New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could just be me thinking this, but does anyone else see a correlation between this deal and the trajectory of the club?

Long gone are the days where our kits were made by "illustrious" sportswear brands, such as; Pony, Kappa or Puma.

I can't help but think this symbolises where we are heading now, when I see "Nike", I think "global brand", when I see "Kappa", I think "if you put your hand over the top half, it looks like a lass spreading her legs"...

Coupled with the new stadium, it feels as though we have now well and truly arrived in the big boy club.

I agree.

Its always been Adidas or Nike for the elite top clubs to be honest and I feel like we are now joining that brand. We went from Kappa to Puma which was a step up, then we expanded our global base by moving to Under Armour and then continuing to do so by moving to one of, if not the biggest brands in the world.

Its almost poetic that we've moved to Nike whilst Woolwich are now with Puma instead. As if there was a shift of power.

Anyone else find it strange that as of right now this supposed "partnership" is only for one year?

Multi-year > 1 year

giphy.gif

Could just be me thinking this, but does anyone else see a correlation between this deal and the trajectory of the club?

Long gone are the days where our kits were made by "illustrious" sportswear brands, such as; Pony, Kappa or Puma.

I can't help but think this symbolises where we are heading now, when I see "Nike", I think "global brand", when I see "Kappa", I think "if you put your hand over the top half, it looks like a lass spreading her legs"...

Coupled with the new stadium, it feels as though we have now well and truly arrived in the big boy club.

Le Coque always seemed quite fitting.

TBH, bearing in mind we also previously had Adidas, id guess with the above deals and the likes of hummer they probably made broader financial sense at the time... Otherwise why not just be plastered with Umbro/Admiral throughout the entire 80s/90s like the majority of teams?

ITK cam update.

Still fuck all happening. "Watch" has now been bin bagged" and accompanied by an un-binbagged 'us is'.

Capture.png

I assume eventually it will say "Watch us reveal the new kit with all the pace of a Daniel Levy transfer negotiation"

Update again for the #ITK cam

Capture.png

They appear to have finished what they were putting up - but have cleverly disguised it.

This is obviously to avoid ruining the surprise of knowing what is behind the spurs emblem shaped shrink wrap, or behind the 'WATCH US RISE' shaped shrink wrap.

In other news, Daniel's son is eagerly anticipating Christmas after noticing his dad has done his shopping early. He thinks it might be a Nintendo.

obvious-gift-wrapping-fails-10.jpg

Make no mistake about it... NIKE are unashamed glory hunters!

Like the worst plastic fan, they'll jump on the next successful bandwagon that's shows signs of bringing success... with not a care in the world for who they 'supported' before...

Thing is, seeing as it's OUR MAST they've now nailed their colours to, that must be a good sign of where we're heading... and, just as importantly, where OTHERS see us heading!

If it means Nike back yet another winner, I couldn't care less... I'm just glad it's us this time!

I usually wait until my first trip to club shop (on a match day) before picking up a shirt (only away or 3rd in recent years), but I can see myself ordering a home and away for me and the boy, as soon as they're available.

Back
Top Bottom