Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can be so infuriating and wildly inconsistent at times but if he could produce today’s performance on a regular basis he would be a starter most weeks.

I think my post looks even more prescient. Talking about not working against other teams is not the point as I said before systems and specific opponents is what Jose is all about. Its taken me a while to get used to it ill freely admit but its clear this is what he is doing. He don't give a fuck about cities possession or 22 sjots to our dozen. Sissoko is not a problem nor are the things he can not do just what he can do. Would I swap him for Camavinga hell yes will that happen no. He did what he was supposed to today against a beast of a team. When we need the things he can't do we stand him down. That's what a squad is and he is a team player above all else so won't sulk. Like I said he is not a problem and when we win a trophy (the league) he WILL be a big part of it.

He had the simplest of remits today, basically shuffling between Aurier and Alderweireld and somehow it’s deemed some kind of Edgar Davids-esque performance?

And as I said, and stand by, we don’t play City every week. Even today Sissoko was marking their guy that scored, that was then VAR’d. Against West Ham when we were parked he was responsible for thr first one and culpable in the second goal. He is not defensively great.

And in games when we aren’t just playing on our own 25 yard line his inability to contribute is a massive problem. And will become an even bigger problem when Kane isn’t around to make or score the 80% of our goals he has so far.

We don’t need Camavinga we just need someone who can trundle around when we are parking a bus, but who can also play football when we are not and we will be a better football team.

Last edited:
He had the simplest of remits today, basically shuffling between Aurier and Alderweireld and somehow it’s deemed some kind of Edgar Davids-esque performance?

And as I said, and stand by, we don’t play City every week. Even today Sissoko was marking their guy that scored, that was then VAR’d. Against West Ham when we were parked he was responsible for thr first one and culpable in the second goal. He is not defensively great.

And in games when we aren’t just playing on our own 25 years line his inability to contribute is a massive problem. And will become an even bigger problem when Kane isn’t around to make or score the 80% of our goals he has so far.

We don’t need Camavinga we just need someone who can trundle around when we are parking a bus, but who can also play football when we are not and we will be a better football team.
I agree with a lot of your points, he is useless bringing the ball out and I dont like seeing him on the pitch agaisnt basically anyone outside the big 6.

But can you accept he did a great job today? No one is saying Davids esque just that he did a great job for the team. You seem to find it impossible to admit

'HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!'

'Large delivery of humble pie for the usual crowd in here.'

'I'll leave it by the door you fucking mugs'
Well, he was very good today. And I hope he continues to play well. But this was just one match. He’s been pretty dire until today.

I’ll pass on the humble pie and maybe consider a plate of it later in the season. Not convinced I’ll be ordering it though. Just hope I am.

bus-conductor bus-conductor

Come on Blakey.... Don't fight it, feel it....

images

And in games when we aren’t just playing on our own 25 years line his inability to contribute is a massive problem. And will become an even bigger problem when Kane isn’t around to make or score the 80% of our goals he has so far.

Tell us how you really feel after Sissoko helps Spurs win to go top of the league

resentful

embittered

aggrieved

dissatisfied

disgruntled

discontented

grudge-bearing

grudging

begrudging

indignant

rancorous

splenetic

spiteful

jaundiced

ill-disposed

sullen

sour

churlish

morose

petulant

peevish

with a chip on one's shoulder

I really don't understand why people won't give credit when it's due.
If Jose is big enough to change his mind about Moussa (reference the documentary when Jose raised his eyebrows when he was told how the other players rated him as an important part of the team), then people need to be a little bit more positive about his contribution, when he does play well.

I agree with a lot of your points, he is useless bringing the ball out and I dont like seeing him on the pitch agaisnt basically anyone outside the big 6.

But can you accept he did a great job today? No one is saying Davids esque just that he did a great job for the team. You seem to find it impossible to admit

I don't think it was "great". It's that simple. It wasn't shit either, it was just carrying out an incredibly basic remit which involved defending almost entirely in our third of the pitch, he didn't make a single tackle, he lost his man for the goal they scored, and he offered nothing on the odd occasion we had the ball, meaning all we did all game was hump it out of defence, he saw the ball less than every other starter, Lloris completed 10 more passes than Sissoko.

I think Kane was great, fucking everywhere, played in midfield, got back and defended and set up a goal. ran his nuts off, no one else was "great". Hojbjerg did everything Sissoko did defensively and more, covered shit loads of ground and was also better with the ball when we had it. I'll accept Hojbjerg was pretty good even though I don't overly rate him. Aurier was pretty good even though I'm not his biggest fan either. Alderweireld was pretty good too, Ndombele worked pretty hard (tackled more than Sissoko) set up a goal with a lovely bit of play, and also offered himself up and saw more of the ball, he was good in moments and OK the rest of the time, which was what I'd say most others were including Sissoko - OK - competently functional in a very tactically conservative but functional performance.

I'm sorry man, I just did not see great performances out there from anyone bar Kane, and I wouldn't even put Sissoko in the next bracket, you'll have to explain to me if you disagree with that why you think Sissoko merits a more credit ahead of people like Hojbjerg, Aurier, Alderweireld, Dier, Reguilon, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Bergwijn ?

I don't think it was "great". It's that simple. It wasn't shit either, it was just carrying out an incredibly basic remit which involved defending almost entirely in our third of the pitch, he didn't make a single tackle, he lost his man for the goal they scored, and he offered nothing on the odd occasion we had the ball, meaning all we did all game was hump it out of defence, he saw the ball less than every other starter, Lloris completed 10 more passes than Sissoko.

I think Kane was great, fucking everywhere, played in midfield, got back and defended and set up a goal. ran his nuts off, no one else was "great". Hojbjerg did everything Sissoko did defensively and more, covered shit loads of ground and was also better with the ball when we had it. I'll accept Hojbjerg was pretty good even though I don't overly rate him. Aurier was pretty good even though I'm not his biggest fan either. Alderweireld was pretty good too, Ndombele worked pretty hard (tackled more than Sissoko) set up a goal with a lovely bit of play, and also offered himself up and saw more of the ball, he was good in moments and OK the rest of the time, which was what I'd say most others were including Sissoko - OK - competently functional in a very tactically conservative but functional performance.

I'm sorry man, I just did not see great performances out there from anyone bar Kane, and I wouldn't even put Sissoko in the next bracket, you'll have to explain to me if you disagree with that why you think Sissoko merits a more credit ahead of people like Hojbjerg, Aurier, Alderweireld, Dier, Reguilon, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Bergwijn ?
I didn't say he merited more credit than any of those players. A whole lot of non-sequiter (most of which I agree with incidentally) but an inability to accept, without qualification, that sissoko did a good job today. Like I say I agree a lot with your assessment of the player but your refusal to award any merit for a good performance given the circumstances (defending a lead with a low block) is quite frankly weird.

You could just say, "Not his biggest fan but did his job today," but you can't bring yourself to do it.

there are none so blind as those who will not see

I didn't say he merited more credit than any of those players. A whole lot of non-sequiter (most of which I agree with incidentally) but an inability to accept, without qualification, that sissoko did a good job today. Like I say I agree a lot with your assessment of the player but your refusal to award any merit for a good performance given the circumstances (defending a lead with a low block) is quite frankly weird.

You could just say, "Not his biggest fan but did his job today," but you can't bring yourself to do it.

Hold on though, you've gone from criticising me for not saying he was "great" to now criticising me for not saying "he did a job", which is very different, and I did say that.

he was good in moments and OK the rest of the time, which was what I'd say most others were including Sissoko - OK - competently functional in a very tactically conservative but functional performance.

Sissoko was no more remarkable out there today than any other player, but did a basic job, like everyone did in a pretty "do a basic job" type performance . The type of performance others have done against City this year (and last). Some have done more. And to be honest that is me saying something I don't often say about Sissoko, so I'd enjoy it.

I'd be more inclined to question the agenda of those trying to make this all about Sissoko, again, calling him MOTM etc- which is plainly ludicrous compared to the performances of Kane, Hojbjerg, Aurier, Alderweireld etc, or using this game as some kind of rinse for a bunch of other really poor and inadequate performances.

Back
Top Bottom