New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had a look at our replicas at the weekend (could only find stadium ones) and the £70 shirt is such cheap crap. I’d come round to the green away one but the quality is so poor. Absolute mugs paying for that.

Out of all the PL home kits this year, they rank ours #1 :mourwhat:

It has grown on me for sure. And while I worry it might be a bit much if I bought one, it looks good on the players.

I would give #1 to the Spammers though. When Umbro really goes for a classic look they do lovely work.

Had a look at our replicas at the weekend (could only find stadium ones) and the £70 shirt is such cheap crap. I’d come round to the green away one but the quality is so poor. Absolute mugs paying for that.
Got the green for the kid, it's really nice. Didn't pay 70

But do you understand why? Anyone could say that there are several reasons.
You're not gonna win who wants to be a millionaire with a vague answer...

Jesus Christ , who are you ?
Several
1) Their brand name
2) Greed
3) Supply & demand & peoples just accepting “ it is what it is “
4) Recouping the ££ invested in the sponsorship deal
5) inflation

The cost of production has declined due to cheap labour & amount made so none of these reasons are justified

I have nike barcelona and psg shirts from the late 90s and the decline in quality from then compared to now is staggering even as the price went up

dQwoqdB.jpg

What I can't get over with the "stadium" shirts is the crap badge. Looks so cheap.
Yeah, agreed. So inferior to how it was on the Under Armour shirts.

The best thing about the stadium third shirt from the CL final season was it was a heat transfer, rather than that sew on badge that all the others have.

You can see why they went with the shield on the first Nike shirts now. At least it doesn't look so cheap and nasty

Jesus Christ , who are you ?
Several
1) Their brand name
2) Greed
3) Supply & demand & peoples just accepting “ it is what it is “
4) Recouping the ££ invested in the sponsorship deal
5) inflation

The cost of production has declined due to cheap labour & amount made so none of these reasons are justified
Part 4 is all you, as a Spurs fan should care about.

It's a vicious cycle. You, I, we, all want Spurs to succeed. We want to buy players and we want to pay the best players the best wages.
Nike give us a very decent sum of money and then take most of the profit from the shirts sold.

You could have a £40 replica shirt and it could be made by Diadira and we could have barely any money coming in the door.

Everyone and their uncle knows the shirts aren't worth their sum in parts. It seems barely anyone understands that our desperation for success is what is driving the cost up.

You appear to be at peace with not buyong one. The Non-Nike Official Spurs gear isn't bad and much cheaper. And That goes to the club when you buy it.

There's options for everyone. Sometimes people act as if their life depends on buying a shirt they don't like or can't afford.
I haven't bought a home shirt since the first Nike one, it's plain white and still works.

It's a vicious cycle. You, I, we, all want Spurs to succeed. We want to buy players and we want to pay the best players the best wages.
Nike give us a very decent sum of money and then take most of the profit from the shirts sold.

You could have a £40 replica shirt and it could be made by Diadira and we could have barely any money coming in the door.

Everyone and their uncle knows the shirts aren't worth their sum in parts. It seems barely anyone understands that our desperation for success is what is driving the cost up.

You appear to be at peace with not buyong one. The Non-Nike Official Spurs gear isn't bad and much cheaper. And That goes to the club when you buy it.

There's options for everyone. Sometimes people act as if their life depends on buying a shirt they don't like or can't afford.
I haven't bought a home shirt since the first Nike one, it's plain white and still works.

Is £37m a year really all that in the current footballing environment ? In it’s possible 15 year deal it’ll be peanuts.

All of them have an affect on me buying one or not . I only use them to run in these days so I use my old ones .

I usually get training gear cos its not sullied with sponsors names. Wait until the end of the year to see if they drop their pants on shirts. I've ordered a third shirt at 20 quid, and I'm gonna see if I can get the AIA of it and try to get away with it on the golf course

I usually get training gear cos its not sullied with sponsors names. Wait until the end of the year to see if they drop their pants on shirts. I've ordered a third shirt at 20 quid, and I'm gonna see if I can get the AIA of it and try to get away with it on the golf course
Agree. I’m hoping there will be some classic yellow / navy stuff to complement the third shirt. My last yellow training gear is much loved but a bit scruffed up now.

DJjUrS6WsAEjHbp.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom