Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depends on what terms they were offering. Noticeably it states "demands" rather than pricetag; perhaps wage subsidy was part of the negotiations?

Maybe it's a bluff and they come back with a counter offer.

Welcome to silly season. :)
Fwiw I don't care.

I'd be happy for us to pay the last year of Sissoko's contract in full so I never have to watch him in a Spurs shirt hiding from the ball so it won't bounce off his shins straight to the opposition or pointing in his own penalty area.

If true, a disgraceful turn of events, when we should bite their hands off.
However, it may be just lazy journalism, playing on the perception of Levy's negotiation techniques.
There's no comeback on press speculation, they can print what the heck they like, all they have to do is use the word 'allegedly'.
That's all true, Mrs P.

But from bitter experience of Levy's interfering exploits pissing off other clubs & players, this report does have the ring of truth.

Fwiw I don't care.

I'd be happy for us to pay the last year of Sissoko's contract in full so I never have to watch him in a Spurs shirt hiding from the ball so it won't bounce off his shins straight to the opposition or pointing in his own penalty area.

I totally understand that sentiment; but you're smart.... You know that's not how things work. Players rarely get paid to leave unless they are cancerous individuals.

I totally understand that sentiment; but you're smart.... You know that's not how things work. Players rarely get paid to leave unless they are cancerous individuals.
Yup. And Sissoko is a "dressing room leader", which notoriously provoked Mourinho to react: "Oh shit!".

A thought just occurred to me.

Maybe Levy thinks Sissoko will come off the bench for France & score a cracking goal, thus causing Europe's elite clubs to fight for his signature at an ever increasing transfer fee.

Levy is that deluded.

:levystare:

Yup. And Sissoko is a "dressing room leader", which notoriously provoked Mourinho to react: "Oh shit!".

A thought just occurred to me.

Maybe Levy thinks Sissoko will come off the bench for France & score a cracking goal, thus causing Europe's elite clubs to fight for his signature at an ever increasing transfer fee.

Levy is that deluded.

:levystare:

...Presumably against England.

You'd have to laugh!

.....Or cry. :pochcry:

I’ve got a horrible feeling that ‘the demands of Daniel Levy were excessive’ is going to be a popular term with transfers this summer.
We shouldn’t have given Sissoko that big contract back in 2019, and it’s time to cut our loses.
We will have to pay him to go which is still favourable to him being here for another two years

We will have to pay him to go which is still favourable to him being here for another two years

Yeah, true. I'd rather pay him to go than pay him to stay. I'm sure there's a negotiation to be had with these things too, say to him we'll pay X amount as a lump sum for you to leave straight away and you're free to go play for someone else.

Yeah, true. I'd rather pay him to go than pay him to stay. I'm sure there's a negotiation to be had with these things too, say to him we'll pay X amount as a lump sum for you to leave straight away and you're free to go play for someone else.

Even if it's a mere 5m fee with subsidised wages it's still a far better outcome for the club.... No sense paying him to leave.

Exactly but it’s going to have to be a years salary or similar

Sorry? Who would pay 5m for him? Are you saying we subsidise his wages?

As much as we know he is shit managers for some unknown reason do seem to rate him so it is likely that someone out there will want him.

The issue isn't if someone will want him, its if Levy will understand the low levels we need to accept in a transfer for him.

I’ve never been convinced he is a footballer to be honest .
I just laugh whenever I watch him play
I was absolutely horrified to come home from the pub to see we had signed him at the last minute of transfer deadline day . I woke up the next morning hoping it was a bad dream .

good luck to him where ever he goes on though . Seems a nice guy

As much as we know he is shit managers for some unknown reason do seem to rate him so it is likely that someone out there will want him.

The issue isn't if someone will want him, its if Levy will understand the low levels we need to accept in a transfer for him.
But who on earth will pay him £100k a week? No-one which means no-one will offer a low level fee.

scouting has improved ten fold (apart from at THFC), the days are gone when we could plan off squad players. Clubs can recognise how shit they are, no more lazy chancers like Harry Redknapp making uninformed, lazy gambles

But who on earth will pay him £100k a week? No-one which means no-one will offer a low level fee.

scouting has improved ten fold (apart from at THFC), the days are gone when we could plan off squad players. Clubs can recognise how shit they are, no more lazy chancers like Harry Redknapp making uninformed, lazy gambles

Who knows, lots of crap gets moved on bad contracts all the time.

As for scouting improving, not based on what I have seen. Everyday there are crap decisions made at the Euros's every transfer window has plenty of crap moved around. Bad players are bought and sold every single transfer window.

If this as reported by Gazzetta is true, then nothing has changed.

We have an Italian DoF who knows how to schmooze agents & get deals done, but we're still fucked. Because Paratici is reporting to some bald geezer who has to micro-manage every transfer & fails to understand that it is critical to get certain players out of our squad.

As a direct result of Levy's stupidity, Sissoko has a lucrative contract. We should be delighted there's a good club willing to sign him & take on that salary.

FFS.

Why isn't Paratici negotiating the sale, I thought that he was responsible for transfers in and out

Why isn't Paratici negotiating the sale, I thought that he was responsible for transfers in and out
Either Paratici hasn't officially started yet.

Or Levy is playing his usual game of coming in at the last moment & blowing up the agreed deal.

In truth, it may be both. Paratici negotiated the deal and Levy then changed the terms at the last minute, leading Napoli to tell him to fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom