New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's funny... h
If Nike could just copy this...
tottenham-hotspur-1982-1983-le-coq-sportif-paul-price-centenary-match-worn-shirt-a.jpg

It's funny, having worn that exact top, (an original, not one bought on e-bay, thank you very much) until mine falls apart, I don't have to worry about having to buy a new, plain and simple kit for matchdays... but it wouldn't half be nice to see the players wearing one!

I remember getting the 1978 and 1981 kits at Ted Ditchburn's old sports shop just behind Romford Market (in the days when replica kits weren't that easy to come by) I still have the rather faded, rather small '81 kit... 'and sadly, I didn't have the bloody foresight to get an adult size when I was a kid or i'd still be wearing it!

BTW, when did the design of kits become shit in general? I reckon after Euro '96 a lot of English football kits went down the pan... we've threatened to join them on several occasions... but apart from a few corkers post '90s onwards, we can't seem to just leave well alone, and have a kit designed that harks back to the plain, simple and classy Glory days of Kits that everyone who follows football genuinely seems to crave!
Tottenham Hotspur - Historical Football Kits

Other kit designers seem to be finally getting the message (some of the Adidas ones are looking pretty decent this year) and I think we will get a plainer, simpler kit this time from Nike... I hope!

Last edited:
It's funny... h

It's funny, having worn that exact top (an original, not one bought on e-bay, thank you very much) until mine falls apart, I don't have to worry about having to buy a new, plain and simple kit for matchdays... but it wouldn't half be nice to see the players wearing one!

I remember getting the 1978 and 1981 kits at Ted Ditchburn's old sports shop in Romford (in the days when replica kits weren't that easy to come by) I still have the rather faded, rather small '81 kit... 'and sadly, I didn't have the bloody foresight to get an adult size when I was a kid or i'd still be wearing it!

BTW, when did the design of kits become shit in general? I reckon after Euro '96 a lot of English football kits went down the pan... we've threatened to join them on several occasions... but apart from a few corkers post '90s onwards, we can't seem to just leave well alone, and have a kit designed that harks back to the plain, simple and classy Glory days of Kits that everyone who follows football genuinely seems to crave!
Tottenham Hotspur - Historical Football Kits

Other kit designers seem to be finally getting the message (some of the Adidas ones are looking pretty decent this year) and I think we will get a plainer, simpler kit this time from Nike... I hope!

I think our kits turned shit around the same time we did. Getting Pony as a kit manufacturer sent us down hill. Very sliding doors moment turning down Bergkamp and getting Chris Armstrong.

I think our kits turned shit around the same time we did. Getting Pony as a kit manufacturer sent us down hill. Very sliding doors moment turning down Bergkamp and getting Chris Armstrong.
I don't think we even got the chance to turn Bergkamp down... didn't David Dein abduct him halfway down the Tottenham High Road and dump him in the boot of a cab going in the opposite direction or summit?

s'what I heard...

Sponsors on the front of shirts look shit in general but AIA is up there with chevrolet as the worst going around. Red, big and a shit font. I know we get money but it's truly awful
Plus the shirt is white and very light blue, so it dwarfs the Nike logo and cockerel and makes it look a bit like a white and red shirt. Ugh.

#NeverRed

yeah just reeks of marketing...how can we distance ourselves from UA...we'll tweek the existing modern version by lobbing a shield around it and talk of heritage.

I like our existing badge, to me it looks clean, crisp and a nod to the past with the style of the ball.
It works.

whereas now your eye sees the shield. (by that i mean you see the outline of the shield rather than the cock, never a good thing)

ultimately its all subjective of course.

yeah just reeks of marketing...how can we distance ourselves from UA...we'll tweek the existing modern version by lobbing a shield around it and talk of heritage.

I like our existing badge, to me it looks clean, crisp and a nod to the past with the style of the ball.
It works.

whereas now your eye sees the shield. (by that i mean you see the outline of the shield rather than the cock, never a good thing)

ultimately its all subjective of course.
I just think the whole shield thing is naff. Reminds me of Arse's new badge. A clean logo is much better and ours is mint.

Back
Top Bottom