New: Hide rating

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent

😈 Hide rating

We're trialling this feature
The settings will probably be adjusted based on the feedback we get once it's been running for a while... or removed completely and deemed a complete failure.

The new Hide rating gives you some more power to moderate the forum by hiding posts. It is only available to users who meet a certain criteria based on posts, reputation, time registered etc.

How it effects new users

For newly registered users, if their posts receive a number of this rating, they will effectively receive a Red Card and will not be able to post.
  • This should be useful for fans of other clubs who have only signed up to troll. You can catch them early and stop them posting anything else before one of us can get here to clean it up. It's still worth using the 'Foul' vote as well to bring it to our attention so we can ban them, if necessary.

How it effects existing users

If a post receives a minimum number of this rating AND the percentage of this 'Hide' rating vs. any positive ratings (Like, Agree, Funny) reaches a certain level, the post will be hidden.

Basically, if enough of you think a post should be hidden versus those of you who have given it a positive rating then the post will disappear.
  • The user who posted will not receive a Yellow/Red Card, this rating only effects the individual post.
  • The post will not be hidden for you just because you have used the 'Hide' rating, it must meet the criteria above and then it disappears for everyone.

Notes

• The Hide rating is anonymous. You can only see your own Hide rating on a post and the user receiving the Hide rating will NOT get a notification that you have voted on their post.
  • The settings will be adjusted if we find users and/or posts are being punished unfairly.
  • Users who are obviously only using it to hide posts from people they have an issue with (rather than the post itself) will have their permissions to use this rating removed.
  • Forum moderators can override a hide rating. (It's unlikely we ever will. Sort of defeats the object! Until we feel the settings are at the right level we may need to un-hide posts though.)
  • The current Red/Yellow card system will continue to work as normal. You can submit a 'Foul' vote AND use the 'Hide' rating on a post, if you like.

You deny us an "Informative" rating, but introduce this silly bollocks Admin Admin ?

I get the self moderating thing, if people are abusive etc but this is censorship of opinion by mob and will just prevent meaningful debate.

There's loads of shit (the whole Sissoko thread for a start) which is full of utter bollocks, but I respect people's right to hold those stupid wrong opinions.

Piss poor idea mate. Piss poor.

As the big yellow notice says, it's only a trial. I'm going to see what effect it has. All your feedback has been noted and most graciously received.

Shout out to the people who used this to remove a spam post from the Spurs forum just now. I can finally put my feet up.

but I respect people's right to hold those stupid wrong opinions.

I don’t think anyone will use it. It’s all a bit vague. It’s just Case playing with his buttons because he can. It will probably die without a whimper. What’s the point in hiding posts anyway? I love reading yours (as you know) but why should I be denied that pleasure because of some random forum function?

Last edited:
I dont get it. I am new to all this stuff. I have read some of the rows in the toilet thread. Way scary.
image-20170201-12649-h3b50.jpg

Get in.

Back
Top Bottom