Neves or Traore?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you rather sign for 40m?

• Adama Traore

• Ruben Neves

Results are only viewable after voting.
With links surfacing today of us being in for Ruben Neves and Adama Traore consistently linked to us throughout the last couple weeks I was thinking, who would you rather sign if you could only get one?

Both look like they'd be around 40m so it's not a matter of cost, both similar ages. Personally I feel like Neves would be far more beneficial for us, HOWEVER if Tanguy does end up staying Hojbjerg, Neves, Dele, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Skipp and Winks makes for 7 centre mids which is probably overkill. Thoughts?

DISCLAIMER: I fully expect us to sign neither, and for Emerson to be our only deadline day signing. Just intrigued to see what people think.

Neves. Traore is a better, more exciting player, but we desperately need someone like Neves in MF, while we do have options in the RW.

Another thought, Neves would also solve another issue of ours which is a lack of a direct FK taker (yes I know Sonny scored one at the weekend but he never really takes the ones in a shooting position).

Heart says Traore
Head says Neves

Trusting Don Fab and Don Mendes to bring them both home

Yeh both are good players in their own way. One will cause anarchy, fear and create space for other players and the other will offer both protection and some decent creativity deep.

Traore would make a bigger impact.

Neves is a classy player but I think he’s still living off those screamers he hit when Wolves got promoted

I cannot believe this poll result.

Do people not watch Wolves? I think Neves' wonder goals may have an impact on people's psyche.

Neves barely controls games from midfield. He's okay but wouldn't radically change things. There's a reason United aren't opting for him despite the fact they have the pull and desperately need a CDM.

Adama, meanwhile, would radically change games for us. Rip opposition to shreds, draw in 3 defenders, and then passing to Kane or Son.

I cannot believe this poll result.

Do people not watch Wolves? I think Neves' wonder goals may have an impact on people's psyche.

Neves barely controls games from midfield. He's okay but wouldn't radically change things. There's a reason United aren't opting for him despite the fact they have the pull and desperately need a CDM.

Adama, meanwhile, would radically change games for us. Rip opposition to shreds, draw in 3 defenders, and then passing to Kane or Son.
I thought he bossed the midfield against us? Barely controls games... Not sure what you're watching to be honest.

I'd take either of them at this point, but think we're lacking in midfield creativity as it stands.

Traore is flashy no doubt, but I'm concerned about the price and whether he's really got that much left in terms of raising his game to the next level.

Back
Top Bottom