New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funny, I remember early round cup games at WHL against lower league opposition being played in front of crowds of 20-25,000.
Indeed. And FA Cup 3rd round ties against Forest (Cloughie's first game in charge for them) and Stoke attracted crowds of only just over 25,000.
That period from '74 to '78 was dire in the Cup. We just couldn't get past the 3rd round. Lost to last minute goals at Leicester and Stoke (replay). Not forgetting the Sayer goal at Ninian Park.
Then of course the Bolton game at WHL in '78. Hoddle scores that wonder goal at the Paxton with just a few minutes remaining. Whilst we were all celebrating, Bolton go down the other end and equalise.
We lose the replay in extra time.
Nailed the bogey the following season with a very quirky run to the quarter finals.
Went to all four away games - all in the north-west. Brilliant night at Wrexham, but bloody cold! And on the pitch at Oldham after the match.
Think it's the only time in our history that we've had two players score away hat tricks in the FA Cup in the same season.
Still have the newspaper cuttings from the victories at Maine Road and Wrexham.
"123 it's Rosie Lee" (Altrincham)
"Super CJ" (Wrexham)
I'll get me coat...

That period from '74 to '78 was dire in the Cup. We just couldn't get past the 3rd round. Lost to last minute goals at Leicester and Stoke (replay). Not forgetting the Sayer goal at Ninian Park.

Add 72-73 to the list of disasters. Home 4th round replay against Derby ( I think we only got through the 3rd round because we got Margate). Leading 3-1 with 10 mins to go. Lost 3-5 AET. :mourfacepalm: One of my mates was so pissed off he said he'd never go again and I don't think he did. The attendance? 52,736, the biggest of the season I believe. For a 4th round FA Cup replay FFS. :pochwtf:

Yep - my dad went to the Derby replay. Said I couldn't go, cos of school the next morning.
The worst, disaster-wise of that era for me - has to be the League Cup semi final loss to Chelscum the year before. Nigh on 50 years later, and I still find it so bloody painful thinking about that free kick.

What the fuck is the £1.75 booking fee for????

Just bought my seat for Leipzig, what do they do apart from add to my app/card that warrants a fee?

Although I suppose you can classify the two FA Cup 6th round appearances in '79 and '80 as cup runs.
And the League Cup quarter final in 1980.

What the fuck is the £1.75 booking fee for????

Just bought my seat for Leipzig, what do they do apart from add to my app/card that warrants a fee?
Goes towards the Tottenham Xmas party?

Been doing it for years, it is a joke.

Yep - my dad went to the Derby replay. Said I couldn't go, cos of school the next morning.
The worst, disaster-wise of that era for me - has to be the League Cup semi final loss to Chelscum the year before. Nigh on 50 years later, and I still find it so bloody painful thinking about that free kick.

I was at school the next morning. Probably... :deledoubt:

Back
Top Bottom