New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

350m was a low ball figure and yes it is based on 10 years.

point is you sign the contract with whatever conglomerate wants to pay it and you then borrow the cash on the back of it. its money in the bank we can access at cheap interest rates . Levy has already done this on future earnings based on our past revenue. And that is based on cl football. And it’s done to lay down other debts the prick has taken out in our name.

naming rights is genuine money We should be using it now. He’s wasted 2 years not getting this basic, basic job a chairman should do.
To be clear we should absolutely not borrow against future revenue to fund transfer fees and we don’t remotely have to.

Well Teflon dan has just borrowed 300m on future revenue. Sew......

Naming rights is free money and not really borrowed. Any interest owed comes from the principle received.
Well, no, the stadium debt is backed by a tangible asset, and a tangible asset that produces revenue greatly in excess of the debt financing costs.

It would be even more in excess if he’d make a fucking naming deal, but he outsmarted himself in 2018 and the value of those rights have plunged since and he’s too proud to take his medicine for the good of the club.

Well, no, the stadium debt is backed by a tangible asset, and a tangible asset that produces revenue greatly in excess of the debt financing costs.

It would be even more in excess if he’d make a fucking naming deal, but he outsmarted himself in 2018 and the value of those rights have plunged since and he’s too proud to take his medicine for the good of the club.

sorry mate but Levy has just taken out a massive loan in our name to pay back the gubmint money he took.

thats extra money.

We would have been better off getting the 350 million and spending 250million of that strengthening the squad and having a serious tilt at becoming title winners. The global impact of that would have been more useful to the ’brand‘ than a few yanks watching the early game of a second tier American football match 3 times a year In our stadium.

Having the stadium restructured to be able to host such events cost us more than 350 million if you factor in the 2 year delay, the cost of hiring Wembley and the massive overspend.

Levy is clueless part 989 of a running series.
We have borrowed 250m to be repaid with the other debt over a period up to 30 years. 2.6 approx interest rate.
This is to pay back the 175m borrowed from the Bank of England at 0.5%

Whilst the stadium was being built there were lots of disclosures basically showing that the standard of fittings was going to be high. I did wonder but never said anything as to whether it was a bit OTT. Most posts I saw praised this. However it is a bit late now to complain that the stadium should have come in cheaper.

Whilst the stadium was being built there were lots of disclosures basically showing that the standard of fittings was going to be high. I did wonder but never said anything as to whether it was a bit OTT. Most posts I saw praised this. However it is a bit late now to complain that the stadium should have come in cheaper.
We can dream of a Signal Iduna Park on the Tottenham High Road all we want, but at the end of the day, on net, our stadium is a fantastic thing for the club and a place we can be proud of. I can’t wait to go.

The cheese room-y stuff is true and real, but secondary.

I'm pretty surprised the latest planning application has passed Spursidol Spursidol by....

MNIhl0Y.jpg

Hope he's made sure to increase the shop prices while all this goes on.
I hope that the snaking line deliberately weaves its way down every aisle in the Club shop and that all the food and drink shops they go past are shut but are puffing out cooking smells as they go past, so that when they reach the jabbing section at the end of the line the strategically open restaurants around this area are ready and as you say are charging £30 a pop for pizza.

Cruel to be kind

The Goods Yard and The Depot 36 & 44-52 White Hart Lane (and land to the rear), and
867-879 High Road (and land to the rear)

Full planning application for (i) the demolition of existing buildings and structures, site clearance and the redevelopment of the site for a residential-led, mixed-use development comprising residential units (C3); flexible commercial, business, community, retail and service uses (Class E); hard and soft landscaping; associated parking; and associated works. (ii) Change of use of No. 52 White Hart Lane from residential (C3) to a flexible retail (Class E) (iii) Change of use of No. 867-869 High Road to residential (C3) use.
This proposal is accompanied by an Environmental Statement.

975 homes (mix of privaye and affordable) with commercoial use on some ground floors plus a new park and other open space, cycle and car parking..

Back
Top Bottom