New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was my point - Tottenham Developments Ltd - is some nothing company created by someone in Nova Scotia probably hoping to make a few quid of the name ... as far as I can see it has nothing to do with us

https://opencorporates.com/companies/ca_ns/3203893

I tried to invest in some of the Spurs Companies a few years back, not a chance all closed shop ... this stuff is all interesting thanks for all the info ... bores the pants out of a lot of people but will make our club not only rich but a massive social influence in Tottenham ... hopefully a source of great pride for Spurs fans of the future.

Thanks, agreed the Nova Scotia Tottenham Developments Ltd is probably nothing to do with us, almost certainly another Tottenham Developments Ltd exists which was created in Bahamas (Joe has had quite a few companies created in his home county) such as https://opencorporates.com/companies/bs/168131B (which was only formed in January 2020 so may be not Joes's) or Isle of Man or anywhere else which can use 'Ltd' as part of its name (for example there is another Tottenham Developments Ltd in Republic of Ireland) https://opencorporates.com/companies/ie/530283 with some association with either ENIC or Joe.

My original point was that as its not on UK Companies House I cant directly find who owns/controls it - although with Tottenham Holdings Ltd disclosure that Joe is a person with significant control that's quite a step forward.

Agree that whatever the corporate structure that Spurs are doing a massive job of helping to redevelop the area of Tottenham (often with 35% affordable housing, although Brook House was 100%) along with community facilities such as Schools, medical centre (still to be built ?) and public areas both for leisure and kids playing areas, a great advert for private enterprise meeting social needs. And something to be proud of - Spurs have already built more homes (Brook House and 500 White Hart Lane), in our area of Tottenham than Haringey and now with well over 1,000 homes more with planning permission (The Goods Yard plus those on the stadium site, in total about 1,000) or in the process (B & M Site) for another 300+ homes.

Last edited:
It might be CBRE GI, but that isn't anything to do with CBRE apart from the name. They are a relatively small player in London, probably don't own any single building worth more than £50m.

CBRE (probably best known in UK as 'Richard Ellis' which was swallowed up into the current CBRE many years ago), which owns CBRE Global Investors.

CBRE is a huge company operating pretty much worldwide in many segments of the Real Estate industry, including direct investment where its subsidiary, CBRE Global Investors, is of a size (probably allowing it to be part of FT 100 index were it an independently listed/quoted company) where it has a separate management.

One of the worst atmospheres I've experienced yesterday.
Embarrassing really.

It's the football - exactly the same is happening at away matches.

The team only starts trying to win in the last 10 minutes, until then it's lots of sitting in deep and passing sideways.

The crowd reacts accordingly, nothing the fans do will make the players switch from Mourinho's game plan.

It's a shame that the football played determines how a crowd should react. But I guess that's football.

We actually played pretty well yesterday too. Certainly one of our best performances over the last 12 months in the league when you put opponents into perspective.

Atmosphere is depressing at the moment. As each game passes it becomes more apparent people are there for the day out, the novelty of visiting the new stadium rather than getting behind the side. Where I sit, front of North upper, people are forever up and down, getting food, struggling to find their seats. Does my head in. Yesterday was the worst I've known for it. Not sure if the ticket office will accept seat moves next season but I'll certainly be considering it. The view I have is great, but it doesn't feel I'm at the football anymore.

It's a shame that the football played determines how a crowd should react. But I guess that's football.

We actually played pretty well yesterday too. Certainly one of our best performances over the last 12 months in the league when you put opponents into perspective.

It doesn't always.

Under more emotional/instinctive managers the players can be influenced to break from their tactics more easily - both a positive and negative thing.

Good point about the football although you could kind of say if we created a better atmosphere to begin with, the players might react with more passion and flair. At the moment you wonder if players are afraid to take risks when attacking because they are worried about the backlash from the crowd.

Pretty dire football atm yes but some of the fans are not helping with constant moaning.

It's the football - exactly the same is happening at away matches.

The team only starts trying to win in the last 10 minutes, until then it's lots of sitting in deep and passing sideways.

The crowd reacts accordingly, nothing the fans do will make the players switch from Mourinho's game plan.
Generally I'd say you were right, but yesterday we had 65% possession, passed more, with greater accuracy, had more shots on target. I genuinely think we were trying to score throughout the game, just weren't good enough.

Whilst i wasn't there,gutted it was as bad as everyone i have spoken to has said.
On Saturday was drinking in my local with a group over from Ireland going to the new place for the first time.
Shame they din't have a more memorable visit.

Generally I'd say you were right, but yesterday we had 65% possession, passed more, with greater accuracy, had more shots on target. I genuinely think we were trying to score throughout the game, just weren't good enough.

I'm not sure we intended to have as much of the ball - just the two game plans were very similar and Wolves are better at counter attacking

Every single person I spoke to, family, friends and TFCers (and myself) thought we would be lucky to get a point.

Hard to get excited when you know what is coming.

We still sang as we always do but without any real conviction.

Dreading being among thousands of tourists and day trippers on Wednesday.

Maybe the boxing fans can show us how to make a real atmosphere. I was embarrassed yesterday - I was looking over at the press box and thinking, they should write how shit our support is. Wolves' fans were not great either but they may as well have been singing to an empty stadium for most of the game.
I having been saying this for years, we have shit support; we lack imagination, don't get behind the team and have this hooligan aggression. Now, some of you can drag your heals in and argue how great our away support is, it is isn't.
I was desperate for a piss so went down a minute before halftime, it was just full of fat, red-faced, middle-aged, aggressive drunks - that is what the stadium is good for, middle aged men getting pissed and moaning.

I am done.

Back
Top Bottom