New Spurs kit (unveiled July 12)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: New Spurs kit

Not all of us will ever be completely happy with whatever the fuck they come out with.

Even if they released something that's functionally a throwback to the 60's, and is exactly what we've all ever wanted, one of us on here would be complaining about the stitching not being right.

As for myself, I don't like sashes.
:parker:

As4XRlmCEAEyLTj.jpg:large

That'll do nicely for an away kit.

Luda said:
[ Image ]

That'll do nicely for an away kit.

IT NEEDS WHITE SHORTS!!! Jeez these cock-a-doody people just don't get it, do they?

Home kit; White Top/Navy Shorts...
Away Kit; Navy Top/White Shorts...

...don't take a genius with a degree in nuclear physics to work it out, does it?

A couple of observations about the kits lifted from the UA video.

Isn't there something in the shirt regulations that say the rear of a shift has to be plain, hence Newcastle, Stoke etc having plain backs to their shirts? The navy one has grey diagonal stripes on the rear.

Assuming there is a white home shirt with navy shorts, which of the 3 kits would we wear at the Newcastle away game? Home Navy shorts would clash with Newcastle black shorts, Newcastle have a lot of white in their home shirt. Navy shirt would be too close & the white & grey / black / navy halves shirts would be too close.

I may be wrong, but all the shirts look like preliminery sketched ideas to me.

fatfish said:
Assuming there is a white home shirt with navy shorts, which of the 3 kits would we wear at the Newcastle away game? Home Navy shorts would clash with Newcastle black shorts, Newcastle have a lot of white in their home shirt. Navy shirt would be too close & the white & grey / black / navy halves shirts would be too close.
Yellow alternate.

I agree.

I don't know about regulations etc, I just thought the reason designers had blank panels on the back of striped shirts was to force fans into paying extra for names and numbers. Big blank panels on the back look crap. I know Palace have designed their own shirts for next season in house, and pretty sure they got rid of the blank panels due to supporters complaining about that more than anything else.

Under Armour kits are the sort of shit I wore playing U15s. I can't stand it. Too much shit going on. Just plain. With a cockerel. Sorted.

Fair enough, I hadn't noticed that.

The black and white alternate is just awful.

I feel like this
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo[/youtube]

fatfish said:
A couple of observations about the kits lifted from the UA video.

Isn't there something in the shirt regulations that say the rear of a shift has to be plain, hence Newcastle, Stoke etc having plain backs to their shirts? The navy one has grey diagonal stripes on the rear.

I don't think this is the case, as we had pattern on the back of our kits in 2010-11. See http://www.fruugo.co.uk/201011-tottenham-puma-away-shirt-pavlyuchenko-9/p-1572494 Although it may be different having a dramatic change in colour.

fatfish said:

I think you are probably right. Maybe they were designs presented as part of Under Armour's pitch to sign Spurs up, which would mean they were done a year ago. This would also explain how Gomes managed to get his name on the kit.

Back
Top Bottom