New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those are sexy. Especially the Navy one... which will never get worn. They will probably end up playing in some hideous chartreuse and magenta 3rd kit more than that glorious blue one.

Say what you want about the whole nike templates but at least they keep things simple I don't really want a reincarnation of the seat belt design we had before. Saying that i've probably jinxed it now.

Imagine if people ONLY bought the Navy one?? Wouldn't half send out a message!

To be honest, I think we'll be in the minority. The club is trying to grow it's global brand. Expect a lot of shirt sales growth in Asia and America. Who let's face it won't be bothered by the historical 'never red' campaign as they won't know about it.

To be honest, I think we'll be in the minority. The club is trying to grow it's global brand. Expect a lot of shirt sales growth in Asia and America. Who let's face it won't be bothered by the historical 'never red' campaign as they won't know about it.

Clubs make fuck all from shirt sales, almost all of it goes to the manufacturer. It's the ROI for the tens of millions they pay the clubs.

The idea that shirt sales can fund a player is a myth, for example

Clubs make fuck all from shirt sales, almost all of it goes to the manufacturer. It's the ROI for the tens of millions they pay the clubs.

The idea that shirt sales can fund a player is a myth, for example
I'd imagine that the money clubs make comes overwhelmingly from printing player names, and virtually nothing from the shirt itself besides a sales commission stemming from sales on the club website only.

This is an AIA/Spurs thing... NOT a Nike thing. Nike will put whatever they're told to on the front of the shirts, (unless it's "Adidas or Puma"!) But as far as spomsorships are concerned, they don't give a shit what colour it is..

But you know how Spurs (and I mean the business side of Spurs) are desperately trying to appeal to the Aisan/Global market...?
Well here's a thought... Why not get Nike to manufacture the kits with RED AIA logos to sell abroad for those who 'believe in that stuff' (although they're probably made over there... so they'd even save SHIPPING COSTS!) ...and then have a NAVY logo for those fans who still WANT the new kit... but not at the expense of their moral colour-coded beliefs!

They make female kits to accommodate Womanly shapes now... so why not 'accommodate' some of us petty Spurs fans who hate the colour red on OUR kits?

This whole issue is purely down to a "Lucky colour" ...so surely the people up at AIA Towers can understand the concept of people having an unlucky colour too?!

Last edited:
This is an AIA/Spurs thing... NOT a Nike thing. Nike will put whatever they're told to on the front of the shirts, (unless it's "Adidas or Puma"!) But as far as spomsorships are concerned, they don't give a shit what colour it is..

But you know how Spurs (and I mean the business side of Spurs) are desperately trying to appeal to the Aisan/Global market...?
Well here's a thought... Why not get Nike to manufacture the kits with RED AIA logos to sell abroad for those who 'believe in that stuff' (although they're probably made over there... so they'd even save SHIPPING COSTS!) ...and then have a NAVY logo for those fans who still WANT the new kit... but not at the expense of their moral colour-coded beliefs!

They make female kits to accommodate Womanly shapes now... so why not 'accommodate' some of us petty Spurs fans who hate the colour red on OUR kits?

This whole issue is purely down to a "Lucky colour" ...so surely the people up at AIA Towers can understand the concept of people having an unlucky colour too?!

Just get Nike to produce a sponsorless shirt, job done.

Back
Top Bottom