Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly sissoko is supposed to be that but when there is a 50/50 he invariably shits and doesn’t challenge. As for winning headers no point going there absolute useless!

Exactly sissoko is supposed to be that but when there is a 50/50 he invariably shits and doesn’t challenge. As for winning headers no point going there absolute useless!
Way over the top!

Get a grip ffs

Jose thinks he can do a job for us as did Poch as did Deschamps for France World Champions

Not a starter but has a role as does Ben

I'm not sure I've seen a player shit himself as much as sissoko when running with the ball towards the other teams goal. He panics when anywhere near it. That time he skyed it against Liverpool still brings a tear to my eye. Definitely upgradable but a decent player and a fairly likeable chap

First name on the starting sheet and rightly so - we don't have another player who can play midfield support and provide defensive cover on the right side as Sissoko does - another great if uninspiring performance today - he does his job as well or better than anyone else on the pitch, dull as that may be.

Does anyone know what his actual best position is? He isn't an out and out DM. But he isn't a real CM either as his passing is so below standard. He needs to get that Harry Reknapp/Huddlestone treatment where he gets bollocked for going too far forward.

Oh come on, he was poor tonight...

Won't slag him off too much as we won the game but he wasn't good at all. I'll praise Sissoko when he has a good game. He was great against United for example. But he wasn't today. A big reason as to why Brighton had such a control was because of the midfield he's part of.

Hojbjerg, again, had to do a lot of work. In the same way Winks used to have to do it last season and the season before.

Interesting to notice part of Jose´s answer about Hojbjerg: "Sissoko works hard for him".

Everybody knows Sissoko is capable of covering the right side for the advances of our RB. Since we stopped using asymmetrical FB´s, though, Sissoko has been covering both sides. He is the central midfielder who moves wide (right or left) when necessary, leaving Hojbjerg bossing the central spaces.

Sissoko doesn´t offer great quality on the ball and he can be really frustrating to watch at times. He is what he is - no point expecting different qualities in his game. Jose knows how to use a player like him and once again he did a very effective job for the team.

Last edited:
First name on the starting sheet and rightly so - we don't have another player who can play midfield support and provide defensive cover on the right side as Sissoko does - another great if uninspiring performance today - he does his job as well or better than anyone else on the pitch, dull as that may be.

I like Moussa, even while acknowledging his limitations, but first name on the starting sheet? :saha:

I'm not a hater of any player and I understand there's a reason two managers in a row have used him, but it is really frustrating that the direct defensive shift he provides is counterbalanced by such a weakness on the ball that it's like trying to pass with two midfielders against a Brighton side packed with five (considering how high their wingbacks were). 25 passes and losing possession 3 times is horrible for a CM, the position that should be seeing the most of the ball - and with Ndombele pushed up high and not seeing much of the ball either, we basically had no midfield. We weren't troubled that much defensively either, and maybe Sissoko is part of that, but I'd rather defend by starving the opposition of the ball in midfield than sitting back and batting them away in our third.

Considering Gio's injuries and Ndombele's fitness (much better this season but I think he still has another level in him), I still think we need another technically accomplished CM. Maybe more of a direct Sissoko/box-to-box upgrade than a creative playmaking one if we're worried that Gio + Ndombele is a bit lightweight for some games, or maybe a sitting DM that would allow PEH to go more box-to-box (other benefit is they could cover PEH when he's out), but in any case our midfield is still a puzzle for me that needs more thinking.

Back
Top Bottom