New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is great! My only gripe with the whole stadium development was the demolition of the White Hart/Valentino's and the old Ticket office building, all IMO were icons of Tottenham history and most importantly in our soul.

This development will rejuvenate the soul I think.

Before it was the Corner Pin...........

ParkTavern1910.gif

Last edited:

This is great! My only gripe with the whole stadium development was the demolition of the White Hart/Valentino's and the old Ticket office building, all IMO were icons of Tottenham history and most importantly in our soul.

ParkTavern1910.gif

Very cool. Will be great when things get back to normal.

Agreed. Still can't believe they did that. They could just have moved the two buildings a couple of feets towards the stadium and incorporated it with the Tottenham Experience thingy.

Would have put so much more soul towards it all. That means they could have also saved the iconic gates, and still have the famous clock on the Red House.

Agreed. Still can't believe they did that. They could just have moved the two buildings a couple of feets towards the stadium and incorporated it with the Tottenham Experience thingy.

Would have put so much more soul towards it all. That means they could have also saved the iconic gates, and still have the famous clock on the Red House.
Agreed. For me it would have enhanced the link to our past. I'm so glad Warmington House was retained and I can't wait to go in there when it opens.

I love the new stadiums catering, I think it's well priced and having sampled most things on offer it's probably the best food I've ever eaten at a stadium. Can't stand those taking a pop at it because eating a pizza (that's a proper one at that) isn't "proper football" because it's not some inedible horsemeat pie!

But (assuming we ever get to go to a game again) a meet up at a proper pub outside the ground is an option many older gits like me will gravitate towards (the only pub I've gone to since the new stadium has been The Annie). To me, it's logical for the Club to not only get income from the stadium but from the surrounding area too. Wouldn't it be great if they did the same with The Bill Nic? The place was turning into a dump (still perhaps the best end of season party) but the fact it's only open on match days is a complete kick in the bollokcs for the local community and also shows just how much of a shit the owners give, so fuck'em I say.

ParkTavern1910.gif

I've said for a long time that the club should buy any pub in the area that is going to be otherwise lost.

The demand might only be there for match days - but they have the economies of scale and access to staffing to still run them and make money.

They wouldn't even need to 'brand' them, just do it quietly and maintain an amenity for fans that don't want to drink in the stadium.

I've said for a long time that the club should buy any pub in the area that is going to be otherwise lost.

The demand might only be there for match days - but they have the economies of scale and access to staffing to still run them and make money.

They wouldn't even need to 'brand' them, just do it quietly and maintain an amenity for fans that don't want to drink in the stadium.

A pub run for one day is almost certainly not economically viable - its the fixed costs such as business rates, standing charges on utilities or TV/wi fi plus a need to maintain a building whether its used one day or every day. Also old buildings irregularly used tend to attract mice etc.

If Spurs buy up old pubs to re-open they need it to be ones whether there is enough local custom to at least break across the week with that maybe 20 - 25 days a year (once a fortnight) when there are fans in town to make a decent profit, or other stadium events attracts enough punters..

A pub run for one day is almost certainly not economically viable - its the fixed costs such as business rates, standing charges on utilities or TV/wi fi plus a need to maintain a building whether its used one day or every day. Also old buildings irregularly used tend to attract mice etc.

If Spurs buy up old pubs to re-open they need it to be ones whether there is enough local custom to at least break across the week with that maybe 20 - 25 days a year (once a fortnight) when there are fans in town to make a decent profit, or other stadium events attracts enough punters..

I would say the only pub in Tottenham doing any sort of decent non match day trade is The Beehive. The Bluecoats has its moments and the Elbow Rooms has its select audience but that's about it. I can't see this doing much of a non-matchday trade.

I would say the only pub in Tottenham doing any sort of decent non match day trade is The Beehive. The Bluecoats has its moments and the Elbow Rooms has its select audience but that's about it. I can't see this doing much of a non-matchday trade.
Most pubs in Tottenham are ratholes. Even the people who live in Tottenham don't really want to drink in them because they're all pretty much empty outside of a matchday.

Most pubs in Tottenham are ratholes. Even the people who live in Tottenham don't really want to drink in them because they're all pretty much empty outside of a matchday.
I live in Tottenham so I can attest to this but you may be surprised to see how well the Beehive does.

Will the Corner Pin be a game changer ?

I assume it will be completely modernised/new inside and lose any 'rat hole' like features (cost £250k - £500k ?).

Would that encourage more people to go out and patronise it (not just shifting from the Beehive ?

Of course some will not like either Beavertown beers or its pricing, but if there is local demand surely this gets a number of punters in ?

Why do you think The Beehive, The Bluecoats and the Elbow Rooms get the trade they do ? And why do more people not go there - is it that they all need a refurbishment to a more modern day standard ?

And if the Corner Pin, The Beehive, The Bluecoats and the Elbow Rooms are barely viable with local trade, why re-open any other pubs in the area ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom