New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_mqhrxyb9Tk1qe4o76o3_250.gif

:dembelefingers:

Fella in my local worked on the H& S for the Emirates.
He reckons there were loads of shirts ,not just spurs buried at various places in the ground.Its par for the course i reckon.
He once got a photo done for a Gooner in the pub,this was just before completion,proper picture framed up.The photo had loads of red dots all over it.
The bloke asked what the red dots were,my mate replied " That's all the places i've have had a shit".
Can confirm this 100%, my best mate had two contracts at the Emirates (plumbing) when being built, if a shirt/scarf/banner could fit into a hole or crack then that's where one was stuffed. At every phase of construction, from piling to painting workers left their mark.

I know I’m a few days late on this, and sorry to bring it up again. But I was in on that and just wanted to say a couple things. (A) that kid who was on someone’s shoulders was a legend! I understand why they had to ask for him to not be on someone’s shoulders, but I’m glad they let him be up for a few songs and enjoy it as well! (B) at least one of the stewards was a little sheepish in toning things down. He was genuinely enjoying the atmosphere I think, and it was the beer throwing that they had to roll in and get out. He was talking with some guys, smiling and not a prick at all.

I was in the middle at one point and it was glorious, but truthfully I didn’t want to be covered in beer either. That’s the risk you take of course, and I knew that going in, but given the choice I’d stay dry. Anyway, just saying that I thought the stewards did fine down there.
Oh way oh way oh way....

Don’t we already have rail seating in the South Lower?

Now every other PL club will be building a single tier stand. Making those soulless bowls that are the death star and rented athletics stadium pretty outdated and obsolete.

We do.

Wolves would be the first team to install it in an existing stadium.

Why hasn't it got the NFL pitch markings already ?
It's not as if there going to get washed away by rain/wear.
Potentially NFL isn't going to be the first event on it? I know they're apparently not doing concerts this summer because they want to finish a bit of remaining work. But there could still be something between August and October, or they might even have it out for the CL final since they're putting screens on the pitch that could potentially damage the grass I guess.

Potentially NFL isn't going to be the first event on it? I know they're apparently not doing concerts this summer because they want to finish a bit of remaining work. But there could still be something between August and October, or they might even have it out for the CL final since they're putting screens on the pitch that could potentially damage the grass I guess.
Yes, I get all that but they've put the NFL logo on it and the white band around the pitch, as it's astro why not put all the markings on ?

It's no big deal, just a thought I had.

For those interested in the Regeneration of Tottenham, Spurs appeal against Haringey's refusal to grant planning permission for The Goods Yard Goods Yard Tottenham – Goods Yard Tottenham has been heard - started 8 May but apparently ended last week - by The Planning Inspectorate

There is no date atm for when the Planning Inspectorate will issue their decision.

Haringey of course want to develop the whole of the High Road West area (which includes both Spurs 'The Goods Yard' site and the adjacent B&M site which has also been refused planning permission) as a JV with Lendlease so have a massive conflict of interest in deciding whether to grant Planning Permission or otherwise. A singular failure of ethics ?

Spurs own approximately 40% of the High Road West area, and their redevelopment plans were for circa 40% affordable housing . Spurs Brook House Development, completed a couple of years ago and included rehousing all of the former Love Lane residents who wished to remain in the area had, I think 100% affordable housing and a school etc. Spurs, jointly with Fairview Housing, are also redeveloping 500 White Hart Lane.

So Spurs are certainly doing their bit in redeveloping the area (choosing to redevelop brown field sites so all housing built is additional to current housing in the area) , doing so at a far faster rate than Haringey Council who are noticeable for their very slow progress to get anything done !.

Last edited:
For those who were worried about going to the stadium to watch the CL final and not being able to see the screens from all angles of the stadium.

The screens will be on the pitch for you too.

Back
Top Bottom