'New signingsless' Spurs vs Roma|| Thu 3AM GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seemed a good idea staying up all night to watch Spurs. Not seeming such a good idea now though.

200.gif

Our workplace is boiling, some monotonous tasks to do today...and I stayed up all night (albeit grabbed 2 hours sleep before the game).

Spent most of the morning nodding off every few minutes.

:pochfacepalm:

Amos does the simple thing well.
Started a bit dodgy, running about looked a bit lost. But settled in really well for a kid up against some decent opposition.
All those that said Lamela can’t use his right foot.
Cross for Moura to volley at back door and Llorente tap in, right foot.
Lots of right footed passes too.
Anyone who claims he’s shit I really don’t know what football means to you.

Sissoko is the water carrier of the team, as Ginola would say.

We will get ripped apart v Barcelona though if we play like that at the back. Our defence was non existent at times, and very sloppy.
I’m sorry to say, but CCV isn’t going to make it at Spurs.

Good first result - tempered with cautious optimism for the coming weeks/months
On a separate subject, I can't believe how ridiculous the kit looks. The designers need locking up. From afar it looks like their shorts are up around their chest!
TRUMP-GOLF_grande.jpg

It wont be long before Lamella (and/or Dele, Son) start training/playing with their shorts rolled up (a la Ronaldo)

Amos does the simple thing well.
Started a bit dodgy, running about looked a bit lost. But settled in really well for a kid up against some decent opposition.
All those that said Lamela can’t use his right foot.
Cross for Moura to volley at back door and Llorente tap in, right foot.
Lots of right footed passes too.
Anyone who claims he’s shit I really don’t know what football means to you.

Sissoko is the water carrier of the team, as Ginola would say.

I am one of those saying that Lamela isn't good enough for us (but don't think I've ever said he's shit). I would like to see him sold, not just for our sake, but also for his. The lad is obviously quality, but the PL just seems to be too fast paced for him. I think he'd shine in pretty much any other league. He tends to show more in lower-intensity games, imo.

Just finished the game on a replay and here are my thoughts on the starters and a feeble attempt to rate them:

Vorm: Not much to do apart from some routine saves once Roma's goal went in. A solid middle of the road 5.
Aurier: Very industrious. Worked his ass off for the entire 90 and contributed on both ends. Still gets caught up field from time to time but not in as dangerous situations as he did last season. 7
CCV: Has benefited massively from his loan. Looked calm for most of the game. His main problem was his height. 6
Davies: Uncomfortable start but grew into the game. Mainly there to keep track of Cameron. 6
KWP: Much like Aurier but without the outpoot in the final third. A 6.
Eriksen: Honestly looked like he was playing in second gear for his entire stay. Was mainly on for the minutes and to direct Amos. 5.
Amos: Very industrious and showcased himself throughout the game. Looked very confident when playing next to Christian and became a bit less comfortable once he went off but that is to be expected. 6
Sissoko: Active throughout the game and plays a supporting role in the team and does so well. He was everywhere on the pitch and slotted in where he was needed at the time. Fulfills an important role in the lineup in that he works out of central midfield to move out and play backup to other players (Aurier, KWP, Amos, Lucas etc) and allowing them to do their thing. 6
Lamela: Industrious and worked to fill the offensive pivot role that is usually Christian's. 6
Lucas: Man of the match for me. He is going to be very important to us. 9
Llorente: Leaner, fitter and more in sync with the rest of the team. If he gets minutes he will deliver for us this season. This looked like the Llorente at Swansea. 7

Some nice little easter eggs I've noticed in this match:
-KWP with a delicious left-footed first half cross
-Lamela with a delicious right-footed first half cross
-Ben Davies looking lean and more fit than ever before
-Same for LLorente

The Barca game is on Virgin tv , some channel called Premier Sports which they’ve given us as they’ve lost a million channels

Back
Top Bottom