New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im happy if its Pochettino....obviously has the ambition, and likes his teams to play the game the right way.

The biggest bonus is getting it done early, instead of the players hearing about it from a training camp in Brazil.

Shame it already feels like some people are sharpening the knives though.

Frank de Boer is by no means a 'dark horse', he's on the road to managerial stardom just like Ancelotti was a couple of decades ago after he finished his career as a player.

If a manager is good enough, it doesn't matter so much if they have limited managerial experience - Pep Guardiola has proved that (but of course it is the 'safer' option). De Boer has trodden a similar path in that he started off working with the Acadmey at Ajax before taking the top job. He'll be in a 'top' managerial job within five years IMO (Barca, Man United, Juventus etc)

If we do hire him I hope to god your right. Promises of "he's the next Guardiola" fall on deaf ears with me, how many times have we heard it before, especially more recently with AvB.

Maybe it's the managers who lack the ambition to take spurs to glory, more worried about ruining their reputation by failing to achieve the clubs targets.

I don't know about bigger managers, LvGs link now seems more like a private declaration of "come and get me utd". I don't suppose we've ever been seriously linked with names much bigger, Capello, Hiddink and Benitez have been mentioned but never seriously. I do feel that is where we need to be aiming regardless.

I'd go with de Boer over Pochettino. I think Pochettino is flattered, 8th is exactly where they should have finished this season with the players they have- I don't even think they're a million miles behind us..

Do you really think an ex-player of the biggest club in Italy will come to Spurs?!

1287499330_keane.jpg

Depends whether its his dream or not.

Do you really think an ex-player of the biggest club in Italy will come to Spurs?!
Yes i do, he's turned Juventus around and could well be looking for a new challenge. Spurs are a sleeping giant, an extremely well run club on the verge of building a new stadium. We just never seem to get that final piece of the jigsaw. Baldini know's who is the best coach in Italy and it's not Benitez.

Yes i do, he's turned Juventus around and could well be looking for a new challenge. Spurs are a sleeping giant, an extremely well run club on the verge of building a new stadium. We just never seem to get that final piece of the jigsaw. Baldini know's who is the best coach in Italy and it's not Benitez.
Juventus are twice the club Spurs will ever be mate. Conte wouldn't touch the job with a fucking bargepole

Juventus are twice the club Spurs will ever be mate. Conte wouldn't touch the job with a fucking bargepole
Agree mate. The other month people were shouting we should go for Ancellotti. FFS!! Why would he leave RM?? We have to be realistic. Pochettino or FDB is our limit at the present. Until we start winning cups and move to a lovely new stadium, we have to hope for the best.

Agree mate. The other month people were shouting we should go for Ancellotti. FFS!! Why would he leave RM?? We have to be realistic. Pochettino or FDB is our limit at the present. Until we start winning cups and move to a lovely new stadium, we have to hope for the best.
For sure, people can't just bleat people's names out at will and think that we have a realistic chance of attaining them. We are, at present, the 6th best team in England (and a financial clout similar to that). Frank De Boer is the best we can hope for, and even he looks more likely to stay at a club that is much more stable and welcoming than ours.

I'm not comparing clubs, the fact remains that Conte is considering his future, he feels he may have brought Juve as far as he can. Italy is no longer the target of the worlds top players, other leagues have more cash to spend on players. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom