New Spurs kit (unveiled July 12)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: New Spurs kit

Burko said:
My track record of names on shirts is so bad that i either get "Burko" or nothing.....

Some highlights include Sheringham, Kanoute, Keane, and Defoe, all just before they left.

Huddlestone just before he changed number....

Then the collection of Davies, Acimovic, Taarabt, Berbatov, Rebrov and Carr. All for one reason or another i regret.

I think I would have stopped after Acimovic mate.

I've got 9/10 home Defoe, 10/11 away Bale and 10/11 away van der Vaart. Number and letters on the Bale jersey started peeling so I took them off altogether. Want to get this season's black kit and I'm torn about whether I should put Assou-Ekotto on the back or just leave it. What if we started putting our TFC / Twitter profile on the back?

Schoolboy'sOwnStuff said:
pdxspur said:
Im gonna get a 2011/2012 Podolski Spurs jersey
Did we sign him this season then?

eh, I was referrencing this dipshit:
Aow6tj5CAAEUSRD.jpg

WilsonJet said:
What if we started putting our TFC / Twitter profile on the back?

After I got my 40th birthday shirt this year - cup edition with my name on the back - for the number I went with 71 (year of birth) rather than 40 - I thought about whether it would have been cooler to have Reptile and the number 16...I think more people at the Lane know me by my online alias...

I’m guna get completely slaughtered by you lot for this but................... I have an obsession for Spurs Jerseys. I have the majority of official Home & Away jerseys dating back to the 70's. (non official ones from TOFFS) Quite a few of the 3rd strip jerseys too and about a dozen or so goalkeeper shirts also. Along with enough Spurs paraphernalia to open a fukin Yido museum, I've had to pay an excess on my home insurance to cover the lot as they are deemed “collectibles.” When I order my shirts from the SpursShop, I always buy 2. 1 to wear down to the supermarket (sorry Kushty) and the other stays in the packet and gets put with all the other ‘collectibles’. My goal is to one day have them all framed and mounted on a wall. (Similar to the West Stand stairway at WHL).

My pride & joy however are the 14x1999/2000 Adidas home shirts and 2 keeper Jerseys I have bagged and in the car at the ready. I play in a warehouse and sometimes indoor league so what ever team I play in, always has matching shirts to wear. Nothing makes me happier than when lads turn up for a match in some poxy red shirt and then have to wear a Lilliwhite for the game!

Collecting jerseys you could say is my hobby and I would never dare dream of selling any of them.

My favourite day of the entire year is the day my jerseys arrive in the mail and I actually make somewhat of a ceremony of it. (yeah, thats sad, I know)

I guess I take ‘for the love of the shirt’ somewhat literally….

Here's a link to my favourite page:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Tottenham_Hotspur/Tottenham_Hotspur.htm

I've never put a player name on my jersey. As for the new one, I just hope they release at least the home kit BEFORE the start of the season!!!

Only ever had one name on my shirt and that was Dumitrescu when I was about 12. Not sure why. Don't really bother buying shirts these days though. I think the last one I bought was the 125 season.

Someone posted on COYS apparently that they spoke with Under Armour and that the kit launch will be 7th July, white home shirt, blue/marine away.

Don't know if this has been posted before, apologies if it has.

I found this link to a J-League team Omiya Ardija, who wear Under Armour kits. The J-League season only started a month or so ago & they are shown modelling their new kit. I haven't seen this UA template before, so it may be a pointer to their template for the coming season.

http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2012/01/25/omiya-ardija-under-armour-2012-kits/

Also a template for someone to maybe mock up a Spurs version?

http://japansoccer-jersey.com/12ardija.html

Also this from Maccabi Tel Aviv as they announce Jordi Cruyff as their new Sporting Director a couple of days ago. OK from the back, but the front? Please don't let it be this one!!

http://www.maccabi-tlv.co.il/News.asp?id=1886&lang=en

Not sure we'd be using an existing template, mainly teams lower down in the food chain use them. I could be wrong on this though.

Not really working for me, but as usual, once you see them wearing it on the pitch, it'll look fine.

33mrkic.jpg

Burko said:
Our current kits are basic templates used by multiple teams aren't they?
I'm not sure on this seasons shirt, last seasons shirt is being used by a couple of teams this season (Nicosia and PAOK), Young Boys had it for their away shirt last season.

AFAIK it wasn't an existing template at the time we had it (if that makes sense).

Yeah it does make sense, I'm thinking Newcastlol this year.

Pretty much identical apart from colour. But yeah thats current.

Back
Top Bottom