New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quite likely Spurs thought that having 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium' announced as a venue for NFL matches, PL matches broacast in USA etc would build up Spurs image in USA (lots of benefits sportingwise plus making raising of debt easier etc) which was worth more than naming rights deal offered.

We would have been better off getting the 350 million and spending 250million of that strengthening the squad and having a serious tilt at becoming title winners. The global impact of that would have been more useful to the ’brand‘ than a few yanks watching the early game of a second tier American football match 3 times a year In our stadium.

Having the stadium restructured to be able to host such events cost us more than 350 million if you factor in the 2 year delay, the cost of hiring Wembley and the massive overspend.

Levy is clueless part 989 of a running series.

We would have been better off getting the 350 million and spending 250million of that strengthening the squad and having a serious tilt at becoming title winners. The global impact of that would have been more useful to the ’brand‘ than a few yanks watching the early game of a second tier American football match 3 times a year In our stadium.

Having the stadium restructured to be able to host such events cost us more than 350 million if you factor in the 2 year delay, the cost of hiring Wembley and the massive overspend.

WHL was falling apart

I booked a tour for the 4th august. Contemplating booking the sky walk too. Not great with heights mind lol
Have said this before, it's not as scary as you think and the thrill overtakes any fear. The harnesses will ensure you can't go anywhere. You can call me all the names under the sun if you don't enjoy it;)

Have said this before, it's not as scary as you think and the thrill overtakes any fear. The harnesses will ensure you can't go anywhere. You can call me all the names under the sun if you don't enjoy it;)

The only names I'd ever call you would be 'amazing, wonderful, the boss'.

:tanguythumb:

The Good Doctor GIF by ABC Network

I've had a code for this since before lockdown - bought as a prezzie. I keep forgetting to see if it's still valid. Thanks for the reminder.

Nobody credible has ever suggested getting £350m

We might get say £30m pa for 10 -15 or more years but that is totally different.

And with that your assertion of spending £250m on new players is so easy gets filed in the round filing cabinet that others call a dustbin..... along with your credibility on commenting on any financial matters

Nobody credible has ever suggested getting £350m

We might get say £30m pa for 10 -15 or more years but that is totally different.

And with that your assertion of spending £250m on new players is so easy gets filed in the round filing cabinet that others call a dustbin..... along with your credibility on commenting on any financial matters

350m was a low ball figure and yes it is based on 10 years.

point is you sign the contract with whatever conglomerate wants to pay it and you then borrow the cash on the back of it. its money in the bank we can access at cheap interest rates . Levy has already done this on future earnings based on our past revenue. And that is based on cl football. And it’s done to lay down other debts the prick has taken out in our name.

naming rights is genuine money We should be using it now. He’s wasted 2 years not getting this basic, basic job a chairman should do.

I've had a code for this since before lockdown - bought as a prezzie. I keep forgetting to see if it's still valid. Thanks for the reminder.
My daughter bought me a Stadium tour voucher for Christmas. Still haven't got round to booking it yet. Think it's valid for 12 months from date of purchase.

Back
Top Bottom