Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was really poor. Just mishits the ball half the time, it's genuinely hilarious. Never seen a PL footballer do it this consistently ever.

I thought he was going to come good once upon a time and prove the doubters wrong but unlikely now

He neutralizes every attack we have down the right because he is so so so slow in moving the ball. It doesn't matter how talented our RB is if they have to link up and get cute with Sissoko in the final 3rd.

He's such a limited footballer. I think his only use may be in a game where we are sitting deep and have a lot of space on the counter. He's not even a good passer in those situations but he does offer some great dribbles which are useful at times. He wouldn't even be in my starting XI in that circumstance, but I think you could at least make an argument for him being somewhat useful in matches like that.

The most galling thing watching him play is just how long it takes him to steady himself and do even the most simple things like pass to a team mate standing next to him, and even the he’s liable to fuck it up. He is just such a poor footballer technically it actually beggars belief at times.

I tend to agree with all that you’re saying and I’ve about had enough too so why do you think good managers like Poch, Mourinho and Deschamps keep picking him?

Serious question and is it going to continue?

I tend to agree with all that you’re saying and I’ve about had enough too so why do you think good managers like Poch, Mourinho and Deschamps keep picking him?

Didn’t start on Sunday - should have had enough for a game against the team tonight - doubt we’ll see much of him in the Prem when GLC is fit and if N’Dombele / Bale come good. With Serge on the fringes and Jose seeming to work personally with Tanguy, then his ‘mentor’ role is also not needed.

End of an era.

Re: Poch - I think he immediately noticed his lack of technical ability and would have been more than happy to sell him in the summer of 2017. A transfer never happened, Sissoko knuckled down and and as a result of Dembeles continual injury issues and our inability to sign a replacement for him, Poch’s hand was forced in many respects as for long periods Sissoko was his only option in midfield.

Deschamps - I cant answer. Some of his selections are truly bizarre.

And Mourinho - I think his hard work, endeavor and solid nature of his play are all things Mourinho looks for in his players, thus he has taken a real shine to him.

Didn’t start on Sunday - should have had enough for a game against the team tonight - doubt we’ll see much of him in the Prem when GLC is fit and if N’Dombele / Bale come good. With Serge on the fringes and Jose seeming to work personally with Tanguy, then his ‘mentor’ role is also not needed.

End of an era.

Agree with that and I wish him well should he be moved on

He tried hard in any role asked of him and wasn’t responsible for his fee or another contract being given to him so why the vendetta by some against him?

Re: Poch - I think he immediately noticed his lack of technical ability and would have been more than happy to sell him in the summer of 2017. A transfer never happened, Sissoko knuckled down and and as a result of Dembeles continual injury issues and our inability to sign a replacement for him, Poch’s hand was forced in many respects as for long periods Sissoko was his only option in midfield.

And Mourinho - I think his hard work, endeavor and solid nature of his play are all things Mourinho looks for in his players, thus he has taken a real shine to him.

Yes his lack of technical ability is evident to anyone including me but I think he was well thought of by all three managers

I agree that he won’t feature much in the PL this season though

End of an era.
Agree with that and I wish him well should he be moved on

He tried hard in any role asked of him and wasn’t responsible for his fee or another contract being given to him so why the vendetta by some against him?
I think we're all too often guilty of looking at new signings as direct replacements for existing squad members and willing to cast them aside. Then every spring we wonder how we're still in such a shit state with a threadbare squad trying to compete, and failing, on 4 fronts.

Sissoko definitely shouldn't be at the top of the depth chart and should see his opportunities reduced. But we absolutely will face injuries, and he absolutely will have a role to play in this team. Even if nothing more than a hard charging, big lunged bastard to come on and see a result through to the finish late in matches with a congested fixture list.

No way would I be wanting Sissoko gone. Lacks technical ability, but hes got athleticism in spades and has shown a true streak of professionalism and humility in his often difficult time with Spurs.

Sissoko is just fine as a player to close out games, especially in a wide position. He can be useful there as we saw earlier on in Mou’s tenure when he scored a few goals.

He should never start games as a CM. Never. He is afraid of the ball and hardly ever takes a good first touch. Your players in the engine room should be the ones who always do the basics right, and he doesn’t. The ball was literally bouncing 5 yards up in the air last night when he tried to control some passes.

Mourinho knows this. He said a long time ago that he doesn’t really see him as a central midfielder but acknowledged that due to injuries he would often play there. That he was a substitute against Everton hopefully means we are moving away from using him in that role.

Sissoko is just fine as a player to close out games, especially in a wide position. He can be useful there as we saw earlier on in Mou’s tenure when he scored a few goals.

He should never start games as a CM. Never. He is afraid of the ball and hardly ever takes a good first touch. Your players in the engine room should be the ones who always do the basics right, and he doesn’t. The ball was literally bouncing 5 yards up in the air last night when he tried to control some passes.

Mourinho knows this. He said a long time ago that he doesn’t really see him as a central midfielder but acknowledged that due to injuries he would often play there. That he was a substitute against Everton hopefully means we are moving away from using him in that role.
Agreed, I see him and Lamela as closer subs. Players who can come on and give 20 hard minutes at the end of matches to keep us from throwing away leads and turning 3 points into 1 so often.

Jose is all about the collective. Sissoko is a major character in the dressing room and I feel he is playing him for the good of the team.

Hopefully he plays less as Ndom gets fitter.

I think if he plays wide, he can help us reduce pressure on the defence by pinging (or trapping, in his case) the ball 30 yards up the wing and running after it. He’ll inevitably lose it when he gets there, but at least it would give us a chance to regroup at the back. So coming on in a tight game we are winning wouldn’t be the worst thing. Otherwise, he’s a waste of a shirt.

Back
Top Bottom