Napoli Penalties

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched this match last night and I didn't like the way Napoli won their penalties (kicked the ball against the Venezian players' hands at close range with no time for them to react):

Is this sort of thing common in Serie A? It seems like a very perverse interpretation of the rules.

I watched this match last night and I didn't like the way Napoli won their penalties (kicked the ball against the Venezian players' hands at close range with no time for them to react):

Is this sort of thing common in Serie A? It seems like a very perverse interpretation of the rules.

At least they weren’t pointing at the time

I honestly saw nothing wrong with both of those. They were obviously trying to cross it into the box.

It's not like they were stopped with the ball and purposefully lobbed it at the player's outstretched pointed hand.
: ostrich:

Pretty much always pen's in Italy and Spain when ball hits hand (not my opinion but from a few shows), when we updated our guidance last year (now reverted) it was bring them closer. I prefer our interpretation.

Well pretty much the only reason Ole is still in his job at United is he trained their players to run face-first into opposing defenders and then scream bloody murder.

I’m not sure there’s too much wrong with those decisions. In both instances the players had their hands behind their backs then moved their arms out away from their bodies. In Italy and Spain they’re always likely to be given.

Well pretty much the only reason Ole is still in his job at United is he trained their players to run face-first into opposing defenders and then scream bloody murder.
Last season for sure. So far this season the refs have been having none of that. Skipp in the wolves game would have been a stone wall penalty last season. Hopefully they continue with this new approach

Back
Top Bottom