New Season Fixtures

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brighton & Hove Albion (a) – remains Sunday 31 January, kick-off now 7.15pm - Sky Sports
Chelscum (h) - now Thursday 4 February, kick-off 8pm - BT Sport
Manchester City (a) - remains Saturday 13 February, kick-off now 5.30pm - Sky Sports
Burnley (h) - now Sunday 28 February, kick-off 2pm - Sky Sports.

Further information regarding our home match against West Bromwich Albion and our away match against Wet Spam (both of which will need to move out of their current Saturday slots due to matches being played on the preceding Thursdays) will follow in due course.

It is the Wednesday against Wolfsberger.

Both us and Woolwich cannot play at home on same date per competition rules, and with us having the lower coefficient we have to move to different date, and has to be a 5pm kick-off so not to clash with the 8pm Champions League matches (considering could go to extra time and penalties)

Mon25/01/202119:45Wycombe Wanderers FA CUPA
Thu28/01/202120:00LiverpoolH
Sun31/01/202119:15BrightonA
Thu04/02/202120:00ChelseaH
Sun07/02/2021?WBAH
Wed?10/02/2021??Everton/Wednesday FA CUP ?A
Sat13/02/202117:30Manchester CityA
Thu18/02/202117:55Wolfsburger EUROPAA
Sun21/02/2021?West Ham UnitedA
Wed24/02/202117:00Wolfsburger EUROPAH
Sun28/02/202114:00BurnleyH

Tricky week 7/2/21 to 13/2/21 if we beat Wycombe.
And the OS has Wolfsburger home down as a Wednesday??
Written in the stars that we will play Wednesday on a Wednesday.

There is a free midweek for catch up fixtures anyway scheduled, midweek commencing 2nd March.

Could well see us playing then, and FA Cup Quarter Final day, 21st March against Villa, first midweek of March for Fulham (which clashes with League Cup Final) or Southampton

Last edited:
There is a free midweek for catch up fixtures anyway scheduled, midweek commencing 2nd March.

Could well see us playing then, and FA Cup Quarter Final day, 21st March against Villa, first midweek of March for Fulham (which clashes with League Cup Final) or Southampton

Fulham game now scheduled for Thursday 4th March (6pm)
Villa scheduled for Sunday 21st March (7.30 pm)

I've tried to work this out and bare with

Man City play us on April 25th

In the Matchweek beginning April 17th Tottenham are due to play Everton and Manchester City are due to play Aston Villa.

If Everton beat Manchester City in the FA Cup Quarter-finals in March then Everton v Tottenham will be moved to the midweek so probably April 21st

If Manchester City beat Everton in the FA Cup Quarter-finals in March then Aston Villa v Man City will be moved to the midweek so probably April 21st.
If this scenario happens then Tottenham are very unlikely to have a fixture in midweek whereas Man City would have a fixture giving Tottenham an advantage. The only way I believe Tottenham could have a fixture in this scenario is if Bournemouth beat Southampton in the FA Cup Quarter-finals. If Bournemouth beat Southampton then their fixture wouldn't have to be re-arranged to the midweek meaning the already posponed Tottenham v Southampton fixture could be moved to that week.

Tottenham and Man City if both still in Europe will have midweek games on the Wednesday and Thursday after . Would Man City see the Champions league as a priority and rotate for the cup final? Maybe. But even if they rotate a bit their team is still so strong.

(By the way I might have made a big mistake with these fixture calculations , I assume they will just moved posponed fixtures due to the fa cup to the next available midweek but this may be an incorrect assumption and I'll delete this post if I get news that this isn't how it will work)
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Nope I think its unlikely that we have a fixture advantage now unless the Premier league schedule it in a completly different way to what I would assume.

We will have a chance if our first XI is available and we play to a very high level 😂
The best case scenario from what I can work out is this.

Assuming City and Tottenham reach the QF'S of the Champions league and Europa league

Wednesday 14th - City play in the QF
Sunday 18th - City play in the FA Cup SF (If they beat Everton in the QF)
Wednesday 21st - City play Aston Villa in the Premier league
Sunday 25th - CUP FINAL

Thursday 15th - Tottenham play in the QF
Wednesday 21st - Tottenham play Everton in the Premier league (If Everton beat City in the QF'S)
Sunday 25th - CUP FINAL

So actually we could get a few extra rest days but in order for this best case scenario to happen we'd have to rely on Everton to beat City in the FA Cup Quarter-finals which is highly unlikely and then in fact even then it would mean that City just play their game v Aston Villa at the weekend and have no game in the midweek so its probably not even an advantage.

The fixture plan I just made actually is impossible to happen because it would require City to lose and win the same game which isn't possible 😂

You know what there is no best case scenario.

Let's just see what happens both Spurs and City will have a very similar fixture schedule approaching this game - That's my conclusion. No advantage in terms of fixture scheduling.

The only minor advantage is that if both teams progress to the SF'S in Europe , City play Wednesday and Spurs play Thursday so perhaps that plays in City's mind and the Champions league is the holy grail for them now..

Last edited:
The best case scenario from what I can work out is this.

Assuming City and Tottenham reach the QF'S of the Champions league and Europa league

Wednesday 14th - City play in the QF
Sunday 18th - City play in the FA Cup SF (If they beat Everton in the QF)
Wednesday 21st - City play Aston Villa in the Premier league
Sunday 25th - CUP FINAL

Thursday 15th - Tottenham play in the QF
Wednesday 21st - Tottenham play Everton in the Premier league (If Everton beat City in the QF'S)
Sunday 25th - CUP FINAL

So actually we could get a few extra rest days but in order for this best case scenario to happen we'd have to rely on Everton to beat City in the FA Cup Quarter-finals which is highly unlikely and then in fact even then it would mean that City just play their game v Aston Villa at the weekend and have no game in the midweek so its probably not even an advantage.

The fixture plan I just made actually is impossible to happen because it would require City to lose and win the same game which isn't possible 😂

You know what there is no best case scenario.

Let's just see what happens both Spurs and City will have a very similar fixture schedule approaching this game - That's my conclusion. No advantage in terms of fixture scheduling.

The only minor advantage is that if both teams progress to the SF'S in Europe , City play Wednesday and Spurs play Thursday so perhaps that plays in City's mind and the Champions league is the holy grail for them now..
1 last post here is what would happen in terms of fixturing to sum it up
(assuming both teams progress in the Europa league and Champions league)

If City beat Everton in the FA CUP Quarter finals
TottenhamCity
15/4 - EL QF14/4 - CL QF
18/4 - Everton in the Premier league18/4 - FA CUP SF
21/4 - Southampton in the Premier league21/4 - Aston Villa in the Premier league
25/4 - CUP FINAL25/4 - CUP FINAL

If Everton beat City in the FA CUP Quarter finals
TottenhamCity
15/4 - EL QF14/4 - CL QF
No weekend fixture18/4 - Aston Villa in the Premier league
21/4 - Everton in the Premier leagueNo midweek fixture
25/4 - CUP FINAL25/4 - CUP FINAL

So basically there is no fixture advantage.

Sheff U and Leeds dates and times:

Sun25/04/202116:00Manchester CityW
Sun02/05/202119:15Sheffield UnitedH
Sat08/05/202112:30Leeds UnitedA
Wed12/05/2021?WolverhamptonH
Sat15/05/2021?Aston VillaH
Sun23/05/202116:00Leicester CityA

Wolves game confirmed as a swap to Sunday but Villa still TBC:

Sat08/05/202112:30Leeds UnitedA
TBCTBCTBCAston VillaH
Sun16/05/202114:05WolvesH
Sun23/05/202116:00Leicester CityA
I hope with fans likely to be allowed into Villa game that they do not pander to the Media and play matches midweek at say 6pm. All tuesday/wednesday/Thursday. The broadcasters have multiple sports channels. Use them and do not inconvenience the supporters.

Back
Top Bottom