New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still the best away kit IMO, we never matched this one.

images

I can never get my head around the fact that our kits are always on sale for weeks elsewhere in the world before they get released/announced in the UK. I don't understand the reasoning.
I think it does happen, I remember the papers in Scotland were full of stories a few years back about Celtic fans on summer holidays in the USA bringing back jerseys from the Nike stores over there a few weeks before the UK release date.

Last edited:
Still the best away kit IMO, we never matched this one.

images
Funny... they say it's a game of opinions
... and IMO this was one shirt that epitomised everything wrong with modern kit manufacturers/designers getting involved...

The 2 tone black/grey were never Spurs colours... and even if they were, they're notoriously hard colours to spot on a football pitch (ask Man Utd!) So both Historically and TECHNICALLY it doesn't work...

And... worst of all.... it was inexplicably used in THAT NLD!
I don't know on what planets' colour palette White/Navy clash with Red so much (they never had in the 100 or so previous years) that Grey/Black was a viable alternative...
but that decision alone SMACKED of corporate Kit manufacturers CONTRACTUALLY DEMANDING their 'quirky modern' kit is 'given a high profile Televised game' ...regardless of whether it makes sense or not... which it didn't!

Losing 5-2 didn't help either!
It will ALWAYS be the Ade kit too... :adewtf:

I despise that kit!

(Yellow collar/sleeve trim was nice mind you... just a shame the rest of it was a complete abomination!!)

There. Now that's off my chest!!

Takes all sorts I suppose. Personally I think our 2017/2018 away kit was just about perfect.

01_YASS17-00002.jpg
I think that is the best shirt in recent years, been trying with no success to get my hands on one for a while, why I didn't just buy one at the time I don't know.
Few here and there, but mostly kids sizes or smaller adult ones. The only ones I have come across so far in my size have names/numbers which I'm not keen on.
I have seen a few videos/sets of instructions on how to remove numbers/lettering from shirts, but if it goes awry then you could ruin the shirt plus white letters/numbers will leave marks on dark shirts I think.

for some reason i thought these shorts were insanely cool in 91

maybe it was because of how they looked on my subbuteo team - afterall, most of what i actually saw of spurs back then was on teletext.

tottenham-91-home-shorts_4_1.jpg

Takes all sorts I suppose. Personally I think our 2017/2018 away kit was just about perfect.

01_YASS17-00002.jpg

I think that is the best shirt in recent years, been trying with no success to get my hands on one for a while, why I didn't just buy one at the time I don't know.
Few here and there, but mostly kids sizes or smaller adult ones. The only ones I have come across so far in my size have names/numbers which I'm not keen on.
I have seen a few videos/sets of instructions on how to remove numbers/lettering from shirts, but if it goes awry then you could ruin the shirt plus white letters/numbers will leave marks on dark shirts I think.

Me ditto...

I often receive a shirt for xmas... Typically not the one I've actually unsubtly hinted at for the past 3 months. :llorishuh:

That shirt is a classic case (as is the dark blue with gold sleeve hoops UA one from 5 years or so ago).

If you ever see an unmarked XXL(*) - PM me bro...

What size you after? ...I'll do the same.

(*Not a whale, just a tall mofo that hate clingy shirts)

for some reason i thought these shorts were insanely cool in 91

maybe it was because of how they looked on my subbuteo team - afterall, most of what i actually saw of spurs back then was on teletext.

tottenham-91-home-shorts_4_1.jpg

Chris Eubank modelled his shorts on these when he met gooner Michael Watson for a fight at The Lane.

boxing-vacant-wbo-super-middleweight-title-fight-chris-eubank-v-michael-G4T5NK.jpg

Me ditto...

I often receive a shirt for xmas... Typically not the one I've actually unsubtly hinted at for the past 3 months. :llorishuh:

That shirt is a classic case (as is the dark blue with gold sleeve hoops UA one from 5 years or so ago).

If you ever see an unmarked XXL(*) - PM me bro...

What size you after? ...I'll do the same.

(*Not a whale, just a tall mofo that hate clingy shirts)
I’m on the hunt for an XXL also. I have huge shoulders - so need an XXL, though they are way too baggy round the middle. Thankfully I have found a friendly tailor that alters them for a fiver 😀
There is one on EBay just now but it’s used with Alderweireld 4 and it’s £55.
Nothing against the big guy I just don’t want one with name/number.

I’m on the hunt for an XXL also. I have huge shoulders - so need an XXL, though they are way too baggy round the middle. Thankfully I have found a friendly tailor that alters them for a fiver 😀
There is one on EBay just now but it’s used with Alderweireld 4 and it’s £55.
Nothing against the big guy I just don’t want one with name/number.

I often get asked if my day job is a marquee pole. :ap:

Ah, well.... If you spot any retail stock with more than one on offer, you know where I am. 👍

Chris Eubank modelled his shorts on these when he met gooner Michael Watson for a fight at The Lane.

boxing-vacant-wbo-super-middleweight-title-fight-chris-eubank-v-michael-G4T5NK.jpg

Nice one.... Forgot how this was also a NLD of sorts.

Eubank/Watson/Benn - Sad outcome, but fuck me their wars were the bollocks as boxing goes.

Back
Top Bottom