Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think anyone has defended Moussa more than I have or for longer but he’s no longer worth the risk
A complete liability yesterday

I watched in absolute despair at him on the ball in the second half just inside their half going forward with players free on the left
Pass the fucking thing I thought but no he turned right where we didn’t have anyone free and lost the fucking thing
Stupid foul for their first goal then compounded it by not jumping with his man when the ball came across
Shitshow complete when Sanchez jumped and missed!!

Get rid as he has no future with us now

I thought a couple of seasons ago he might turn it round but he hasn’t and his athleticism isn’t enough and you can say the same about Aurier

Opposition managers must look at our team sheets and either shit themselves when they see our attack
Harry Sonny Bale etc and then lick their lips at our defence
Sanchez Aurier Dier etc

Jose has to sort this out before Xmas or we’ll win fuck all
FAO bus-conductor bus-conductor

Clearly you were pissed on your earlier comment or haven’t read this

Toodles

Sissoko is obviously a limited footballer but forms a good midfield trio with Ndombele and Hojbjerg. There's good balance to it and Ndombele gets more interplay out of Sissoko than I think I've seen anybody manage with him. Ndombele moves with the ball to create passing angles with Sissoko, whereas obviously Winks does not and so Sissoko lumbers about unable to receive the ball. He uses his body well enough to clean up situations when both full backs are going forward. Should never be on the field in PL with Winks, but I'm happy enough to see him start games otherwise. Poor individually with the Balbuena goal on Sunday, but set pieces for us are a wider issue than just that.

He obviously made a crucial mistake against West Ham but we are playing well with him in the 433 and it gives us a good balance. He had a good first half like the rest of the team and a bad second half, like the rest of the team.

Of course he should make way for Gio when he is fit but he is playing much better in this system than he was in the 4231.

He's a good athlete with a good attitude.
Not much more or less to him. He is quite positive in his play.

Too old now to sell though IMO
An athlete? If we're going to be impressed by someone charging around like an elephant in a china shop, we may as well sign Dwain Chambers.

Never seen a player with such little football ability.

Should be made to train with the reserves and have the video of his not jumping show to him over and over again.

i can’t believe the non-jumping thing has come as a surprise to anyone. He is a 6’3 lump who cannot head the ball. Usually this manifests itself with him ducking an aerial challenge in midfield. Only this time it’s been magnified. When have you ever seen him attack a corner?

As I’ve said on this thread before, it’s not personal with him. Not from me anyway. I’m sure he is a nice fella and all that. Quite how he has made it as a professional footballer is beyond me and is maybe an indication of which attributes are favoured in the modern game.

He has an impressive engine and sometimes uses his big body to effectively block off opponents. Erm, and that’s it.

Can’t pass - even a simple 5 yard pass to feet. Can’t tackle without conceding free kicks. Can’t cross it. No guile. Terrible first touch. Can’t fucking head it. And most definitely can’t shoot.

As I said, it’s not personal but someone saw him play and thought he’d be a good addition to our football club. A club which, for all its epic failures, is known for producing attractive football.

His presence in a team now bursting with talent is an oddity. He has always wasted the ball and slowed down attacks. I wonder now that he is seen as negligent defending , how long Mourinho will persist with him

i can’t believe the non-jumping thing has come as a surprise to anyone. He is a 6’3 lump who cannot head the ball. Usually this manifests itself with him ducking an aerial challenge in midfield. Only this time it’s been magnified. When have you ever seen him attack a corner?

As I’ve said on this thread before, it’s not personal with him. Not from me anyway. I’m sure he is a nice fella and all that. Quite how he has made it as a professional footballer is beyond me and is maybe an indication of which attributes are favoured in the modern game.

He has an impressive engine and sometimes uses his big body to effectively block off opponents. Erm, and that’s it.

Can’t pass - even a simple 5 yard pass to feet. Can’t tackle without conceding free kicks. Can’t cross it. No guile. Terrible first touch. Can’t fucking head it. And most definitely can’t shoot.

As I said, it’s not personal but someone saw him play and thought he’d be a good addition to our football club. A club which, for all its epic failures, is known for producing attractive football.

His presence in a team now bursting with talent is an oddity. He has always wasted the ball and slowed down attacks. I wonder now that he is seen as negligent defending , how long Mourinho will persist with him
Totally agree. He doesn’t what his in the team to do basically be a bruiser but he just waves his arms pointing and hides from receiving the ball. Just can’t comprehend how he got to this level.

I've always stuck up for him, when he deserved praise, and I like him, because he does put in a good shift. However, this season he has been pretty poor so far, and IMO, he doesn't really deserve his place in the first team. He can still do a job for us, but he has moved down the pecking order, when everybody is fit. Even I can see that a midfield of PEH, Winks and Sissoko is a recipe for disaster.

Sissoko has been a good servant for the club, but if we want to propel to the next level he is one if the players we should be looking to Improve upon.
He ain't been a good servant to the club mate.
Gave a penalty away in 30 seconds in euro final ,
Can't shoot , pass , technically shit .Total liability.
One of the stupidest signings ever.

For all of Sissoko's limitations, his passing is actually a lot, lot better and more accurate than his first season or two. Just a lazy dig now.

Why raise your arms pointing in the pen box. His always pointing to someone else to pick up player. He was doing the same yday just before he ran over to the player on the touch line and then pushing him over. If he went over in the first place may be he would have got the ball first rather than just pointing.
I still maintain to this day, that crafty fooker Mane flicked the ball at Moussa's needlessly outstretched arm, to possibly get a pen. Bugs me even now.

Our supporters are turning more and more like Woolwich supporters each day that passes
Bollocks sunshine.
Tell that to my mates in Madrid coughing up £5000 for a final ticket , sleeping 3 nights in a rat infested shit hole , being whacked by some short house Spanish old bill, Scousers giving it the big one , you ain't on the level treacle.
Tell it to their face and you would be eating your cheap shot words my old mucker.

Back
Top Bottom