Fuck right off. We were at Wembley last night and the guy deserved to be wearing our shirt.

I think he could obviously benefit from more regular football, but not sure if he'll veer have the consistency or ability to hold down a regular starting spot. He's probably offered more than Wanyama this season (not hard).
A 20mill move to france or italy for him would be ideal. If he goes or stays he's got my support because he has worked hard to overcome the huge wave of criticism he received in his first few months. Also this:
riqfluo8msnz.jpg

I saw Sissoko play CM in a 4231 away at Everton last season. We won 3-0. He was really good that day and I thought then I never want to see him out wide ever again, unless for a few minutes at the end of the game to help close it out. No coincidence at all that this run of good performances over the last few weeks have been in the middle. It's where he is most comfortable and where all his good attributes are most suited.

What's most pleasing however and was really noticeable yesterday is his confidence is growing game by game. He is looking more comfortable on the ball and when he travels with it and is really fitting into the role well with Dembele missing. Long may it continue.

I actually thought he was pretty meh yesterday. Overhit almost every pass and then there was the lung busting run only to play it behind the advancing striker (think it was son) Also the fancy attempt to play out of trouble which ended up with him bundling it out of play for a corner and ending up on his arse.
Massively improved for sure but personally I saw a few glimmers of the old Sissoko in there yesterday.

What game were you watching mate?
Sissoko was one of the MoM candidates.
This one issue you are mentioning was absolutely well executed. Both, Son and Kane were behind their markers, neither of them could have reached the ball, Sissoko saw it and went for 2nd wave pass, hoping for Alli / Eriksen run. Just 2nd wave was not there.

Guy is a machine.
This was his 8th (!) start in a row.
He has played 7 of them from whistle to whistle, and in one he was subbed off at 83rd minute.
And all this in 25 days meaning, if we take away matchdays themselves, there were 17 days for rest. So 25 days with 2 days between each on average.
That is some serious workload.

Hojbjerg's job was also to protect the back 4, which he did with much better aplomb (ie not allowing his guy to score) but he also managed to pressure the opponent three times more than Sissoko (which helped prevent the ball getting as far as the back 4 sometimes), win the ball in tackles 6 times more than Sissoko, receive it and pass it twice as much as Sissoko, to relieve some of the constant pressure and help try to counter - which was also vital part of the plan - you know, if we were to actually win it - and which we barely did because Sissoko didn't do any of those things, as it happens we got very lucky with scoring with our only two shots on target, both of which benefitted from keeper errors, that also went through his legs.

It really shouldn't need the metrics to confirm what was really easy to see to anyone who isn't just an agenda driven fanboy. I'm not even big fan of Hojbjerg, but you had a direct comparison playing a mirror role adjacent to Sissoko on Saturday, doing it much, much better.

We could have had Tanganga out there doing what Sissoko did Saturday. Shuffle around a 5m square of pitch, between and around Toby and Aurier, pressing no one, tackling no one, barley receiving the ball, barely passing it.

And if it wasn't for VAR existing, he'd have cost us a goal and all of this fanboy result punditry about wonderful performances would have pissed itself away as well.

Ridiculously simplistic and in many ways very wrong ...

Hojbjerg's role is the aggressive midfield defender, far from just "protect the back 4" it's all about breaking up the oppositions play by getting in their faces with tackles and interceptions, the amount of times he runs forward/wide to attack a threat, and in fact risks leaving the back four exposed should he fail (as he did three times early doors against City) is the very antitheses of Sissoko who stays very much in his lane.

Sissoko's main role now is supporting our right side either doubling up on the opposing fullback or covering as our fullback goes forward ... nothing like the Hojbjerg role, and a role that right now only Sissoko in our squad is experienced in playing.

The fact you can't see that when Poch, Deschamps and Mourinho clearly all can says more about your football acumen that it does about Sissoko.

Sissoko may not be a 'worldy' but he does an excellent job when used correctly.

Your "if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle" negative punditry every week has gone from mildly amusing to just plain irritating ... we get it you hate Sissoko, why not just post that every week and have done with it?

The more game time he got the more shit we got.
There is an obvious correlation that his apologists have always tried to ignore

Disaster of a footballer

He'd of been laughed out of the door at Chelsea or Liverpool or City

Yet with us he is still getting game time after 5 years of shite

I can't think of a more damning example of everything that's been wrong with this club in recent years

I’m literally sick and tired of this club taking passengers like this useless prick. Big clubs would of shot of this idiot years ago, yet our pathetic club big him up on social media celebrating his 200 apps for the club with the caption “ooooo Moussa Sissoko”, the social media team at Spurs are a complete embarrassment. That’s where Spurs are as a club, where we feel the need to celebrate such a piss poor player making 200 appearances for us. No wonder why we win fuck all. This guy has cost us in 2 finals now.

Sissoko in the headline on BBC for our game. Controversial, apparently. What a nonsense. Was it a foul, yes. Was it a bad foul, yes. Was it a red? You see them given, but it would have been very harsh indeed. There was no injury, no intent, no force behind it. People do worse each and every week in the league without any punishment at all. He got a yellow. That ought to be the end of it.
Poor timing for sure, but it's one-footed, not on the knee, and he's pulling out of the tackle right before he hits the guy. A yellow definitely seems fine.

Gotta love the media choosing Sissoko as the talking point as opposed to...

b53ba82d19df42d2bb7d0fb71e90cfdd

Back
Top Bottom