New manager? - POLL ADDED

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do we want to replace Pochettino?

• De Boer

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Benitez

• Klopp

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Guardiola

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mark Warburton

• Russell Slade

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pellegrini

• Sherwood

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Keep Pochettino

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • John Carver

Votes: 20 9.5%

• Total voters
de Boer - someone who has lost a cup final to PEC Zwolle 5-1, absolutely zero Prem experience.
Klopp, Guardiola, Pellegrini, Ancelotti - no chance.
Warburton - what make you think he'd do any better than Poch?
Slade - seriously?
Sherwood - lol

That ultimately leaves Benitez and Pulis. I'd prefer Benitez over Pulis and Benitez was my first choice when we got rid of AVB and it was obvious Sherwood was going, but we ended up with Pochettino who has my full backing, I'm not basing him or our average time on nothing games at the end of the season.

If we are still performing this way this time next season then maybe it is time to look elsewhere, but for now. Keep Poch.

If Man City sack Pellegrini, I think there is a chance. After being sacked by Real Madrid, he joined Malaga after that.

What foundation is that?
The shit squad that needs replacing? Or the beautiful football and tactical flexibility he is exercising?

Like I've said, we have seen glimpses of brilliance in the way we played this season (The Woolwich game being the one that stands out). Yes, since then we've been pretty bad. I think we can all agree, Poch has his favourite 11-15 players, some would say that's a good starting foundation - something to build on.

He's had a full season now to settle in at Tottenham, next season we will all expect more - I'm aware of that and he is probably aware of that too. Poch said he wants to target players with Premier League experience, or those that will be able to play in the style of football we want. HOPEFULLY, this means the bedding in period for the new players won't take too long as the tragic seven we signed last year and we won't have to use the excuse of a transitional season.

Potentially.

But why would he do any better at Spurs than Pochettino?

Like I said earlier, he is alot more experienced than Poch. Has success at smaller clubs like Villarreal and Malaga. If Poch is given so much credit for our league cup run(wins over championship clubs), then Pellegrini achievements of leading Villarreal and Malaga to the semis and quarters respectively is even greater.

Comparing Poch resume to Pellegrini is a joke. Poch has not even prove that he is better than Sherwood.

If Man City sack Pellegrini, I think there is a chance. After being sacked by Real Madrid, he joined Malaga after that.
Yes he did, but weren't Malaga just taken over by the Qatari's and basically the Man City of Spain?
He outspent every team in La Liga at Malaga in 2011.
When the Qatari's pulled their money, they sold Monreal, Cazorla, Rondon & Mathijsen to raise some dough and players went unpaid on a reg, but he did well still.
However, they were banned from Europe etc the next season. He then left, is now at Man City, the Malaga of the UK, who are somehow still getting away with it.

We ave no chance of even getting De Boer. We had no chance of getting Van Gaal. We have no chance of getting ANY of the sort of managers who need to be able to spend big money to buy players.
If Van Gaal would have come to us he would not have ben able to spend on the Di Maria's, Herrera's, blinds etc, etc & would have failed to get us top 4 with this squad. I would bet my life savings on it.
He just about did it with Man U's spending power without the hindrance of European football.
So, unless we find a Wenger, which there is no chance because the league now is, in a coaching sense, much more technically adept. Dien at least had the foresight to see the archaic way of the English game and realised it must be changed whilst our alternative was Christian fucking Gross.
Since Terry Neil left us for Woolwich they have had 4 managers. We are on our 18th.
The last thing we need is a new fucking manager. We may need someone with a bit of footballing nous fucking choosing them though!

Last edited:
Yes he did, but weren't Malaga just taken over by the Qatari's and basically the Man City of Spain?
He outspent every team in La Liga at Malaga in 2011.
When the Qatari's pulled their money, they sold Monreal, Cazorla, Rondon & Mathijsen to raise some dough and players went unpaid on a reg, but he did well still.
However, they were banned from Europe etc the next season. He then left, is now at Man City, the Malaga of the UK, who are somehow still getting away with it.

Like you said, even when key players were sold in the 2nd season, he still did pretty well. Isn't that the most important thing especially when we always sell our best players?

Some of you are taking past experiences like they mean something when managing Tottenham. How is managing Villarreal over 10 years ago comparable to managing Tottenham in 2015? Villarreal were a relatively good side with some real good players. Like mentioned, he then managed Real Madrid who are top dogs in Spain, Malaga who outspent everyone and now Man City who also outspend everyone. Even then, he's done relatively shit this year.

I like Pellegrini, he seems a nice guy. Very stubborn though and doesn't tend to change his ways (like most managers), but at the end of the day Juande Ramos was also good in Spain. Next you'll be calling for Unai Emery to take over.

To bad Laudrup wasn't mentioned. It may be that Laudrup is only able to stay interested for one season, but at least he can really make a team tick for that one season. Can't help thinking what he could do with these players, when you consider what he did with an arguably poorer bunch of players at Swansea.

Like I said earlier, he is alot more experienced than Poch. Has success at smaller clubs like Villarreal and Malaga. If Poch is given so much credit for our league cup run(wins over championship clubs), then Pellegrini achievements of leading Villarreal and Malaga to the semis and quarters respectively is even greater.
The gap between stable La Liga sides (such as Villarreal, Athletic Club etc) and Spanish Second Division clubs is way bigger compared to Premier League clubs and say League One clubs.

Back
Top Bottom