New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As usual I was in 256 Wednesday evening and the atmosphere was a lot better.Plenty of faces I haven’t seen before ( odd you would think for a big CL night) Whoever the newcomers were I wish they were there every game.

Just looking through the Destination Tottenham book.
In picture of the South Stand in the game vs EFC (was 1-0 at the time) i can see myself (with the help of a magnifying glass).
Everyone else around me is sitting down, im standing up, arms open wide giving it large.

Silly old sod.

I don't know if a link has been posted but I just watched the Richard Hammond show so thought I'd share. I didn't know the H Club transformed into an NFL TV studio/commentary box for the Handegg games.
Some interesting bits in here...

I don't know if a link has been posted but I just watched the Richard Hammond show so thought I'd share. I didn't know the H Club transformed into an NFL TV studio/commentary box for the Handegg games.

Yeah watched it last week ,definitely does the club proud showing it off in this episode.

Just looking through the Destination Tottenham book.
In picture of the South Stand in the game vs EFC (was 1-0 at the time) i can see myself (with the help of a magnifying glass).
Everyone else around me is sitting down, im standing up, arms open wide giving it large.

Silly old sod.
That's nothing fella... I see that and I raise you...
I can see myself in a picture of the inaugural match last April vs Palace and we're all being allowed to stand in the Paxton...!!!
Those halcyon days...

Yes mate. Watched that. There was nothing earth shattering but was interesting and I really enjoyed it.

That's nothing fella... I see that and I raise you...
I can see myself in a picture of the inaugural match last April vs Palace and we're all being allowed to stand in the Paxton...!!!
Those halcyon days...
I've seen myself in a few photographs in the match day programme.
The pics were taken at:
Home to Chelsea - Aug '78
Away to Villa - March '79
Away to Coventry March '89

Select Car Leasing, using road safety campaigner’s THINK! crash map, analysed the before and after data to see how a landmark can have an impact on car accidents in the surrounding area.

Counting the numbers of accidents on Tottenham High Road, Northumberland Park and Worcester Avenue before and after construction began in 2015, their study found that there had been a 39% rise.

There was a total of 17 accidents (8.5 per year) in 2013 and 2014 before they broke ground, with that figure rising to 47 accidents (11.8 per year) between 2015 and 2018.

Figures are believed to have risen due to people trying to get a glimpse of the new place during its construction.

Select Car Leasing, using road safety campaigner’s THINK! crash map, analysed the before and after data to see how a landmark can have an impact on car accidents in the surrounding area.

Counting the numbers of accidents on Tottenham High Road, Northumberland Park and Worcester Avenue before and after construction began in 2015, their study found that there had been a 39% rise.

There was a total of 17 accidents (8.5 per year) in 2013 and 2014 before they broke ground, with that figure rising to 47 accidents (11.8 per year) between 2015 and 2018.

Figures are believed to have risen due to people trying to get a glimpse of the new place during its construction.

Not quite the same thing but I've definitely noticed an increase in people driving like complete pricks after the match. Generally locals frustrated at the people flow and road closures. Area around Bruce Grove especially bad, matter of time before some pedestrians get injured in my opinion.

Not quite the same thing but I've definitely noticed an increase in people driving like complete pricks after the match. Generally locals frustrated at the people flow and road closures. Area around Bruce Grove especially bad, matter of time before some pedestrians get injured in my opinion.

Probably the "boy racers", some with back firing motors.
Been an upsurge of them in recent years, usually of mediterranean appearance.
Many are from enfield/edmonton sides i've been told.

They're wankers. :dembelefingers:

BangkokSpud BangkokSpud

HGY/2019/2929 & 2930 - Nos. 867-879 High Road and land to the rear, N17 8EY PDF 965 KB

Proposal - Planning Permission:Hybrid planning application (part Full/Part Outline) for the demolition of existing buildings & structures and redevelopment of the site for a residential led mixed-use scheme with up to 330 residential units (class C3), retail/café use (Use Class A1/A3), area of new public open space, landscaping and other associated works. Full details/permission is sought in respect of Block D, 867 and 869 High Road (Grade II listed) and proposed Block G to its rear. Outline permission is sought for the remainder of the site, with details of “scale”, “layout”, “appearance” and “landscaping” reserved in relation to proposed Blocks A, B and C and details of “appearance”, “landscaping” and “layout” only reserved in relation to Block E.

Proposal - Listed Building Consent: Listed Building Consent for Internal alterations and associated works to provide 6 x 2- bed flats at 867 and 869 High Road.

Recommendation: GRANT
Additional documents:
Wow.

A couple of weeks ago I posted a letter from the Mayor Of London which said he did not support the proposals on various grounds. So he and Haringey must have been told that they had no legal grounds to not grant planning permission. Big turnaround, and surprisingly quick too !

Back
Top Bottom