Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs to practice shooting after training until he gets it right. That may take a very long time but any improvement would help.

It's odd... My only real memories of him at Newcastle was the occasional thunder-bastard from outside the box; a view I saught solace in when we first announced his signing.

Absolutely no danger of that happening since he's been here tho'. :llorishuh:

I wonder why at 22 he didn’t think. You know what my tekkers when striking a ball is basically abysmal

And spend a few years with a decent coach in that area ironing out the flaws

Because it really is that bad

Last edited:
He needs to practice shooting after training until he gets it right. That may take a very long time but any improvement would help.

At his age he is never going to change, it’s not a question of technique. It’s psychological, he simply cannot relax in front of goal. He’s good at setting up attacks by galloping into space but he cannot handle the responsibility of finishing moves off.

I’m sure in training he can score easily but when the points are at stake and there are 60000 clenched bungholes in the stadium, it’s not so easy.

I gave up after THAT miss at Anfield.
Haunts me still

I was neck deep in scousers in a bar in Alicante and at first the mood was good

They were winning lol

Then I noticed I’d become the cockney wanker and mummerings of how everyone from London was a cunt

I stood firm and I was desperate. Literally aching for us to win

We were all over them

Then Sissoko... sissokoed

Just how did he fuck that

Then of course loris chucked one into his net and they were unbearable

https://talksport.com/football/5883...Woolwich-legend-cried-champions-league-final/

Must have hurt the guy badly at the time but hopefully he's put it behind him now.

I wonder why at 22 he didn’t think. You know what my tekkers when striking a ball is basically abysmal

And spend a few years with a decent coach in that area ironing out the flaws

Because it really is that bad
Give the guy a fucking break.

He spent all those years perfecting how to control the ball whilst running, how to receive a pass so the ball remains within ten feet of him when he traps it, how to not hit a passing motorist with crosses and how to move into space to receive the ball.

Oh wait.......

Give the guy a fucking break.

He spent all those years perfecting how to control the ball whilst running, how to receive a pass so the ball remains within ten feet of him when he traps it, how to not hit a passing motorist with crosses and how to move into space to receive the ball.

Oh wait.......
I once played with this guy, defender he was, renowned for this very unique and tough to describe manner of tackling . But the end result was that the ball would ricochet between his shins and the shins of the attacker .

I could never fathom how his tackles always ended up like this but more-so how after shin-ball pinball he would always come away with the ball

And this unique technique that Sissoko has is utterly flawed. He never at any point looks to be in control of the ball and by rights he should have no business being a professional footballer at the highest level when nothing he does is conventional and proven .

But he somehow makes it work for him . He is a good player .... he just doesn’t look like one 😂

Just like my mate. He was a very competent defender but technically couldn’t tackle for shite!

(Again ... he didn’t get away with it when striking a ball)

At his age he is never going to change, it’s not a question of technique. It’s psychological, he simply cannot relax in front of goal. He’s good at setting up attacks by galloping into space but he cannot handle the responsibility of finishing moves off.

I’m sure in training he can score easily but when the points are at stake and there are 60000 clenched bungholes in the stadium, it’s not so easy.
I disagree with that a bit. A sound technique allows you to trust yourself and help you through the pressurised moments

Take the pressure of penalty shootouts for example . You tend to go with your most technically sound players because the theory is you can rely on it to get you through when subjected to pressure

Sissoko will be aware he is suspect in those situations so cannot relax and trust his technique, of course this then compounds the problem further until he just cannot back himself to score

I had a mate in my old Sunday team, absolute unit of a man, could run all day knock people over for fun, ask him to pass the ball more than ten yards or attempt to score a goal from further out than a yard then you might as well asked for the world , so reminds me of Moussa

But that’s not a dig at Moussa, think he is superb at what he does for us

Back
Top Bottom