Neves or Traore?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you rather sign for 40m?

• Adama Traore

• Ruben Neves

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wolves have had 58 shots in the first 3 games, mainly due to Adama.
He can't execute intricate through balls, but his short simple passing is okay. Kane & Son have great off the ball movement which makes it easier for Adama.
They've not scored a goal. You're building him up in your mind to something he's not. He's not just laying on chances that these idiots can't finish he's not creating good chances and he's certainly not taking good chances, like his 1 vs 1 against us.

Last edited:
People keep romanticising to a crazy degree, yes maybe he'd "rip the opposition to shreds" but 9 times out of 10 he then wouldn't pass to Kane or Son, that's the problem. He's not miraculously going to develop an end product on the drive down from the midlands.
But there is end product. Wolves just dont have the strikers to finish the chances he made , especially the 2 simplish ones vs united.

They've not scored goal. You're building him up in your mind to something he's not. He's not just laying on chances that these idiots can't finish he's not creating good chances and he's certainly not taking good chances, like his 1 vs 1 against us.
He definitely doesn't take his chances, that is true.
But with Kane & Son; their finishing means goals is more than xG. So imagine what they'd do with someone who draws away defenders and creates conditions that enables 58 shots in 3 games vs elite opposition.

It's the other way round.
Neves has amazing highlights as he scores wonder goals. But his general midfield play is not elite (hence he was Portugal's 6th choice CDM).
Adama destroys teams, is not clinical at all, but the chances he creates would be feasted on by Son & Kane.

The fact you just said the word "elite" suggests to me you are under 30 and get your opinions from twitter and the youtube.

Traore is not a "baller" and I wont put "respect on his name", hes just a massive Aaron Lennon whos even worse at finishing.

No ta x

The fact you just said the word "elite" suggests to me you are under 30 and get your opinions from twitter and the youtube.
I get my opinions from watching Wolves games. Elite is not just a term used by youth.
In terms of YouTube/ twitter, it's the other way round with Neves. His highlights are insane wonder goals so people rate him. But his general play isn't world class. That could be why Portugal boss had him as 6th choice Wolves CM.

Traore is not a "baller" and I wont put "respect on his name", hes just a massive Aaron Lennon whos even worse at finishing.
I'm glad you've picked up some new terms on social media, but it's not a particularly convincing argument.

I've watched a lot of Wolves in the last few years. He doesn't stand out. I feel like his wonder goals have made him overrated.
He didn't start for Portugal in midfield, and was behind D. Pereira, Palhinha, Renato Sanches, Moutinho, Carvhalo in the pecking order.

Nuno managed both, and his preference was Adama.
It's NOT an either-or situation between them at Wolves!! They play in completely different positions, Neves is a DM, Traore a winger.

Without Neves, there's no Traore though, no turnover and then ball out to him.

This isn't even Neve's personal strengths, he's a better PEH without the ball but on the ball, he's a mini Pirlo, all rolled into one player.

Neves was really good against us like he is most games I see him play.

Traore was the same as always too.. all bark no bite.

I would happily take both, but would expect Neves to actually play first team - whereas Adama would more likely be a squad rotation option, which makes me value the proposed Neves acquisition more.

Neves was really good against us like he is most games I see him play.

Traore was the same as always too.. all bark no bite.

I would happily take both, but would expect Neves to actually play first team - whereas Adama would more likely be a squad rotation option, which makes me value the proposed Neves acquisition more.
Neves is better looking but Adama has the bigger cock

Swings and roundabouts

Soz - wrong thread

Neves is an upgrade on Skipp and PEH but I am not sure that he would be a good fit in a MF 3 with them. It would be a massive upgrade on Alli but still have the same lack of creativity than we do now.

That said he is a better option than Traore.

Back
Top Bottom