New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

07-B33-D9-A-7704-4412-96-E3-7-C4764844334.jpg

:freund:

Would you buy a new kit every year, for £60+ if it was hard to tell it apart from the prior years?

No. I think the whole three (or even four!) shirts every year thing has got completely out of hand; add a stripe, add some arm trim, add a collar, take it off again, make it V-neck, etc. . Who cares? Does anyone buy a new shirt every year anymore let alone three or more? Kit fatigue/boredom set in years ago for me. I really don't care what our kit looks like these days as long as it's white/navy.

Does anyone else agree? Or maybe I'm just a miserable old git (I'm sure loads will agree with that). :myword:

No. I think the whole three (or even four!) shirts every year thing has got completely out of hand; add a stripe, add some arm trim, add a collar, take it off again, make it V-neck, etc. . Who cares? Does anyone buy a new shirt every year anymore let alone three or more? Kit fatigue/boredom set in years ago for me. I really don't care what our kit looks like these days as long as it's white/navy.

Does anyone else agree? Or maybe I'm just a miserable old git (I'm sure loads will agree with that). :myword:

I don't know how old you are but I suspect you're not the target market anyway.

Football-mad kids will want all 3 (inc. socks & shorts) if the designs are funky enough. The older crowd aren't exactly the prime market.

FWIW; I actually think for the best part the Nike kits have been decent. You ain't getting much more no-frills than this in modern day football:

images

Or....
Spurs_home_png__53845.1564543849.png

Last edited:

I haven't bought a home shirt for ages (too much red for my liking) , and I tend to buy an away shirt if I like the design/colour.

I don't know how old you are but I suspect you're not the target market anyway.

Football-mad kids will want all 3 (inc. socks & shorts) if the designs are funky enough. The older crowd aren't exactly the prime market.

FWIW; I actually think for the best part the Nike kits have been decent. You ain't getting much more no-frills than this in modern day football:

images

Or....
Spurs_home_png__53845.1564543849.png
You are true if my nine year old boy is anything to go by. Have to say Nike are much better than most for kids kits, you get the top, shorts and socks for £45 until they get to about 8.. unfortunately I got to that stage for my oldest in the summer!

A lot of people buy for themselves and/or their kids.
Imagine a 9 year old begging for the new shirt for his/her birthday and it's the same as the one the year before.

The obvious answer is 2 or more years with offsetting for home and away. But we know that ain't ever gonna happen again, it just is now.

Back
Top Bottom