New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EUHFAD2XYAEK9O8
We'll all look like referees; Mike Dean won't know what's hit him!

You know all those years of pre-season speculation, where some 14-year old kid on a ZX-spectrum* 'designed' an abomination of a kit that we all laughed at, and politely patted him on the head for giving it "a good effort, son... but maybe leave it to the Professionals, eh?"

...well now that 24 year old 'kid' is a design graduate, and has a job at Nike...

You reap what you sow!

*other computers are availiable... I was just showing my age, in a vain attempt at humour!

I don't mean to be 'wise after the event' but surely, anyone who knows ANYTHING about football kits/colours, would know that the two colours most difficult to see during a football match are Green (due to the pitch) and Grey (due to the crowd)

...are Nike doing this deliberately to somehow sabotage next season, and give the opposition an advantage?

Thank Gawd next season will most probably be cancelled!!

I don't mean to be 'wise after the event' but surely, anyone who knows ANYTHING about football kits/colours, would know that the two colours most difficult to see during a football match are Green (due to the pitch) and Grey (due to the crowd)

...are Nike doing this deliberately to somehow sabotage next season, and give the opposition an advantage?

Thank Gawd next season will most probably be cancelled!!
Man United had a grey kit in the mid 90s I think, they wore it for a half a game then changed at half time for the reason you said above.

Last edited:
Man United had a grey kit in the mid 90s I think, they wore it for a half a game then changed at half time for the reason you said above.
That's EXACTLY the incident I was thinking of... they were 0-3 down at Southampton or summit...

Alex Ferguson made the decision at HT... but pffft, what did Fergie know about football???
:pochrolleyes:

That's EXACTLY the incident I was thinking of... they were 0-3 down at Southampton or summit...

Alex Ferguson made the decision at HT... but pffft, what did Fergie know about football???
:pochrolleyes:

For all those people who regularly complained that a simple, clean classic plain white shirt is "boring..." this one's on you!
Seems that someone was listening after all...
The lesson is clearly: 'careful what you wish for'!

Nothing and I mean nothing could be worse than this abortion......
4-B00-D9-E1-C38-A-4590-B055-777-ABA1-A93-C9.gif
it was just horrible material the cut everything was just awful....
ah, the CLOWN FACE kit!
I still maintain some Gooner at Puma designed it!!

For all those people who regularly complained that a simple, clean classic plain white shirt is "boring..." this one's on you!
Seems that someone was listening after all...
The lesson is clearly: 'careful what you wish for'!

ah, the CLOWN FACE kit!
I still maintain some Gooner at Puma designed it!!
There's a difference between complaining about it being boring and acknowledging that Nike won't make any money out of releasing a plain white shirt every year. If Nike (or ANY other kit maker on the planet) don't make money every year from new kits, then they can't pay US money. Then you will complain about us getting sod all in the transfer market.

Would you buy a new kit every year, for £60+ if it was hard to tell it apart from the prior years?

Back
Top Bottom