New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good to use in the kitchen.
c134c5089ab5405aab12ed1d65d154dd.jpg

....and guess who has to wear that monstrosity next season !!!
:eriksenserious:

Bet he's regretting his decision now... mind you, it's still a darn sight nicer than the abomination WE'LL be wearing next season...

...if there IS a next season!!

No. I think the whole three (or even four!) shirts every year thing has got completely out of hand; add a stripe, add some arm trim, add a collar, take it off again, make it V-neck, etc. . Who cares? Does anyone buy a new shirt every year anymore let alone three or more? Kit fatigue/boredom set in years ago for me. I really don't care what our kit looks like these days as long as it's white/navy.

Does anyone else agree? Or maybe I'm just a miserable old git (I'm sure loads will agree with that). :myword:
I know a few that buy the full kit line every year. There's more than you think. It's also built around the law of averages - if you put out 3+ new kits each season, you're likely to within a few seasons have one that strikes everyone's fancy and so whilst you might not buy a kit every year more people will buy a kit every few years rather than buy one and stick with it for a decade until they're too fat for it.

The other thing working against kits lasting multiple years is the negative connotations surrounding player name/number on the back. If that became more ubiquitous, then player movement would drive higher kit sales numbers and relieve the pressure of developing a full new kit line each season.

Probably not though, it's become accepted practice now and the numbers say it results in higher sales.

I suspect the grey is actually some kind of embossing in the fabric like we used to get in the 90's a lot.
Looks like off the back of this season light blue kit, Nike is going for retro looks

Woukd we still have 4 kits even if we missed out on Europe all together. Teams only usually have 4 kits for that reason. Mind u be a first for the Premier I suppose Tottenham typical

I think four kits is ridiculous. I'm old school and much preferred it when we only had a home and away kit which were replaced on alternate years. I didn't mind spending full price on a shirt because I knew it would last two years.
I do completely understand why there are so many kits though and why they change every year, but now I don't find them good value for money so only buy when they're discounted.

Woukd we still have 4 kits even if we missed out on Europe all together. Teams only usually have 4 kits for that reason. Mind u be a first for the Premier I suppose Tottenham typical

4 kits to raise revenue while Levy tries to get X or Y to up their offers for stadium naming rights and sleeve sponsorship. By £200,000,000

Bedale fc.....bangers and mash kit 20/21
BB67-D79-C-2-A41-4110-82-E0-B606-EA2-CEE33.jpg
As hilarious as that is (Just look at the lost look on their faces)
SURELY the GK's kit shoulda been 'Mushy Pea Green' instead of Butchers Apron Red!
...missed a trick there!

I'm suspecting Bedale FC have previous...

As hilarious as that is (Just look at the lost look on their faces)
SURELY the GK's kit shoulda been 'Mushy Pea Green' instead of Butchers Apron Red!
...missed a trick there!

I'm suspecting Bedale FC have previous...

Was this posted on April 1st? Has to be a joke, surely???

Back
Top Bottom