New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I got the third kit a few weeks ago from.soccer00. I thought it looked alright in the photos I'd seen, but I think it looks worse in person. I shoulda just got the home or away. :mourfacepalm:
I have it , It’s horrible . It’ll be a collector’s item in 20 ’years.

6-F0-BF520-256-C-449-C-BD09-0-C529344-FE62.jpg

bayern octoberfest kit……..fuck me kits being released for anything we’ve just did Halloween

We are the only big team in the PL I have ever seen wear the PL numbers in the cups. We have different numbers that we wear in Europe, as do other clubs (see Wolves tonight), but everyone else wears the other numbers for everything that isn't the PL, which makes implicit sense.

This does my head in for some reason, because I can't think of a possible reason why we would do this. It has always been this way as long as I can remember.

We used to wear the European numbers in all cup competitions at one point, but then just reverted to PL numbers.
one thing I found really odd was that we wore the PL numbers, complete with sleeve patch, in the Conference League qualifier the other week. And we wore navy shorts instead of white too. It’s almost as though they refused to treat it as a European game at all

We are the only big team in the PL I have ever seen wear the PL numbers in the cups. We have different numbers that we wear in Europe, as do other clubs (see Wolves tonight), but everyone else wears the other numbers for everything that isn't the PL, which makes implicit sense.

This does my head in for some reason, because I can't think of a possible reason why we would do this. It has always been this way as long as I can remember.

82-BB5309-9-FC6-4-BE2-9532-56195-BB6-E80-E.jpg

the above image is of the away shirt on eBay are both the fans shirt & elite version heat pressed badges?
Yeah, and even if they weren’t, Nike wouldn’t embroider our badge like that. We’d have some shitty sewn on thing

I've been interested in this anomoly for a while too!

I wouldn't bet against pure tight-assery being the reason for it.

Speaking of this though, I would love to see our branding updated a little. The font used for our names+numbers has never looked that great to me. While it's commendable we've stuck with a single style for so long it's disappointing that it's one that's not particularly strong imo.

Thinking of it now though, we have broken the mold a couple of times. The third kit in Nike's first season had a unique typeface. And I think around 2006 puma gave us the font Italy etc used at the world cup

I've been interested in this anomoly for a while too!

I wouldn't bet against pure tight-assery being the reason for it.

Speaking of this though, I would love to see our branding updated a little. The font used for our names+numbers has never looked that great to me. While it's commendable we've stuck with a single style for so long it's disappointing that it's one that's not particularly strong imo.

Thinking of it now though, we have broken the mold a couple of times. The third kit in Nike's first season had a unique typeface. And I think around 2006 puma gave us the font Italy etc used at the world cup
The reason they haven't changed it is the typeface is consistent with the overall Spurs branding, but I notice this is used less and less on the club website, so maybe they'll rebrand soon.

They should've done it in line for the stadium opening.

Back
Top Bottom