New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We won’t wear it for any of those. It’s got black shorts, same colour as the home kits of all those teams.

I bought that shirt and I’m wishing I hadn’t as I doubt we’ll wear it more than maybe twice. Once against Leeds, and maybe tomorrow against Stoke. I guess we might also wear it one more time for the sake of it against another team when we don’t really need to.
I like the green one. Way better than the yellow to orange gradient.

I like the green one. Way better than the yellow to orange gradient.

I think we need a yellow kit

for the life of me I never understood when we'd release a blue away kit then another shade of blue for the third kit then we go away to a brighton, Hudersfield, WBA, Blackburn etc and look fucking ridiculous.

Elite away shirt is worth it. Especially if you’re going to use it in any way to exercise. It’s the classiest shirt for some time. Badge is rubber but the fit and feel is so different from the cheap one. It’s clearly a stupid price but the cheap one is a ridiculous price for something so poor.
A seventy quid T-Shirt should never be described as cheap!
Does anyone know why shirts really are so expensive? I used to get one maybe every three years but my last one has van Der vaart on it. Just can't bring myself to spend that amount of money. Are shirt sales rising year on year to justify the high prices? Or is it like the TV deals where they keep overpaying to get the rights that they just pass on to the fan?

....and so it begins!
Won't be long before we look like something out of the French or South American leagues: walking/running Billboards!!

A seventy quid T-Shirt should never be described as cheap!
Does anyone know why shirts really are so expensive? I used to get one maybe every three years but my last one has van Der vaart on it. Just can't bring myself to spend that amount of money. Are shirt sales rising year on year to justify the high prices? Or is it like the TV deals where they keep overpaying to get the rights that they just pass on to the fan?

Because Nike pay us an obscene amount of money to sell shirts with our name on.
They're not gonna give us tens of millions a year and not be able to recoup that money.
They also make kits for Brighton, but they cost £52 for a replica shirt Vs £70 and they don't make an Elite one. Nike obviously don't pay Brighton anywhere near as much as us, Chelsea or Liverpool, ergo, they sell their shirts at a lower price to recoup their "investment"

So, if you want cheaper replica kits, you need our kit maker to sponsor us less money. Then you can have a cheaper shirt and we then can't offer Son and Kane the money they are entitled to earn (vs losing them to a rival who will pay it)

Hope this explains it.

....and so it begins!
Won't be long before we look like something out of the French or South American leagues: walking/running Billboards!!
At least it looks like the logo is going to be navy, but a used car sales company seems a bit too West Ham for my liking

Because Nike pay us an obscene amount of money to sell shirts with our name on.
They're not gonna give us tens of millions a year and not be able to recoup that money.
They also make kits for Brighton, but they cost £52 for a replica shirt Vs £70 and they don't make an Elite one. Nike obviously don't pay Brighton anywhere near as much as us, Chelsea or Liverpool, ergo, they sell their shirts at a lower price to recoup their "investment"

So, if you want cheaper replica kits, you need our kit maker to sponsor us less money. Then you can have a cheaper shirt and we then can't offer Son and Kane the money they are entitled to earn (vs losing them to a rival who will pay it)

Hope this explains it.
Thanks, are shirt sales going up or down? It's like the TV deals, they are now spread around 3 or 4 companies but they couldn't be attracting lots of new customers. But the TV guys keep paying more for the deals. There has to be a breaking point with these things.
More affordable shirts would equal more sales wouldn't it?

Thanks, are shirt sales going up or down? It's like the TV deals, they are now spread around 3 or 4 companies but they couldn't be attracting lots of new customers. But the TV guys keep paying more for the deals. There has to be a breaking point with these things.
More affordable shirts would equal more sales wouldn't it?
Ours are. Gone from about £55 through £60, £65 and now £70
But our income has gone up with it. It's swings and round abouts really. Nike must have done the numbers before agreeing to pay us what they did. It was a very long term deal as well, much longer than these deals usually last.
I would love to get hold of sales stats for kits at the start of the season at full price vs mid-season when they start knock them out for 50% off.
Sure does feel like you see more fans wearing them after January for the last few years

Back
Top Bottom