Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well you can stop worrying. We signed him.:pochrolleyes:
8jBExrz7Axgha.gif

:paulinhobored:

Did well in his job when he came on but you can tell his confidence is shot.

Hopefully he gets it back. As we saw today, anyone can be called on at any moment and they need to be ready to contribute.

...not trying to be a Football Hipster, but I honestly thought he did well tonight.
Did the job that was asked of him... and as for the Eriksen/Sissoko Classic Time-wasting Corner routine for 3 of the final 7 minutes of injury time, well that was just sublime!!

Credit where credit is due... he probably didn't expect to get 45 minutes tonight...
he probably didn't expect to get 45 minutes again this season... but the "Yiddo, Yiddo" chants in his general direction at the end told you the Spurs fans knew they were seeing an improvement...
...maybe not quite accepted yet.... and maybe still off at the end of the season, but he put in a shift 2nd half tonight!

...not trying to be a Football Hipster, but I honestly thought he did well tonight.
Did the job that was asked of him... and as for the Eriksen/Sissoko Classic Time-wasting Corner routine for 3 of the final 7 minutes of injury time, well that was just sublime!!

Credit where credit is due... he probably didn't expect to get 45 minutes tonight...
he probably didn't expect to get 45 minutes again this season... but the "Yiddo, Yiddo" chants in his general direction at the end told you the Spurs fans knew they were seeing an improvement...
...maybe not quite accepted yet.... and maybe still off at the end of the season, but he put in a shift 2nd half tonight!

If he can do that when ever called upon would be a valuable addition to the squad......

This is what he does when he comes on. He is strong, boring but effective. He carries the ball well and takes us up the pitch, most want to see/expecting him to carry a run on and smash it in on goal, but he will cut inside, wait for a player to catch up then pass it square. It's dull, not exciting but means we keep the ball and remain in oppo final third. We don't have those nervous 10 mins sitting deep when he is on.

Did well tonight.

Be lying if I didn't say I was looking forward to potentially seeing the real fee coming out following the Newcastle raid
:gallashmm:

as said credit where its due, he's had lots of attacks, but last night he did his job
reduced the amount of times Zaha got on the ball, and time wasted well at the end
something that Walker could learn from as in last minute walker broke down wing then put cross in, which goalie got and started there attack, he should have run to corner flag and run the clock down

Ive backed him solidly but its waned the last few times he´s played.

He started anonymously but became a monster. Still hope, and would love to see him in the middle when Dembele and Vic lose their heads again

Last edited:
Credit where it's due.

Don't think I saw Zaha cause any problems in the second half. Sissoko really done his job.

Absolutely right.

I think we are all very much on the same page that in this squad of players Sissoko is unfortunately not a right fit BUT yesterday he did a real job on Zaha.

The thing about Sissoko is that as a disruptive, poweful runner he can be both effective and hard to play against. Yesterday he all but nullified a confident and tricky Zaha.

In doing that he helped us massively but should also have given Pochettino some food for thought if Zaha remains a summer target.

I like the player and think he can add something to our squad but I also think he has a fair bit to learn.

We saw last night what his actual attributes are, particularly at 0-1 - playing on the break and holding the ball up.

Unfortunately in c. 8/10 games we play we need players who are more comfortable passing and taking the game to the opposition.

We saw last night what his actual attributes are, particularly at 0-1 - playing on the break and holding the ball up.

Unfortunately in c. 8/10 games we play we need players who are more comfortable passing and taking the game to the opposition.
Agree, but as a sub he is good to have on the bench. I couldn't give a fuck if we sold him to be honest but as we look to strengthen our squad and with 13 players who are all first team material, with 2 or 3 behind with potential to be (like Winks) it is our bench that we are looking too make stronger.

For me he is not a starter, nor is he really pushing for a place in the side and for this reason alone is why I couldn't care if he went. As those behind the starting eleven should be pushing hard to break into the team but when you can call upon a French international off the bench to see out a game, for me this is what a strong bench is. I know i've almost contradicted myself here but it's a bit like Utd bringing on Fellaini. A player that gets a lot of stick but he does a job for Utd. Sissoko is our Fellaini.

Late to the party, but he actually looked pretty good last night. There were a few times where I would have liked to see him do more, but I don't remember off the top of my head any time last night where he looked incompetent... and he wasn't making dumb challenges like Dembele and Wanyama. I just knew Dembele was getting sent off the 2nd time he threw Zaha to the ground.

It did seem to me though that at times the rest of the squad was going out of their way to not give him the ball in open space. I think it was Erisken at one point looked at Sissoko in acres of space to the right and promptly turned back to the middle of the defence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom