Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's strong and quick but he's atrocious in the final third, has no final ball, can't score, and for a massive bloke can't header it (is never in the box when we have corners).

We're crying out for a fully fit Victor or someone like him, it would make winks and the rest better players too.

Being light at RB, that is where he should be getting his minutes. When KWP isn’t fit, he gets the minutes and we use his athleticism to press the shit out of teams

If I am Poch, this needs to be the team. Forcing teams to compete in their final third both defensively and offensively.

lloris
Toby ————— Verts
Lo Celso ——Winks ——Ndombele
KWP/Sissoko —————— Eriksen ———————— Rose/Sess
Kane ——————— Son
We need to be pushing our backs back up the pitch and putting pressure on the opposition when they are building out the back. This is an area where sissoko’s strengths are highlighted; Pace, strength and willingness to run at the back line.

Not good enough he tries is a great lad I'm sure and is athletic but what's the point of that when he can't pick a forward pass cant shoot and despite his running can't tackle? Sooner Ndombele comes back the better he's not good enough for us simple as

Winks is more of a beast than Sissoko. Sissoko's a lazy fucking donkey, who walks around not pressing or tackling anyone.

Todays tackles/Interceptions. Winks 6/1 Eriksen 3/1 Sissoko 1/1
While Winks was the better player this specific match, this isnt the norm.

Based on last season,

Winks won 1.2 tackles per 90 minute with 44% success rate
Sissoko 1.4 tackles with 73% success.

Both bleh numbers and a reason why we concede so much. Dembele and Dier of 15/16 and Dembele Wanyama of 16/17 is what a real midfield should look like. Ndombele, Celso , Alli , Eriksen and even Dier would be a better option right now. (even though alli was shite when he came on).

How many times has he blasted an effort over the crossbar - it's honestly beyond a joke now.

Sadly he needs to grow up and fast in this department. I love his tenacity and his constant ability to keep going but the bloke really needs to learn how to place a fucking football.

Love Sissoko but growing impatient of his inability to just hit a ball towards goal. Don't get scared of it, it's just a football in a football match for heavens sake man!

Should have at least 10 goals for us now, has 1 or 2 I think. Poor return even if I love his Cinderella story.

The hate for arguably our best player last season is mind boggling. Get behind our players don't slag them off. Performances come from confidence and our fans giving the players that. Go support Woolwich if you can't do that, especially when players are giving their all.

The hate for arguably our best player last season is mind boggling. Get behind our players don't slag them off. Performances come from confidence and our fans giving the players that. Go support Woolwich if you can't do that, especially when players are giving their all.
His good performances in the past have no bearing on his current performances

Just because he was good 12 months ago doesn't mean he was good in the same fixture yesterday.

People don't hate him but should we pretend he is playing better than he actually as to not hurt his feelings?

Best player my fat arse

Far better than all the players behind him today (except Hugo), and he had to cover a lot more pitch as well, that said he's the wrong side of thirty and I suspect with only a year left on his contract come next summer he will be phased out and sold.

Despite the numpties on here with an agenda he would walk into all but the top six sides, but we are a top six side so his days must surely now be numbered.

Not our "best player" but no question one of our most important, what he lacks in ability he makes up for with heart, if a few of our more talented players had the same level of commitment we'd be a far better side.

It will be interesting to see who Poch drops when Ndombele is back, either Sissoko or Winks depending on the opponent.

All but the top 6 away and I'm guessing it will be Sissoko who is dropped. Against the top 6, I can see him playing all 3 - but Winks/Ndombele is surely the way forward with Eriksen/Lo Celso just ahead.

Sissoko is a good player for us. He's not gonna score goals or get many assists but he does provide steel for us and when on form, bullies the opposition in that area of the pitch.

Criticisms of him are rather strange - I have accepted he's not gonna play a killer pass or finish a decent chance. That's just not his game or his forte. For me criticising him for that is like criticising Eriksen for being unable to assert himself physically on an opponent - that's not what Eriksen is about, nor is that his role in the team.

It's gotten to the point now where I think he is purposely trying to kick the ball as far away as is physically possible from the goal whenever he shoots. Stopped being funny a long time ago.
The one against villa where he put it out for a throw from about 2 yards out was incredible. I've never seen someone be this bad at shooting before, and it's not like they're hard shots for the most part either. Often he's in the box and puts it out of the ground or just doesn't actually kick the ball at all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom