New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Latest Google maps satellite image of the stadium showing the NFL pitch.
Great marketing from Mr. Levy.

DQcjCWj.png

Re your point (2)

A) The stadium was built with a height restriction - so that would need to be overturned to build stands higher, and they are built steeply as the width of the plot the stadium is built on is not that wide (sandwiched between two public rights of way ie roads).
B) Bowl shaped stadiums are generally built with minimal expansion potential - its a fundamental consequence of the bowl design unlike the old style 'half barn' stands.
C) Transport options in the area are being expanded to meet the current stadium capacity's 'safe exit' requirements (still to come to meet that is longer trains). So another big increase in transport capacity would be required to increase the stadium.

All of the above help explain why Spurs have increased stadium capacity by several lots of a hundred or two since initially opening the stadium,. And equally explain why the current capacity might rise to say 62,500 - but very very unlikely to ever get to 70k+
Cheers man, that's interesting.

Application for capacity increase to 62,303. Additional Season tickets to be available:

It seems we will see more seats added shortly as well:

Extensive work continues to be undertaken with our architects to identify areas within the stadium where additional seating could be installed – a further application for an increase in capacity will be made in due course.

Thanks for the heads up on this - I threw my hat in the ring😁

anyone know where these new seats are?

Stadium nominated for Civic Trust Award
10 December 2019 | Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has been selected as one of only 49 projects from across the world to be nominated at the 2020 Civic Trust Awards (CTA).
The stadium is also one of only four projects nominated for a Selwyn Goldsmith Award for Universal Design, to be named at the same event held in Manchester on Friday 6 March.

The CTA is an independent, not-for-profit scheme that recognises national and international projects that have made a positive contribution to the local community.

All projects featured will receive either an Award or be Highly Commended, with a number of additional Special Awards presented to winning schemes for excellence in specific areas:

- National Panel Special Award – selected by National Panel members as their favourite scheme from this year’s Award-winning projects.
- Special Award for Sustainability – sponsored by Derwent London and is presented to a project that demonstrates excellent sustainability credentials in terms of overall design parameters, material selection, construction methods and long-term energy consumption.
- Special Award for Community Impact and Engagement – presented to a scheme that has demonstrated how successful community engagement can help deliver the highest standards of design whilst meeting the needs of local people.
- Michael Middleton Special Award – presented as a memorial and tribute to Michael Middleton CBE, who established the Civic Trust Awards in 1959, to an outstanding restoration project or new build within a conservation area.
Meanwhile, the stadium has also been nominated as one of Dezeen’s Top 10 architecture projects of 2019. Dezeen is one of the world’s leading architecture and design journals.

Awards for our new home

The stadium has picked up 11 industry awards since its opening in April in categories including structural engineering, architecture, building design, branding and wayfinding, and inclusivity, including:
• Design Project of the Year @ The Building Awards
• Best Inclusive Building @ LABC Awards (for Tottenham Experience)
• WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for the general concourse design in the Leisure and Entertainment Interiors category
• WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for branding and wayfinding
• WAN (World Architecture News) Bronze Award – for architecture in the Leisure category
• Structural Steel Design Awards 2019 - Project of the Year
• The Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Long-Span Structures
• The Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Supreme Award for Engineering Excellence
• AJ Architecture Awards – Leisure Project of the Year
• TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Project of the Year
• TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards - Interior & Fit-Out Award for the High Street Concourse

Stadium nominated for Civic Trust Award
10 December 2019 | Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has been selected as one of only 49 projects from across the world to be nominated at the 2020 Civic Trust Awards (CTA).
The stadium is also one of only four projects nominated for a Selwyn Goldsmith Award for Universal Design, to be named at the same event held in Manchester on Friday 6 March.

The CTA is an independent, not-for-profit scheme that recognises national and international projects that have made a positive contribution to the local community.

All projects featured will receive either an Award or be Highly Commended, with a number of additional Special Awards presented to winning schemes for excellence in specific areas:

- National Panel Special Award – selected by National Panel members as their favourite scheme from this year’s Award-winning projects.
- Special Award for Sustainability – sponsored by Derwent London and is presented to a project that demonstrates excellent sustainability credentials in terms of overall design parameters, material selection, construction methods and long-term energy consumption.
- Special Award for Community Impact and Engagement – presented to a scheme that has demonstrated how successful community engagement can help deliver the highest standards of design whilst meeting the needs of local people.
- Michael Middleton Special Award – presented as a memorial and tribute to Michael Middleton CBE, who established the Civic Trust Awards in 1959, to an outstanding restoration project or new build within a conservation area.
Meanwhile, the stadium has also been nominated as one of Dezeen’s Top 10 architecture projects of 2019. Dezeen is one of the world’s leading architecture and design journals.

Awards for our new home

The stadium has picked up 11 industry awards since its opening in April in categories including structural engineering, architecture, building design, branding and wayfinding, and inclusivity, including:
• Design Project of the Year @ The Building Awards
• Best Inclusive Building @ LABC Awards (for Tottenham Experience)
• WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for the general concourse design in the Leisure and Entertainment Interiors category
• WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for branding and wayfinding
• WAN (World Architecture News) Bronze Award – for architecture in the Leisure category
• Structural Steel Design Awards 2019 - Project of the Year
• The Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Long-Span Structures
• The Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Supreme Award for Engineering Excellence
• AJ Architecture Awards – Leisure Project of the Year
• TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Project of the Year
• TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards - Interior & Fit-Out Award for the High Street Concourse

See, with levy at the helm we are winning shit loads. Get that trophy cabinet full

I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions for me:

1. Now we're ticking over nicely, what's the atmosphere like? I heard it wasn't amazing on Jose's first home game (understandable, since it was all a bit weird), but I haven't heard much else, which I'm guessing isn't a bad thing. Just wondering if everyone is happy with it and the planning/acoustics etc. are a success?

2. What is the theoretical maximum capacity they *could* achieve with this architecture? Did they plan for replaceable stands etc? Could it end up being 70/80k?
I don't think there's much chance of the capacity ever going up to 70/80k. There's a reason clubs like Juve are downsizing. Nobody wants to be rattling around in a stadium that's too big for them.

We should learn from a lot of the Wembley games that it was shit when there were huge empty spaces, and stick to a more realistic size. We've already had games that haven't sold out at the current capacity.

I wonder how eager Levy would really be to get naming rights at all. All these events being broadcast worldwide is really valuable exposure for the club - more valuable than selling a sponsorship deal?
I know it's been mentioned before numerous times, but big names like Anthony Joshua and world heavyweight title fights is just the start.

I wonder how eager Levy would really be to get naming rights at all. All these events being broadcast worldwide is really valuable exposure for the club - more valuable than selling a sponsorship deal?
I know it's been mentioned before numerous times, but big names like Anthony Joshua and world heavyweight title fights is just the start.

It's all great but the manager still has little to no money to spend in January:mourcheeks:

Any ideas when those who have expressed an interest in the new STs will hear anything?

It will be a while I suppose since they will be going down the list of OH+ members in Loyalty Point order first then "other" members in LP order and finally (and surprisingly) non-members.

It will be a while I suppose since they will be going down the list of OH+ members in Loyalty Point order first then "other" members in LP order and finally (and surprisingly) non-members.

Bit weird that they are asking for people to express interest when there is already a paid waiting list in place. I would hope everyone on the waiting list gets offered first, regardless of whether or not they have taken the time to "express interest"

It will be a while...but even longer before we give half season tickets away for free like Newcastle?

I would hope everyone on the waiting list gets offered first, regardless of whether or not they have taken the time to "express interest"

They did say that would be the case.

"Applications for new Season Tickets are open to all supporters who have registered an e-ticketing account with us. Priority will be given to One Hotspur + Members at the top of the waiting list before applications from other Members and non-Members are considered."

I think it shows that they don't think that there will be enough interest from existing members given that most will probably have been offered an ST at least once or twice before.

Back
Top Bottom